Setting the Guild Altar/Tree time

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setting the Guild Altar/Tree time

Most of the guilds waste their Announcement space to post the next tree and altar times. There is also the problem of the guildmaster having to be present for both events.

I propose a change - another page where guild tree and altar times could be entered and the altar/the tree would start at those times even without the guildmaster present. The guildmaster could edit this and everyone else could see this at any time. The whole guild could get chat announcements 15 minutes and 5 minutes before the beginning of these events.

Additional options could include: setting different times for different days in the week, disabling the guildmasters ability to change the time 15 minutes before the start, setting the default cost (50k or 200k) for the altar.

With the suggestion by WNewman, this could be easily seen on the guild page.

What do you think? Would this help anyone?

+1 to this idea. We cant expect that the GM will be there all the time, he has a life too or even if the time is already set (like my guild wich have the time acorded) the GM may have an emergency and not be there to activate the tree and the altar.
    It is a good idea

Comment

Another solution would be to allow the AGM's to have some power over this. Right now I really don't see a point in having AGM's in the guild. They are officers in every regard except for adding players to GW. Give the AGM's something extra in the guild please..
      Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
      BR: 67K
      Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

we have ToA everyday at 19:30 server time just Before GB osv. So evertybody knows a time everday.
        Character - Taggen
        Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
        Class - Archer
        Battle Rating -2.4M BR
        Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
        Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

Originally posted by dwmedia View Post
          we have ToA everyday at 19:30 server time just Before GB osv. So evertybody knows a time everday.
          Yeah, but your GM must be there in order to summon the tree or activate the altar. If your GM has some emergency, his internet connection falls down or something the entire guild is F...

Comment

Originally posted by palitodlselva View Post
            Yeah, but your GM must be there in order to summon the tree or activate the altar. If your GM has some emergency, his internet connection falls down or something the entire guild is F...
            One day without tree don't F your guild up.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by palitodlselva View Post
              Unfortunately, it happens. And most people understand. Guildmasters have an obligation to do the tree and altar for members and to set up an alternate arrangment if they can't be on and know it. But sometimes emergencies come up. I was recently made GM of my guild and I know if something happens I can get on the phone to a friend and have them let the members know I'll be there as soon as humanly possible. My guild would understand and I think all people need to understand that real life comes before a game. Every time.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                Unfortunately, it happens. And most people understand. Guildmasters have an obligation to do the tree and altar for members and to set up an alternate arrangment if they can't be on and know it. But sometimes emergencies come up. I was recently made GM of my guild and I know if something happens I can get on the phone to a friend and have them let the members know I'll be there as soon as humanly possible. My guild would understand and I think all people need to understand that real life comes before a game. Every time.
                you shouldnt have to run, call your friend or get there as humanly possible if you could set the time of your tree and altar. I know u have a life and non of your guild should pretend that you would be there every time.

And Condor... I now that lose the tree 1 day dont annoy the guild, but some times it happens 1, 2, 3 times and kinda **** the guild cuz the tree is one of the best ways to get Exp and some contribution
                Last edited by Kitwritten; 03-07-2013, 08:01 PM. Reason: removed swearing

Comment

Not a bad idea. I like this in either fashion, allowing the AGM to summon would be nice as well as the presetting a time.
                  Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                  Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                  #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                  #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                  X