Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

does archer's deep freeze work in bg after patch?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• does archer's deep freeze work in bg after patch?

havent tested this, but does deep freeze work in GA and BG now after 1.5 patch?

No clue, I've been fairly lucky and only ran into knights and other mages so far.

Yeah, he's SOOOOOOO romantic

Personal: Married to the most wonderful man in the world. Love you, Kit. Cara 'ch, 'm blaidd.

Honesty is an expensive gift, don't expect it from cheap people.

Demented children don't impress me.

Comment

Used it in GB recently, didn't seem to slow down the opponent at all.

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
        havent tested this, but does deep freeze work in ga and bg now after 1.5 patch?
        nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

ok thanks for confirmation guys.

Comment

Serious?? Why make things even more difficult for archers?

Comment

Quite a few archers still use it in certain situations though.

Comment

so far it only works in dungeons. It doesn't work on other players. I've used it many times in BG and solo arena and found that it doesn't slow the opponents at all. I could at least get a double attack in twice during the 2nd and 3rd turn of the DF b4 the patch, but it doesn't work at all now except in Dungeons.
                IGN: Athena
                Guild: Warriors
                Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                Class: Archer
                Difficulty Level: Noob
                BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

I can confirm positively that since the patch it does now work in Solo Arena at least.... I know u asked about GA and BG but thought you would like to know that at least it does work against players somewhere. Have also used it in GA some and while it doesn't seem as effective as in solo it does seem to make a small difference in GA as well. Far as BG goes I couldn't say as I no longer participate.

P.S. to the guy above me it didn't used to work in solo but if you havn't tryed it since patch ( and I don't think you have) give it a go it works great in solo now. I get 2 attacks to every one of my opponent for the duration of the effect.
                  Last edited by MrBogus; 03-24-2013, 05:51 AM.

Comment

It works on anything that's AI controlled. This includes foes in solo arena. It also includes YOU in PvE when you're using AFK mode, so don't use AFK mode against anything that freezes (like that eye boss in catacombs)

Comment

my guildie was asking about this today since it didn't seem to work for him in battlegrounds. Thanks for confirmation.

Comment

it works against the guardians.
                        ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by TiamatRoar View Post
                          It works on anything that's AI controlled. This includes foes in solo arena. It also includes YOU in PvE when you're using AFK mode, so don't use AFK mode against anything that freezes (like that eye boss in catacombs)
                          good to know. in this case, the ineffectiveness of deep freeze against human- controlled character should be considered a bug?
                          now it also makes sense why deep freeze works only on auto attacks against human-controlled character e.g in GA or BG (because auto-attacks are not initiated by human) but is ineffective against skills.

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
                            good to know. in this case, the ineffectiveness of deep freeze against human- controlled character should be considered a bug?
                            now it also makes sense why deep freeze works only on auto attacks against human-controlled character e.g in GA or BG (because auto-attacks are not initiated by human) but is ineffective against skills.
                            This is a very good thought...

Comment

Working...
                            X