People complaining about "stealing" ancient seeds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
    Waste of resources you say? Where do these 'wasted' resources go? They go into the growers 'pocket!' So, I don't see how you can call them wasted. The game puts out, say 100 'widgets' for a crop and individuals take some - say 30 by the time it's all over. The grower gets 70. It's still 100! there is NO gain by taking from someone else. In fact, someone down the line gets the honor of being shafted out of some of the goods he/she should be entitled to because they used the gold/balins to get the seeds.

And, the 'I helped keep your crops healthy' argument has no merit. Yes, others help keep the crops healthy, but they get compensated when they do - to a limit. But, I'm helping them keep their crops healthy as well. This exchange of help should be sufficient 'payment.'
    From the post you posted already suggested to me that you didnt know the amount of resources you can get back from the daily harvest attempts that are given to you.
    Thats why you didnt realize it is a waste of resoureces.
    Sorry, i should have notice that from your 1st post that there are players only calculate how much they lost but failed to find out how much they can gain from the daily harvest attempts.
    If i didnt finish my daily harvest attempts, i will consider it as an incomplete event.
    Because i know very well how much more i can gain.
    Last edited by NARTH; 04-13-2013, 08:03 AM.
    Serenity
    SteelLord
    Singapore

Comment

• "The zero-sum property (if one gains, another loses) means that any result of a zero-sum situation is Pareto optimal (generally, any game where all strategies are Pareto optimal is called a conflict game)."

Funny huh? You defenders of friendship, and sharing and "everyone will get the mount" are actually creating conflicts with your behaviour - taking off other Ancient Seeds/Plants.

Not that I really had to check anything up on that, the whole controversy around the event was clearly enough an indicator theres conflict created. But just think about it...you claim friendship and mutual support etc. The Math says: you make someone pay for your personal gain, thus create conflict.

And heres the catch : those of us who say "Im not taking off anyones crops. But I also dont want anyone else taking off my crops" are the ones....actually NOT creating conflict. We simply give no reason for conflict...unless we have to deal with greedy, selfish people who think they are entitled to harvesting off our farms and are adamant about us having to be ok with it.
      Last edited by Kastergir; 04-13-2013, 08:14 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
        "The zero-sum property (if one gains, another loses) means that any result of a zero-sum situation is Pareto optimal (generally, any game where all strategies are Pareto optimal is called a conflict game)."

Funny huh? You defenders of friendship, and sharing and "everyone will get the mount" are actually creating conflicts with your behaviour - taking off other Ancient Seeds/Plants.

Not that I really had to check anything up on that, the whole controversy around the event was clearly enough an indicator theres conflict created. But just think about it...you claim friendship and mutual support etc. The Math says: you make someone pay for your personal gain, thus create conflict.

And heres the catch : those of us who say "Im not taking off anyones crops. But I also dont want anyone else taking off my crops" are the ones....actually NOT creating conflict. We simply give no reason for conflict...unless we have to deal with greedy, selfish people who think they are entitled to harvesting off our farms and are adamant about us having to be ok with it.
        Is ok if you don't want others to touch your crops, you can just tell them off, and i think they will not hate you like what you hate them because you think they offender you by stealing from you as you just called them as selfish greedy players.
        Now mind you that these are the words that came from your post that will actually where the conflict and arguments begin.
        Last edited by NARTH; 04-13-2013, 08:30 AM.
        Serenity
        SteelLord
        Singapore

Comment

• Originally posted by NARTH View Post
          From the post you posted already suggested to me that you didnt know the amount of resources you can get back from the daily harvest attempts that are given to you.
          Thats why you didnt realize it is a waste of resoureces.
          Sorry, i should have notice that from your 1st post that there are players only calculate how much they lost but failed to find out how much they can gain from the daily harvest attempts.
          If i didnt finish my daily harvest attempts, i will consider it as an incomplete event.
          Because i know very well how much more i can gain.
          I used my 'take' option for the current special once - I got 1 spirit per plant. I've had people take from my spirit seeds - I loose 1 per person taking until they can't take any more. Where's this gain you keep talking about?????

Comment

• If people don't understand it's a zero-sum game, we don't need to explain further.

Again, this game rewards the most active players. Not everyone steals from your farm but if you use up all your harvesting attempts, you win. But at someone else's expense.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

• Originally posted by Kastergir View Post
              Except there will be cashers who will naturally have extra spirits at the end of the event, and then there are all the free players who will NEVER reach 2,000 without stealing...
              So are cashers selfish because they want to keep the ancient spirits to collect clothing/charms/gold/daru once they have the mount, should they not plant and allow others to steal from them?

Comment

• You dun lose 1 spirit per person, the players that took from you will only get 1 from every seed you planted, if you planted 9 seeds, he/she will get 1 from each seed with the total of 9 spirits, and the following person wun be able to take from you again from the same plants, so at the end of the day u still can get 12 spirits from each seed you planted.
                The duration was 12hrs for anceint seeds to grow. You can only plant twice a day. The max you can lose is only 18 spirits per day (btw i dun think u can get that much of seeds per day), guess how many harvest attempts you are given by the game everyday?
                Last edited by NARTH; 04-13-2013, 09:43 AM.
                Serenity
                SteelLord
                Singapore

Comment

• The game developers know very well that the ancent spirit is the most precious resoures ingame now beside the mount spirit.
                  That why they limited only per spirit lost from every seed a player planted, the seeds owner will still get back more then 90% per seed in order for them to complete the mount quest.
                  But in the other hands, they also need to consider that there are players that cant get enough seeds from the 2 daily events and allow them to harvest from other farms.
                  So please no need to whine about the stolen spirits, just keep and eye on your seeds and start calculate how many seeds or spirits you need to finish the damn quest.
                  Serenity
                  SteelLord
                  Singapore

Comment

• KhaleesiDaenerys: It's just a game.
                    I couldn't have said it better myself, but I can at least equal your statement:
                    It's. Just. A. Game-mame-mame-mame-mame-mame.

That being said (typed), time for vacation, Wartune isn't invited.
                    OMG, I'm committing a crime, leaving my computer, abandoning WT for 2 weeks. *slaps self* Psssh.

I'm sorry to be facetious, but seriously, unplug and get a grip, even free players are up in arms, cashers I can understand to an extent, but it's whatever.

/love
                    /later taters

Comment

• Originally posted by NARTH View Post
                      You dun lose 1 spirit per person, the players that took from you will only get 1 from every seed you planted, if you planted 9 seeds, he/she will get 1 from each seed with the total of 9 spirits, and the following person wun be able to take from you again from the same plants, so at the end of the day u still can get 12 spirits from each seed you planted.
                      The duration was 12hrs for anceint seeds to grow. You can only plant twice a day. The max you can lose is only 18 spirits per day (btw i dun think u can get that much of seeds per day), guess how many harvest attempts you are given by the game everyday?
                      I'm not sure where you got that information, but it's totally incorrect. I've looked on my 'Growth Record,' as it's called, and up to 4 people have taken from every plant. When that happens I LOOSE 4 crops from that plant - going from 13 to 9. Simple reading and math. There is a limit as to how many can take from you, but one isn't the number!

That said, I'd have to find up to 20 plants that are ripe just to get back what I lost (I have 5 plants at any time at the present time). And, that's not too likely, from my experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by Unified_Serenity View Post
                        Those people who are sending pm's accusing people of "stealing" their ancient seeds and being campers really need to rethink how this game works. In my estimation, you cannot get the max seeds by just planting your own from quests. You either buy them from the shop or your share with friends. They know very well that people are very excited about this event and these crops are being watched. I was waiting to pick my crops and as soon as they appeared I picked them and still 3 people beat me to it!

Some were real friends and others just gamers on my friend list. It is not worth it to get mad. I'd rather my real friends get them anyway than someone just on my friend list who I don't really play with.

All in all, I think the "YOU STOLE MY SEEDS" is very indicative of a truly selfish narrow closed minded and bitter spirit that can't see the fun in sharing and getting more in the long run if we all did it. Plus, I would bet that those same complainers take from other's crops all the time and thus are really hypocrites. Just my 2 cents worth.
                        Well they will delete you form your friend's list. I'm doing that for my purpose. And it is not selfish to Wan to have YOUR crops NOT STOLEN that YOU EARNED.
                        Game: Wartune
                        Server: 2 Edena Village
                        Class: Mage
                        Name: Mary Magdalene
                        Following the guide from Ginger and Creamy ^_^

Best troll ever ^_^

I'm Probably in the sky,
                        Flying with the fishes,
                        Or maybe in the Ocean,
                        swimming with the pigeons,
                        See my world is Different.

Comment

• lol realy u say its ok to steal special seeds just cus u cant get the amount needed for what u want lmfao too funny what if that person PURCHASED the seeds ur stealing if u cant get the amount needed for what YOU want to exchange them for YOU need to purchase them YOURSELF not steal from the ones who has but yet u cut down the cashers and wont blink an eye when stealing from cashers lmfao

Comment

• Originally posted by R24907107 View Post
                            Well, if the plants are virtual as you say - which they are, then the friends are virtual as well! Doesn't really matter if I delete them, or blacklist them. And, I've deleted over 10 'friends' already. BTW, I have absolutely no problem getting my tree energized!
                            You're probably a huge, self-centered D-bag which there is no law against, but the friends 'aren't' virtual (real people behind the keyboards) ... the plants are though .. Petty McPettinstein.

Comment

• Taking my ancient = insta delete. No hard feelings; it's just business. For every 10 seeds I lose, I have to pay 89 balens for it. Like you said, it's a zero sum game. I don't need your seeds, and I don't need you taking mine either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                                Taking my ancient = insta delete. No hard feelings; it's just business. For every 10 seeds I lose, I have to pay 89 balens for it. Like you said, it's a zero sum game. I don't need your seeds, and I don't need you taking mine either.
                                then why have the friends if they can't share in your crop? just delete everyone and play on your own if you're so concerned about your precious 'virtual' seeds .... d-bag.

Comment

Working...
                                X