[Discussion] Share on how you avoid being "burnt out"

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Discussion] Share on how you avoid being "burnt out"

Wartune is a pretty time-consuming game.

It has many events scattered throughout the day and many tasks for you to do.
    In order to keep up with everyone near the top, you have to be at most events. You can't afford to miss a lot for consecutive days.

This may eventually result in the situation where logging on to Wartune to do the tasks become more of a chore than a pleasure.
    I've played this game for 5 months and never missed a single day. I've missed events but have never been offline more than 24 hours at a time.
    Recently, I've come to experience that "burning out" feeling.

There are some ways to refresh yourself. I can think of some:
    1) Do the necessary tasks. Log out, and go and get fresh air. Log back in only during event time.
    2) Change the mentality that you need to be NEAR THE TOP. The constant drive to keep up really drains you up (just like how you do in real life).

I'm aware that there are new players to the game and they find that there are NOT ENOUGH tasks to do. But bear in mind that you're only at the start of your gaming experience. Do it enough and you'll eventually feel tired enough to burn out.

Do share your tips here on how you avoid being "burnt out".
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

I play it for the chicks.

Wait, whuddya mean there aren't any? But, she sent me a real life pic? She said she wouldn't lie to me?

Maybe the grind really is getting to me.

Comment

There are priorities in life besides playing.
      Time is Gold.
      Playing does not put food on the table.
      Use thy Wisdom and you will understand what i mean.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post

Wait, whuddya mean there aren't any? But, she sent me a real life pic? She said she wouldn't lie to me?

I don't really mind the grind.

After some analysis, I realized what is burning me out is the constant drive to try to keep up with people near the top.
        If there's no "pressure", there is no burning out.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

hehehe your reasons are peculiar.

Comment

This game keep me stay on my computer the whole day. Can't control myself to get off it...
            ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
            -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
            ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
            (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

I find the drive to be "near the top" to be laughable, I did finally break down and spend some balens for clothes and wings, but I got them for the look more than the effects. I can not compete with those that spend the heavy bucks, and so I do not even try. (The former is not a complaint and I do thank them for helping keep the game free for me and mine.)

For me, it is all about our family (read guild). The DragonDogs have been around for almost 4 years now. The come and go of our guild, the helping to train new people is what I enjoy the most. I write guides, and compile charts of what is needed in the game for our family in my spare time, but what I enjoy the most is seeing one of our family get excited because they have finally hit some goal, be it beating the kitty for the first time, or even just surviving a hit from the world boss for the first time. It helps keep me grounded and remember that the reason we are here is to have fun. And though having fun alone is OK, having fun with others is even better.
              Deschain Leader of the Dragon Dogs Guild. DD has its sixth anniversary as a gaming family in May.
              Suggestion #1. Actually enforce your rules so tickets regarding cheaters are not just round filed.
              #2. There are 5k Threads regarding bugs. Click to see 101 pages worth of stuff that needs fixing.
              #3. Read the suggestions forums where you will find 5k threads on ways to make it better. Click for 101 pages worth of free suggestions.

Comment

I played to hear the complaints they say about me. It's either hack or mega cash... whines and rants make me feel so good about myself.
                The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                  There are some ways to refresh yourself. I can think of some:
                  1) Do the necessary tasks. Log out, and go and get fresh air. Log back in only during event time.
                  2) Change the mentality that you need to be NEAR THE TOP. The constant drive to keep up really drains you up (just like how you do in real life).
                  For me it's the devo tasks that I just don't want to do. But I want the shinies, so I try to rush most of them in 10 minutes. And try to remember what all the tasks are, because I keep forgetting. And then I can't remember what the last one is and I have to check and that annoys me. So I try again next day ^_^

I set goals for myself throughout the game. "Near the top" has never and will never be a goal for me, thank goodness.

But dear KE... You should know there are no real girls/women on the interwebs! We're all middle-aged, 40-something single bald guys living in our mother's basement... *brohoof*
                  Originally posted by DeathRiver View Post
                  I played to hear the complaints they say about me. It's either hack or mega cash... whines and rants make me feel so good about myself.
                  Yup! I'm still waiting on some people to report me for being a haxxor... somehow they never follow through! :'(

Comment

For me, I enjoy being strong for my level.

Near the top will never be a reality for me unless all the big boys quit.

Like Creamy - I set mini goals for myself to achieve. My current one is a 40k BR before level 50. It's going ok for now. I may have to rethink my strategy though - not sure I'm gonna make it.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Personally, I play for my guild more than anything right now. Having come damned close to dying in the last year I have a different outlook on things than some. When I said it's just a game, I mean it. I play this for relaxation and when I find myself getting frustrated I go read a book. Or veg out with old Miami Vice episodes on Streampix... man did we ever think Don Johnson was a hearthrob in those clothes?? What were we thinking?

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Originally posted by Serrin View Post
                        man did we ever think Don Johnson was a hearthrob in those clothes?? What were we thinking?
                        I never thought of him as a heartthrob... So I can't answer your question...
                        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

I play for friends and running with them. Also for the guild on helping them progress and do guild battle. We only got 2 mages right now that can do Demon Temple. I am also very competitive and like to be near the top though I am not willing to spend as much as some others so it keeps me behind a little.

I have other commitments that keep me from participating for a few days at a time apart from logging on to get my mines and stuff so that holds me back a bit. Once you stop caring so much about needing to be towards the top it makes it more enjoyable.

Comment

Originally posted by R24877577 View Post
                            Once you stop caring so much about needing to be towards the top it makes it more enjoyable.
                            This is what I mean.
                            If you really want to be at the top, the game becomes a chore.

It's about changing the mindset.
                            [No longer logging in]

Comment

I play to avoid homework and rants from my mom so i probably will not be burned until the day i realize that i should finally sit down and do my homework on time

(never gonna happen)

so i don't care about being strong or having fun or anything

i just want to NOT do my homework and avoid my mother ranting to me about my homework and my chores (which i also never do)
                              Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
                              [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Working...
                              X