Suggestion: WT version for slower internet connections/computers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion: WT version for slower internet connections/computers

With more and more people complaining about lag, I'd like to see this option implemented. Currently, options such as hiding animations exist, but from what I've seen, they are not effective enough.
    What I'd suggest is the following:

A slow connection, slow computer version of Wartune, with less textures and animations to load. A few examples of this (not completely verified, but I've heard complaints):
    - the new loading bar lags more for some people, perhaps removing it could help
    - the usage of particles in the battle lags for some people, as do clothes
    - the "black screen" transition might lag because of everything being loaded - perhaps make it just an ordinary black screen transition (without effects) and load textures with a lower LoD?
    - the world boss lags for a great number of people, and there are still unresolved issues about this afaik - perhaps allowing an option to update the boss' health every 5-10 seconds and allowing the player to see only him/her self in the boss room could help?
    - entering battles, dungeons and various areas lags a bit - while I agree that the loading time will always depend on the speed of the internet, perhaps there should be an option to load a simpler interface?
    If possible, all of this should be under a single checkbox (low detail mode, for example) that could be turned on or off (possibly after reloading wartune).

While I do not experience these problems myself unless I'm using my connection for something heavy, I can imagine that many people do.

So, what do you think? Can this be done? Would it really help anyone? Any other, similar ideas?

The problem is everything is pre-rendered. Forcing the issue won't do any good. For this to work, it would require serious revamping of virtually every single graphic resource.

Comment

Perhaps just the stuff like not trying to load other players into the world boss then? I think that that could be done relatively simply, but don't know how it's done right now. In some browsers I can see players moving all the time, sometimes nobody moves from the spot where we are summoned and sometimes everyone's at the boss, but not moving.

Comment

a mini client would help 90% of this, i myself have to reload the whole game just because my ip changed.

btw when is it gonna be downloadable ? seen this question many times to the point it was removed from home index, i heard there is a Chinese version of this mini client.

Comment

Originally posted by only1merlin View Post
          a mini client would help 90% of this, i myself have to reload the whole game just because my ip changed.

btw when is it gonna be downloadable ? seen this question many times to the point it was removed from home index, i heard there is a Chinese version of this mini client.
          not only chinese

there are many other wartune providers who have mini client
          Learn the search function and use the search function help r2 by reducing the threads which might have already been posted

I am a 100% Noob

I AM STILL PURE NON CASHER WHO WILL NOT SPEND

Become a friend and be kind

hate and violence only brings wars which will lead to casualties

MY GUIDES:
          [Guide-How to reduce lag]

I THANK YOU FOR YOUR HARD WORK

Comment

Sometimes Wartune trigger my others page to crash if I have it in same windows.
            ▂ ▄ ▅ ▇ █ ♪♫♥ MUSIC IS MY LIFE ♥♪♫ █ ▇ ▆ ▄ ▂

✯Take That✯ 'Rule The World [HQ]' (っ◕‿◕)っ♥ ☜(ˆ▽ˆ)

✯David Cook✯ 'Laying Me Low' ٩(●̮̃•)۶ (͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

✯Lana Del Rey✯ 'Young & Beautiful' (>‿â—*)✌ ♥(ˆ⌣ˆԅ)

----------------(\_/)
            -(\(\----------(≧◡≦)
            ( =':')---<[:]|||||||[:]>
            (..(")(")✿❀❁(")(")

Comment

Working...
            X