Cross server battle ground sucks!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
    You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks.
    Care quote me where I did do that?

Btw., I dont rly need to counter. You throw out more assumptions just to emphasize your point. You ingore little details of what I write. I am not to be treated in a template way, so again: whats the point in arguing with you?
    Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 10:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
      Care quote me where I did do that?

Btw., I dont rly need to counter. You throw out more assumptions just to emphasize your point. You ingore little details of what I write. I am not to be treated in a template way, so again: whats the point in arguing with you?
      "People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore also being locked out of the Boxes rewards."

I care to. Notice the bolded part. You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards.

What are your "little details"? I am giving you concrete responses (most definitely not assumptions) and yet you continue to throw out vague aspects of your argument. I am asking you, what are your details? All I see is a complaint about honor loss... which I addressed. Additionally, you didn't state your character level or server either.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
        "People who simply enjoyed playing it, and were happy with the Rewards from boxes will stop joining, therefore also being locked out of the Boxes rewards."

I care to. Notice the bolded part. You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards.

What are your "little details"? I am giving you concrete responses (most definitely not assumptions) and yet you continue to throw out vague aspects of your argument. I am asking you, what are your details? All I see is a complaint about honor loss... which I addressed. Additionally, you didn't state your character level or server either.
        This is becoming ridiculous. You are pulling sentences out of context...I meant the BattleGround Boxes of course. You "could" have noticed that if you had had paid attention to context. Not a single word in my whole entire post about PvP points, or those boxes.

"You are claiming players will be locked out of "boxes". I have no idea if you meant "chests" or "marks" as both dispense rewards." <- THIS makes it funny though, since one post bfore your last, you state "You complained about the mark system which is emphatically untrue as all you need is 1,000 CS PvP points for it - and as of now IIRC, multiple stacks of 1K points do NOT give more marks."

Hows that for assumptions? One post, you state an assumption to empahsize you. Next post, you yourself write you have no Idea what I meant rly - contradicting your previous statement.

Again: whats the point of arguing with you?
        Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 10:35 AM.

Comment

This is becoming ridiculous. You are pulling sentences out of context...I meant the BattleGround Boxes of course. You "could" have noticed that if you had had paid attention to context. Not a single word in my whole entire post about PvP points, or those boxes.

Again: whats the point of arguin with you?
          If you meant "chests", state as such. You were the one being ambiguous. "Boxes" could mean either.

I won't engage further. Enjoy BGs.

Comment

Rofl.

I prooved youre working with assumptions as it pleases you, contradicting yourself as a result . Was easy. At least, I got a laugh out of all this in the end .

Comment

Rofl.

I prooved youre working with assumptions as it pleases you, contradicting yourself as a result . Was easy. At least, I got a laugh out of all this in the end .
              It makes you laugh too? Man I should have just spent more time on the forums instead of in game

Comment

Rofl.

At the time, I had to guess at which 'box' you meant. I took it to mean 'mark' and proceeded with that. It was all based on the ambiguous 'box' statement.

It's ironic that you keep stating, "why argue with me" yet you continue to do so - and even attempt to dissect and splice together my remarks.

Lastly, editing your own posts so many times makes it difficult to follow.

Enjoy your BGs.

Comment

Hmmm....still engaging huh?

I mostly editing typos out of my posts.

You make me smile how you conveniently ignore what I showed you on the previous page...which is you dont hesitate to argue based on assumptions, and you dont hesitate to contradict yourelves. Youre making it even better now, coming back and defending your style.

Hence, my question stands: whats the point in arguing with you ? Obviously, you need a really elaborate 2 pages long conversation to be able to reproduce what you have written in this Thread before...as if I hadnt read it.

Why do I still keep on posting ? Cos it amuses me tbh .

Apart from that, the conversation with you is not very fruitfull in regards to what I see as a problem with the System which is, even if you are a peacefull player who doesnt rly care much about honor in BGs, mainly go there for the boxes ( read : chests, cos its earned in BGs...) and Quest, you will loose a lot of honor rly fast on occasion if youre ranked Crusader . And your chances of making that honor back in the same BG are more than slim . Which will ultimatly lead to less and less people playing BGs. Why?

Because if I - who has nice BR and all - can be made loose honor rly simple and fast, what is going to happen to NonCashplayers when they hit Crusader...at last ? The Elite Warriors hunting THEM will not need 40, 50% Dryads or more...possibly, 20, 30% will suffice - maybe even less or none at all . And then the NonCash/little cash Crusader will be down 200 honor ( or even extremely MUCH more if not high lvl VIP ), honor which they have possibly worked much harder for than the Cash Elite Warrior that just killed them,

You understand the problem now?
                  Last edited by Kastergir; 03-05-2013, 11:13 AM.

Comment

Hmmm....still engaging huh?

I mostly editing typos out of my posts.

You make me smile how you conveniently ignore what I showed you on the previous page...which is you dont hesitate to argue based on assumptions, and you dont hesitate to contradict yourelves. Youre making it even better now, coming back and defending your style.

Hence, my question stands: whats the point in arguing with you ? Obviously, you need a really elaborate 2 pages long conversation to be able to reproduce what you have written in this Thread before...as if I hadnt read it.

Why do I still keep on posting ? Cos it amuses me tbh .

Apart from that, the conversation with you is not very fruitfull in regards to what I see as a problem with the System which is, even if you are a peacefull player who doesnt rly care much about honor in BGs, mainly go the there for the boxes ( read : chests, cos its earned in BGs...) and Quest, you will loose a lot of honor rly fast if youre ranked Crusader . And your chances of making that honor back in the same BG are more than slim . Which will ultimatly lead to less and less people playing BGs. Why?

Because if I - who has nice BR and all - can be made loose honor rly simple and fast, what is going to happen to all the NonCashplayers when they hit Crusader...at last ? The Elite Warriors hunting THEM will not need 40, 50% Dryads or more...possibly, 20, 30% will suffice . ANd then the NonCash/little cash Crusader will be down 200 honor, honor which they have possibly worked much harder for than the Cash Elite Warrior that just killed them,

You understand the problem now?
                    I'm not ignoring anything.

I told you why the honor system works. It's a "rubber band". I stated that with average BR a lower honored player will gain honor quickly, while a higher honored player will lose it quickly. You were a low honored player once and you received the good chunks in honor while losing small amounts when you lost. Now that you are higher honored (compared to the BGs you get involved in), you stand to lose - a lot. Dryad's blessings are a means to even the playfield. I stated how to counter this a bit - learn to know who is whom, see who the spoilers are, use the guardians, attack higher honored players than you and generally, play it safe. If you cannot cart to get the chests, then that is the price you pay - for now.

Your postulation of "what will a free player do" is a known one: They will lose - unless they either: camp at x9 or very slowly build BR. Remove those examples and the free player Crusader will likely stay at 32,000 +/-.

When you get to 70+, you'll see that unless you're ungodly overpowered, it's usually a 1:1 or 2:1 deal. There is no more chaining unless you get low BRed players in that bracket... and even then, Dryad's @ 20% can start to turn the tide.

Comment

Let me clear up something : someone who is ranked below Crusader...doesnt loose Honor when they loose a fight in BGs. You keep reminiscing to me njoying huge rewards/little losses when I was lower ranked...erh no. Didnt loose anything at all when I lost. Noone does bfore Crusader.

And you conveniently and STILL ignore what I described to you as a problem I see. You just rebutt again, reproduce again what you already said - as if I wasnt able to read it the first time . As mentioned above, its not really fruitfull...and by now, the njoyment has worn of.

Good Luck, and enjoy the game .

Comment

Let me clear up something : someone who is ranked below Crusader...doesnt loose Honor when they loose a fight in BGs. You keep reminiscing to me njoying huge rewards/little losses when I was lower ranked...erh no. Didnt loose anything at all when I lost. Noone does bfore Crusader.

And you conveniently and STILL ignore what I described to you as a problem I see. You just rebutt again, reproduce again what you already said - as if I wasnt able to read it the first time . As mentioned above, its not really fruitfull...and by now, the njoyment has worn of.

Good Luck, and enjoy the game .
                        I fully understand the "no loss before crusader" aspect about BGs. Why else would I have said "32,000 +/-"? Everyone can get there... even if players have to limp in order to do this.

I still do not understand what you are complaining about. Honor loss? You would like it lessened?

Same to you and remember to play BGs wisely.

Comment

I can't say I'm really a fan of cross-server BG. I regularly lose honor on the order of 100+ if I join the battle grounds now. But I'll give you a chance to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm a level 67 archer who just hit knight crusader. I don't have clothes; I have level 1 wings and the lvl 55 PvP set. I haven't been able to kill people in battle grounds for a while, so I just go after the crystal shards. It's been slow going, but that's been okay with me. I get a decent amount of honor from doing guild battles after all. I find dryad's hunting to be both dishonorable and, at my level, useless - most people are either going to kill me or won't give me more than 35 honor anyway. I've built myself with all patk, mdef, and HP to try and focus on what archers are supposed to do - kill mages. So tell me what I'm doing wrong, and I'll try to fix it. Constructive posts guys - they're good to do. ^_^
                          AyaSnow
                          Phoenix
                          Server 58

Comment

Originally posted by AyaSnow View Post
                            I can't say I'm really a fan of cross-server BG. I regularly lose honor on the order of 100+ if I join the battle grounds now. But I'll give you a chance to tell me what I'm doing wrong. I'm a level 67 archer who just hit knight crusader. I don't have clothes; I have level 1 wings and the lvl 55 PvP set. I haven't been able to kill people in battle grounds for a while, so I just go after the crystal shards. It's been slow going, but that's been okay with me. I get a decent amount of honor from doing guild battles after all. I find dryad's hunting to be both dishonorable and, at my level, useless - most people are either going to kill me or won't give me more than 35 honor anyway. I've built myself with all patk, mdef, and HP to try and focus on what archers are supposed to do - kill mages. So tell me what I'm doing wrong, and I'll try to fix it. Constructive posts guys - they're good to do. ^_^
                            You've been around. I know of you. You're not doing anything wrong. The irony in all this is that everyone likely knows how to avoid honor loss - but actually being super diligent about doing so gets difficult. In addition, when confronted with the problem, said players will insist on doing things their way.

And so, at the risk of getting a "duh" statement, I'll say it. If you sole aim is to increase honor and in your current BG of your bracket has too many low numerically honored players, you're forced to play defensive. No more cart runs unless you want to take a risk. Dance around guardians. Use a morph card (unless they fixed this - it worked pre 1.5X). Piggyback on players moving around. Use your (slight) speed bonus/advantage against players who are on a kill streak. Or, eat the 5 minute honor debuff and try another BG after those 5 minutes.

The above is based on a poor scenario. If there are better honor numbers in your BG, suit to taste.

Comment

Originally posted by R21577189 View Post
                              yes i agree play smart , even non casher 30k br can kill full casher 60k br with 10 dryads and attacking that 60k br casher after it has done battle.
                              all this casher can go on spawnspot n waiting untill some of noobs will attack u
                              class balance ****
                              cash - noncah balance ****

so game ****? - ye

dont choose mage, bcs mage sux class!

Comment

(I skipped the last few pages so I'm sorry if this was addressed already)

I'm sick of seeing people complain that Elite Warriors are somehow screwing higher ranked players over simply because they are still Elite Warriors, and they're somehow doing this to Crusaders and up on purpose. You know why I, as an Elite Warrior with a 35k BR, never did BGs before the switch to CS BGs? Because 60+ poachers would sit outside my spawn area and cherry pick the whole time. Not everyone, obviously, but there was always one or two that ruined every single BG for the rest of us.

Now, at level 56, I am able to win more than I lose. I can't beat every lvl 59 in my bracket, but I can make them interesting most of the time. I never build up a Dryad because I seldom lose more than one fight in a row. So if you lose to me and you lose honor, don't **** and moan about it. It's not my fault that bully cherry pickers made me not do BGs before, and it's not my fault I only make about half my guilds GBs. If a lower-honor player beats a higher-honor player, then the winner should gain and the loser should lose.

This isn't middle-school recreational-level soccer. We all don't get a trophy. We all don't get orange slices and capri suns and we're not all winners. If that bugs you, go put your training wheels back on your bikes so you don't fall and hurt yourselves.

tl;dr: Click image for larger version

Name:	4692-ff47eda2237ecac8c4adfdac90278588.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	2.9 KB
ID:	1664773 <- here's the world's smallest violin. Go to town.
                                DrBaconMD

VictisHNR

S1-Temple of Ibalize

Comment

Working...
                                X