Tips to maximize getting ancient spirits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tips to maximize getting ancient spirits

Ok, let me give you some advice as to help lessen the chance of your crops being stolen (not 100% guarantee, but i think it helps):

- Plant your seeds "not" in a so obvious pattern... Like, plant the first seed on the upper left plot, then on the lower right plot, then on the center, then.... and so on... Create your random pattern in planting the seeds in different plants.. By this, you can confuse the thief in stealing your crops... they could end up stealing nothing at all... But be sure you remember how you planted your seeds, cause if you forgot, then this suggestion was wasted...

- Another thing is that you can have a 2-5 second time interval between planting each seed... Don't have a too much time interval, cause it will be noticed by an intelligent thief, and you will end up losing yours, instead of saving them from being stolen.. This is just an optional thing to do with the first suggestion.

I hope this helps... and I hope that instead of just whining there like most people do, it would be more beneficial if you found some solutions to prevent or lessen the chance of your crops being stolen...

Please share some ideas too, if you have, so players would be helped...
    If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
    -quoted from R.K.

The ultimate method is have no friends, a side account (or 40, and steal 5 from each), and possibly enough balens to buy as many as you want.
    Short of that, simply having reliable friends helps, or millions - !stealing 200 a day! > !losing as many as 54!*.
    The exclamation marks represent absolute value, because else it wouldn't make so much sense when written.
    Simpler representation: Stealing 200 a day, and losing 54 a day, results in an excess of 146 a day, which is clearly more than 0.

*9 crops/12 hours, or 18 crops/24 hours, and 3 stolen per crop = 18(crops)*3(steals) = 54 a day.

Not that it's relevant, but I disagree with the person you've quoted in your signature...

Comment

I removed all friends who aren't in my guild and I am not stealing anything from their farms. If they steal from me they get removed as friend.

The best tip you can provide is to plant one ancient seed and note the time it will take. Plan your harvest time for when you will be online and make sure you didn't do something foolish like start Campaign blitz or Spire/MD run
      Harvest as soon as you see your seeds finish!
      I actually plant regular crops in between ancient seeds and check to see who is stealing from me and then delete them as friend.

It's too much of a pain in the *** to try and have a bunch of friends and try to steal from them because you open yourself up for other players to steal from you.
      Sure you get some spirits but you can also lose a bunch....too much camping involved either way. I don't have time for that ****! Camp their farm/Camp your farm...in the end you get no sleep - SO WATCH YOUR BACK!

Comment

Originally posted by Muxa_Mage View Post
        Harvest as soon as you see your seeds finish!
        Lol.... I suggested my first suggestion, because, even though I have watched my plants to mature in the last minute (and literally not blinking my eyes), by the time i click it, 3 people have already stolen it... So it will be good if you scatter the order of your seeds in your plants so as to confuse them.

I wouldn't want to delete any friends from my friend's list...
        If you think you are smart, then you are at the height of your stupidity.
        -quoted from R.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Muxa_Mage View Post
          It's too much of a pain in the *** to try and have a bunch of friends and try to steal from them because you open yourself up for other players to steal from you.
          Sure you get some spirits but you can also lose a bunch....too much camping involved either way. I don't have time for that ****! Camp their farm/Camp your farm...in the end you get no sleep - SO WATCH YOUR BACK!
          Originally posted by Shadowscarred View Post
          Simpler representation: Stealing 200 a day, and losing 54 a day, results in an excess of 146 a day, which is clearly more than 0.
          *9 crops/12 hours, or 18 crops/24 hours, and 3 stolen per crop = 18(crops)*3(steals) = 54 a day.
          I don't advise staying up until 2AM to enforce this regime, just don't hold back - it's very unlikely that you'll lose more than you gain, and the principle is maximizing seed gain.
          Last edited by Shadowscarred; 04-12-2013, 09:25 AM. Reason: Grammatical correction.

Comment

If your friend is online and waiting to harvest, you should not take from your friend. I would PM my friend to check if he/she is afk, if he/she is online.

If your friend is offline, you can take. As if you do not take, others (especially the non-guildies) will grab them.

Comment

That was my approach - they can't complain if they're absent, and I'm fairly certain someone else will take them, first.
              The one person that was afk was really upset when I took from them, however. I'm still not sure why.

Comment

Working...
              X