Troop hit points and troop count don't add up correctly

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Troop hit points and troop count don't add up correctly

I have always thought something was way off when it came to troops and today I decided to sit down and take a second to prove it.

I can only use my troops as an example so here is my case in point.

Knights level 40
    Hit Points : 3001(+280) assuming the plus 280 is not factored into the displayed 3001 we will say this equals a total of 3281 hit points per knight.

Troop count (the number of troops used in battle) : 974 ( we will assume this means total, so 2 stacks of 487 troops)

So the damage each stack of knights I use in battle would have to take to be killed is : 3281 x 487 = 1,597,847

Well, I don't know about you guys, but my stacks of knights certainly are not absorbing 1.5 million damage before they die. So obviously troop hit points are not accurate, or troop count is not, or possibly both are wrong.

Either way, the numbers don't add up correctly.

Have you ever considered that perhaps the formula which you are currently using is wrong?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Health per troop times the number of troops used in battle seems pretty straight forward to me.

Now if what they present as total health per troop is not total health per troop then that is exactly what I am saying. That number is not correct and needs to be redefined.

If I am upgrading a skill for another 5 hp per troop and it instead is 5 health per 30, 40, 50 troops well then there should be mention of that somewhere or the display should be factored out to reflect that, wouldn't you agree?

As it stands now (I only searched the forums for threads with mentions of "troop health" and "troop hit points") my research has not given me any reason to see these displayed numbers as anything other then literal representations of the troops stats in the game. That being said if you have a link to some info pertaining to this subject that I have not stumbled upon yet I would gladly check it out.

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
        Have you ever considered that perhaps the formula which you are currently using is wrong?
        Astute as always.

OP, try dividing by globally by 200 - or (base troop HP + academy HP) * troop count / 200 .

Comment

This may help you:
          http://wartune.wikia.com/wiki/Statistics

"The maximum number of recruits you can bring with you into battle. This stat has no effect in multiplayer dungeons, since you can't bring recruits there.
          The number of troops you have with you determines your troops' hitpoints. Each of the two units that join you in battle have HP equal to (their base HP × your troop count / 200), so, for example, at level 3 your level 3 lancers have (341 × 120 / 200)=204.6 HP. Troop count has no effect on the damage your troops deal. "
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

LOL.... yes that formula brings back a much more believable result undoubtedly. I thank you for the clarification to the matter, but will also pose this question.

Why not divide the troop health by 200 to begin with, and then display it?

I am going to go ahead and assume this is not done to prevent decimals being displayed as well as to make 5 health significant (.025 health per upgrade would most likely make people scratch their heads).

Alright you two did your jobs quickly and precisely. Gold stars for the both of ya.

Comment

Originally posted by NME13 View Post
              LOL.... yes that formula brings back a much more believable result undoubtedly. I thank you for the clarification to the matter, but will also pose this question.

Why not divide the troop health by 200 to begin with, and then display it?
              No idea. I didn't create this game.
              Also, R2's developers probably don't know either. You have to go to 7Roads to ask them.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

This page would have helped you out as well!! CLICKY! Maybe it could get a sticky!!
                Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
                Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
                #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
                #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                X