Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to SCREW higher players in Battlegrounds even if you are lvl 50!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pernilla View Post
    It's called Battlegrounds, not "Ticker-tape Parade." Playing the game well means considering the whole of the situation--where do you go on the defensive, where do you die for little loss in order to gain a lot more, leveraging guild and friend alliances and game mechanics, knowing the signs of how a strong player just got weakened enough for you to finish them off. There are a lot of little tactics that need to be considered, which makes BG a very fun part of the game overall. Learn how to play the game.

~Pernilla
    Kong S-1
    I believe I am doing all right, thank you very much. Also, your ****** attitude and sense of entitlement doesn't make you look good, it makes you look like a ****** person.

Comment

Originally posted by R26312419 View Post
      I believe I am doing all right, thank you very much. Also, your ****** attitude and sense of entitlement doesn't make you look good, it makes you look like a ****** person.
      You're calling me the entitled one when you're talking about expecting better outcomes based on "hard work and money spent"? You need a reality check.

~Pernilla
      Kong S-1

Comment

Battleground's system of dryad's blessings and the fact that you don't heal after each battle, combined with how you lose MUCH more honor than you gain from killing lower ranked people (who will eventually kill you due to dryad's and the fact that you don't heal after each battle without spending star points which can run out fast) is basically a ploy by the company to make people spend thousnads of real life $$$$ in order to reach VIP 9 (where there's no honor loss)

Even VIP 8 gives huge honor loss when losing to lower ranked people.

Comment

Pernilla, you bring nothing new to the subject. You could argue that everything as been said and you would be right, but still. I never spoke of my own toon or my own expectations, so why are you bringing me as a player in the discussion? The fact of the matter is that the majority of players will get better results within the boundaries of the current battleground system by following this ''guide'': strip off gear, die 10 times, kill 1 time, repeat. Your argument about learning to play the game is invalid when you look at the bigger picture. The general outcome remain the same.

Edit: No matter how you try to adapt as an individual and to survive this situation, there is still a mathematical problem behind all the human drama of PVP. Once too many players figure out they get better results naked, what will happen to the gameplay? A competition as to who can become the weakest so they can farm that dryad kill off the 1 or 2 ranked players in the instance?
          Last edited by R26312419; 03-18-2013, 05:37 PM.

Comment

You need to check yourself. Pern's well respected on his server. It's pretty clear he knows what he's doing. Rather than whine and complain, why not try his strategy out?

Your use of profanity tells us what kind of person *you* are.

Comment

You know the very best part about hitting 70, even though I didn't wanna, is the fact that now all are Knight Crusaders or higher so I'm no longer losing 200 to dryad stackers. I kinda prefer it this way, it's more fair. Most let you get carts first... a few don't, so just time it right or hide behind Gartergirl on the way out

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Edit: No matter how you try to adapt as an individual and to survive this situation, there is still a mathematical problem behind all the human drama of PVP. Once too many players figure out they get better results naked, what will happen to the gameplay? A competition as to who can become the weakest so they can farm that dryad kill off the 1 or 2 ranked players in the instance?
                In that situation, they start out much weaker than you as they throw themselves at you. You should be scouting folks via the Rankings button to know relatively where people are at and when they would start to be a problem. If that's the case, one suggestion is to take advantage of the time they are weak and kill them en masse, trying to max as much as you can for 10-15 minutes (they still need to respawn so building enough dryads will take a while), then leave the BG. Heck, might be a good time to use a double honor scroll too.

Figure out the sweet spot between honor you can gain from 10-15 minutes worth of fights before the bombers come after you and execute a tactical retreat out of there. Sometimes you may not need to or want to get Insignia/Honor rewards if your goal is honor accumulation in the safest manner.

Or make some Elite Warrior and lower friends who sac themselves against a dryad bomber so that you can feast the last 10-15 minutes as well.

Good players will always figure out a way to gain an advantage instead of QQ-ing. No matter what.

~Pernilla
                Kong S-1

Comment

Once again, why are you bringing this to me? I never spoke of my situation, nor did I complain I couldn't make of the most of the current state of the battlegrounds. For your information, I am in a very enviable position when it comes to honor building right now, scoring 3000 almost everyday. But I still think the current system is flawed and it is currently driving players away from the game. If you think I'm QQ-ing as you say, I probably couldn't get my point across the way I wanted to.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                    You need to check yourself. Pern's well respected on his server. It's pretty clear he knows what he's doing. Rather than whine and complain, why not try his strategy out?

Your use of profanity tells us what kind of person *you* are.
                    You have the profanity trigger quite loose my friend Pern's answer was a personal attack against me, assuming I was complaining because of a lack of results, which has nothing to do with the discussion on the mechanics of the battlegrounds. Yet, it didn't address in any way the point I was trying to make. Attacking the messenger, not the message, right?

Comment

see this is why bg so annoying and noobs not supposed to cry when they get killed!! if your looking for dryads to kill someone..most time someone that didnt even attack you the whole bg so they lose 400 honor...you should be killed repeatedly and gl with that vs me i get 118 honor per kill and you will need around lvl 6 dryads to kill me so that 600 honor from you and 250 i lose...then u still lose 100+ or so cause im killing you 8 more times after that for revenge
                      IGN:Vanguard

Level:scion 5*

Class/Build:AM hybrid ranger

Fantasia

Server:S65 evil beast sanctuary

You win battles by knowing the enemy's timing, and using a timing which the enemy does not expect.

only for the ladies

Comment

You have the profanity trigger quite loose my friend Pern's answer was a personal attack against me, assuming I was complaining because of a lack of results, which has nothing to do with the discussion on the mechanics of the battlegrounds. Yet, it didn't address in any way the point I was trying to make. Attacking the messenger, not the message, right?
                        Are you trying to state your use of expletives weren't, in fact, expletives? Are you telling me if someone called your attitude akin to what you did, you wouldn't feel slighted? The words themselves might be low ranking on the 'cursing totem pole' - but when you use them to attack someone else, then they'll get noticed.

It's the same tired argument. Everyone wants honor and feels entitled to have it. Virtually no one plays defensive since it's "boring" and decides to cart whenever it suits him or her. You get what you put into it.

Comment

You are right in a way about my use of ******, but I stand by it for the reasons I stated above. Whoever you are, might you be a known forum user or a respected player or what else is new, you should get called on your ****** attitude toward others.

Comment

Originally posted by Pernilla View Post
                            In that situation, they start out much weaker than you as they throw themselves at you. You should be scouting folks via the Rankings button to know relatively where people are at and when they would start to be a problem. If that's the case, one suggestion is to take advantage of the time they are weak and kill them en masse, trying to max as much as you can for 10-15 minutes (they still need to respawn so building enough dryads will take a while), then leave the BG. Heck, might be a good time to use a double honor scroll too.

Figure out the sweet spot between honor you can gain from 10-15 minutes worth of fights before the bombers come after you and execute a tactical retreat out of there. Sometimes you may not need to or want to get Insignia/Honor rewards if your goal is honor accumulation in the safest manner.

Or make some Elite Warrior and lower friends who sac themselves against a dryad bomber so that you can feast the last 10-15 minutes as well.

Good players will always figure out a way to gain an advantage instead of QQ-ing. No matter what.

~Pernilla

Kong S-1
                            You make it sound like it's that easy. No it isn't just that easy. The honor loss system and the way people don't play BG the way it suppose to makes it dumb. Battlegrounds isn't about who can bully the most and make the person lose the most honor. It is about fighting everyone in battlegrounds and earning enough points to win. As well as rank up by doing that. Dryads is suppose to be an emergency buff so that when a bully keeps attacking you. You can eventually win. It isn't there so you can take advantage of it and go stalk other higher ranks and make them lose hundreds to thousands of honor. People who bully higher ranks or higher levels bullying lower lvls is just stupid and makes the battleground not enjoyable anymore. Things need to change otherwise it be just dumb to even play in anymore.
                            Last edited by Oxykotton; 03-18-2013, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KnowingEyes7 View Post
                              The problem with this is:

1) Everyone will see you "naked" and know what you're trying to accomplish.
                              2) A sacrificial lamb may be sent to wipe your Dryad's.

There are ways to defend against this.
                              People don't work together in battlegrounds. It's just a random group from various servers meshed together trying to get honor for themselves. It is possible you will end up fighting the wrong person once you got your dryads but it is abusing the system. I would go so far as to call it exploiting when players build dryads as that is not what the developers had in mind when implementing it but more of a tool to cut down on bullying and help the lowbies.

You want more honor, then earn your stripes, don't take this lazy route.

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
                                Battleground's system of dryad's blessings and the fact that you don't heal after each battle, combined with how you lose MUCH more honor than you gain from killing lower ranked people (who will eventually kill you due to dryad's and the fact that you don't heal after each battle without spending star points which can run out fast) is basically a ploy by the company to make people spend thousnads of real life $$$$ in order to reach VIP 9 (where there's no honor loss)

Even VIP 8 gives huge honor loss when losing to lower ranked people.
                                Nailed it. The CHinese style of pay to win games is all about trying to find every way the developers can to get players to spend more money.

Comment

Working...
                                X