Cross server battle ground sucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    ...Then you have to play the waiting game until they advance in numerical honor.

I find it hard to believe you cannot "play it smart". Surely you can do things to mitigate losses and enhance your probability of winning. If you have an inflated numerical honor, it means in order to advance, you'll have to be far more cautious. If the BG is hyper BR'ed, eat the AFK penalty or jury-rig something together.

Or wait 6 months as a VIP to secure 5+. 15 months for 9, give or take.
    Why not just dont do BG at all? Seriously idk whats up with you but it seems you never disagree with anything R2 does.They can make socket rods cost 100 dollars each and you probably say "OH good job R2!" Not trying be an *** and apologize if I do but it just seems that nothing R2 does is wrong to you. The honor system and losing honor just promotes even more bullying and prevents players for even partaking in BG. The whole thing needs a revamp and I shouldn't have to wait 15+months or spend thousands of dollars to get VIP 9 just to play BG with no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
      Why not just dont do BG at all?
      ^this^

I had a phase of going in BG (when it was still single server) as I was saving for my 45 PvP set and needed the honor. Man, that was painfully slow as I was getting eaten alive by 70+. After that, I stayed away. Likewise, now I'm 53 and saving for my 55 PvP set, I'm back in the BG, and loving every minute of this new cross-server setup. Yes, I still get attacked and killed by those already with 55 PvP and clothes, but I'm not complaining, I'm reaping 1500 to 2000 honor a match, and managed to advance two honor levels in 2 days, simply by fighting people on my own range ... 52 to 54.

I don't get the attraction of the BG after 55 to be honest ? Is it just for the medallion boost that you could achieve with a level 5 pot anyway ? Is it for bragging rights ? Or is it just to have yet ANOTHER friggen thing to wine about, while standing in the holding area AFKing and letting others do the work "because all the high levels won't play nice with me, whah".

The loudest whiners are ALWAYS the ones who never leave the holding area the entire 30 minutes of the battle ... the sooner they implement a voting system to kick AFKers, or better still autodetect people who simply aren't moving "enough" in the BG, the better.
      Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
      NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
      Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

Originally posted by daveime View Post
        ^this^

I had a phase of going in BG (when it was still single server) as I was saving for my 45 PvP set and needed the honor. Man, that was painfully slow as I was getting eaten alive by 70+. After that, I stayed away. Likewise, now I'm 53 and saving for my 55 PvP set, I'm back in the BG, and loving every minute of this new cross-server setup. Yes, I still get attacked and killed by those already with 55 PvP and clothes, but I'm not complaining, I'm reaping 1500 to 2000 honor a match, and managed to advance two honor levels in 2 days, simply by fighting people on my own range ... 52 to 54.

I don't get the attraction of the BG after 55 to be honest ? Is it just for the medallion boost that you could achieve with a level 5 pot anyway ? Is it for bragging rights ? Or is it just to have yet ANOTHER friggen thing to wine about, while standing in the holding area AFKing and letting others do the work "because all the high levels won't play nice with me, whah".

The loudest whiners are ALWAYS the ones who never leave the holding area the entire 30 minutes of the battle ... the sooner they implement a voting system to kick AFKers, or better still autodetect people who simply aren't moving "enough" in the BG, the better.
        They kick you after 5 mins of afk now.

Comment

Originally posted by Oxykotton View Post
          They kick you after 5 mins of afk now.
          Yeah I've seen it ... all they need to do is move in and out of holding area every 4 minutes to stay safe.

I was hoping for the ability for every other member of team to vote on kicking an AFKer ... or something a bit smarter in terms of automation, that requires players to cover a certain distance during the time, to keep them moving
          Daveyboog - "Voted Mage with Most Disappointing BR 2013 - But Crusader None The Less !!!"
          NEPHILIM - S5 - Roaring Wetlands
          Veni, vermini, vomui

Comment

actually no, they need to have their points change now, 5 mins of running around without a point change still get kicked

Comment

BG not sux for hight bg players, farming honor never was so nice like now. Lots of ppl to kill.
              A Knight In Shining Armor Is A Man Who Has Never Has Hes Metal Truly Tested !!

Comment

sux that crusaders can get 2 dryads and kill me for 200 honor ..... where's my chance to farm honor for 2 months? I just got up to bully level, got beaten for months on end, just to get beaten again cuz I'm higher rank and less cash :/
                Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
                  sux that crusaders can get 2 dryads and kill me for 200 honor ..... where's my chance to farm honor for 2 months? I just got up to bully level, got beaten for months on end, just to get beaten again cuz I'm higher rank and less cash :/
                  You can't have "got beaten for months on end" and higher rank than other players your level. You must have done a lot of beating to others, and now getting your payback.
                  Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    You can't have "got beaten for months on end" and higher rank than other players your level. You must have done a lot of beating to others, and now getting your payback.
                    hmmmm, lvl 45 and got my set at lvl 47. That was 4 months ago. I been playing this a long time on server s7. So don't tell me I wasn't beaten for months at a time. Only way i got my rank easy is Guild Battle that came out. did i do my share of honor farming? A little bit yep, let lowbies get their shards then attack. Earned my Elite Knight Crusader. So yeah, I beat on lowbies. Not like the Lord Divine in my server who has been farming for months, capping out every day at 3k. Before that, he was farming cata 2 times a day. I finally get up high in level for my turn, and it gets changed on me. Same with Talents. I was around level 60 when talents came out. Before I get a chance to farm anything, it changes before I have a chance to enjoy being on top. Now, I see ppl lvl 60 with mdef 12k, huge gems and rank crusader. Guess I will level up to 70 and be the small guy, lose 10 -30 honor to get dryads and farm 200 honor per kill. Going to be fun for them then. I just dont see the incentive to try and get higher. Get higher with more chance to lose honor. What for? It seems pointless.

Comment

I don't see how you can please everyone.

Before: Level 60+ beating on Level 40+ in BG. Level 40+ cry foul.
                      Now: Level 60+ getting beaten by Level 65+. Level 60+ cry foul.

Do you suggest diving BG into 1 single level bracket each?
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

need put off dryads buff, it was ok when 40-80 bg, not when ~10lvl diff

or better make that buff after death not expire, just staying so weak ppl have chance to get honor too

but cashers can complain
                        Last edited by akirayama0ka; 03-05-2013, 03:42 AM.
                        class balance ****
                        cash - noncah balance ****

so game ****? - ye

dont choose mage, bcs mage sux class!

Comment

I don't see how you can please everyone.

Before: Level 60+ beating on Level 40+ in BG. Level 40+ cry foul.
                          Now: Level 60+ getting beaten by Level 65+. Level 60+ cry foul.

Do you suggest diving BG into 1 single level bracket each?
                          I never suggested BG be divided in the first place, at least, not in the brackets they specified. I asked for them to be divided by the sets, 39 and lower, 40-44, 45-54. 55-64, 65+

Also, like I said, its ridiculous to earn 2 kills, then have somebody pounce u after your battle. I know, I know..... you have a protection buff, but if you've picked up a cart, you are screwed.
                          Then you lose -400 or -200 because of some spoiler who decided not to do BG until now. seriously, 17 kills, mvp and -262 honor. why did i have 17 kills? Because I lost 1000 honor in 3 fights and I wasn't about to lose that much!!!!! Now, I dont even bother with the 2 kills. Enter the BG, leave the BG, go do world boss. Unless the people in BG have agreed to leave carters alone and fight those that want to fight. I don't see any reason to try and get a higher level. Just go to Guild Battles and Arenas and slowly earn honor there. Get my next rank that way.

Comment

Originally posted by R23221469 View Post
                            I never suggested BG be divided in the first place, at least, not in the brackets they specified. I asked for them to be divided by the sets, 39 and lower, 40-44, 45-54. 55-64, 65+

Also, like I said, its ridiculous to earn 2 kills, then have somebody pounce u after your battle. I know, I know..... you have a protection buff, but if you've picked up a cart, you are screwed.
                            Then you lose -400 or -200 because of some spoiler who decided not to do BG until now. seriously, 17 kills, mvp and -262 honor. why did i have 17 kills? Because I lost 1000 honor in 3 fights and I wasn't about to lose that much!!!!! Now, I dont even bother with the 2 kills. Enter the BG, leave the BG, go do world boss. Unless the people in BG have agreed to leave carters alone and fight those that want to fight. I don't see any reason to try and get a higher level. Just go to Guild Battles and Arenas and slowly earn honor there. Get my next rank that way.
                            I didn't say you ask for this bracket. I said players ask for this bracket. But you know, like I said, you can't please everyone.
                            One bracket favors one player; another bracket favors another.

I must say this is better than 40-80 BG.

I understand it sucks to lose honor like that. I really do. I don't play BG much before the patch, and I don't play BG much after the patch. I get my honor mostly from GBs. I have little risk of losing honor just mainly because I don't play.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Yep..i agree...this new BG is better than the last time...I Love this new BG (killed lots of new peps..mwahahaha)...got 1k-2k honor almost everytime...got also 700+ honor coz i got killed...well, thats that..."You win some, you lose some"...its the way of life...as they say "You cant win them all"...all you have to do is get stronger...think smart, play smart..
                              Last edited by ImaOhw; 03-05-2013, 06:02 AM.
                              " Mess with the Best, Die Like the Rest"

IGN: ImaOhw
                              Server: Worg Lair
                              Class: Archer (Lvl 55+)
                              Guild: Elite

Guides

Suggestions

Comment

I didn't say you ask for this bracket. I said players ask for this bracket. But you know, like I said, you can't please everyone.
                                One bracket favors one player; another bracket favors another.

I understand it sucks to lose honor like that. I really do. I don't play BG much before the patch, and I don't play BG much after the patch. I get my honor mostly from GBs. I have little risk of losing honor just mainly because I don't play.
                                yup u r right,

serve them right for being in same bg with a server 4 to 6 months earlier than them.

Maybe serve them right for going to new server and having cross server bg.
                                Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
                                Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
                                Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
                                One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
                                In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
                                One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
                                One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
                                In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Working...
                                X