Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Archer Talents Revisited

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Archer Talents Revisited

I am a level 64 archer. After leveling my HS to 5 I ended up getting Stealth, Scrutiny, Fury and Instinct. My HS is now 17 but still sucks as I'm being stunned all over the place in BG's. I find all my talents useful. I love the decreased CD on luni and the increased damage with BT giving me an opportunity at regening hp. But, these talents are pretty useless if I not able to use them due to being stunned.

So, if you were me would you just suck it up and continue to level HS or would you reset and drop a passive talent or two? Thanks in advance.

I am curious about the high level HS users... it makes sense to me to use a high level HS in the BG because dryad huggers are dead in the water against HLHS... the dryad skill is only useful if you can use your skills lol

I am level 61 and I will have one point to use soon.... I have HS 14, and fury, stealth, scrutiny 1...... I will continue to be a dungeon runner, so I will look at upping the passives after I hit hs15..... reseting is something I will consider later if I do return to BG / solo arena ( very unlikely )
    Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
    Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

My buddy is a level 65 and his is 20 +2. He said he is not stunned very often anymore if that helps answer your question a little. There's always a bigger dog so I'm sure there are guys with it much higher.

Comment

Originally posted by Kitwritten View Post
        I am curious about the high level HS users... it makes sense to me to use a high level HS in the BG because dryad huggers are dead in the water against HLHS... the dryad skill is only useful if you can use your skills lol

I am level 61 and I will have one point to use soon.... I have HS 14, and fury, stealth, scrutiny 1...... I will continue to be a dungeon runner, so I will look at upping the passives after I hit hs15..... reseting is something I will consider later if I do return to BG / solo arena ( very unlikely )
        If you don't have enough juice to take out a 'dryad hugger', all the HS in the world won't save you.

Comment

I'm a level 68 archer with HS rank 31 ... i also have Stealth, Instinct, Scrutiny and Fury at level 1.
          I spent time-exp and gold to develop my HS and other talent, gold that i could have put into astral and exp into leveling. Now HS is my openning weapon in battleground. It solves my HP management problem in BG but attrack a lot of flowery name calling lol.
          I still can't stun a lot of 70+ folks and even fail on a few in my BG bracket

I plan to continue to increase HS in alternance now with my other talent and yes, i plan in leveling also. Maybe i will level up Insight at some point, as incendiary shot is useful for temple and NM den.
          As for "dryad hugger", HS gives me a few extra shot to take them out but ultimately we need the fire power to compensate for their boosted stats ... i'm not bother by that as it's all part of the game
          ValKitteh - S1
          "The Town Hall is outside"

Comment

I found most archer talents to be useless. I've just been leveling and am now top level on my server. WHen the patch comes out I should be around level 76 and be able to do all the quests and new zones right away and get the 70+ gear faster then everyone else.

Fury - ok but how often do you use lunatic fire in a fight? Usually 1 use and you're left with just 1 opponent.
            Insight - ok but incendiary shot takes 60 rage. Unless you are in pve gear rage doesn't come fast enough to cast it more than once
            Potency - worthless. I never use armor piercer
            Enrage - worthless. Never use armor piercer
            Scrutiny - ok. Adds a little damage but not that much
            Retribution - worthless. I never use delphic death star
            Instint - worthless. Bloodthirsty is broken and doesn't heal enought to be worth using it. Most heals I've seen is 6k and I have 50k life.
            Steath - Great. This one is worth it but takes too much experience to get it to level 2

Comment

Fury - really good for group arena, able to cast 2 LF in 13-15 seconds deals the maximum damage to 3 opponents in GA.
              Insight - very good talent to have in necropolis and mp. with pve set becoming a norm, df + incen combo is simply awesome with insight talent.
              Potency - depends too much on luck. chance might be higher along with a higher talent level of this.
              Enrage - same as above.
              Scrutiny - worthless. buggy.
              Retribution - DDS is a great skill to use in guild battle. this talent just increase the chance of it crit-ing, which 5% is quite alot. reduction in cd is useless. almost never ever have a chance to cast DDS twice in a single battle.
              Instinct - not great but not totally worthless. one great use i see is in necropolis.
              Stealth - good.

Comment

Originally posted by shynnblu View Post
                Fury - really good for group arena, able to cast 2 LF in 13-15 seconds deals the maximum damage to 3 opponents in GA.
                Insight - very good talent to have in necropolis and mp. with pve set becoming a norm, df + incen combo is simply awesome with insight talent.
                Potency - depends too much on luck. chance might be higher along with a higher talent level of this.
                Enrage - same as above.
                Scrutiny - worthless. buggy.
                Retribution - DDS is a great skill to use in guild battle. this talent just increase the chance of it crit-ing, which 5% is quite alot. reduction in cd is useless. almost never ever have a chance to cast DDS twice in a single battle.
                Instinct - not great but not totally worthless. one great use i see is in necropolis.
                Stealth - good.
                Again, I think some of the talents are very useful only if you're not being stunned for 3 turns. Hence, why I was thinking about dropping a few for now so I can be more competitive in BG's.

Comment

Working...
                X