Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Unfair DPS and critical damage of the Archers.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unfair DPS and critical damage of the Archers.

I have been playing the game for several months now. I am a mage and I am unhappy with the way the game has turned out. Every time I play an archer I find myself in a very high disadvantage. The archers critical attacks make them a much more powerful character. When you fight the World Boss the archers are always the top 10 attackers, with only one or two mages or knights in the mix, and when they barely make it they are usually low like 10th place. The archers overall do much more damage and it is unfair to classes like the mages. We are left as a simple support team. And it is rather unjust to have one class do so much more damage then the rest. The creators of wartunes should at least give mages a possible critical damage skill. I have leveled up my damage as high as possible and I use astrals, Im VIP, and I even bought balens for extra sockets when I promised myself I wouldn't.

Even when I have a MATK well above that PATK or MDEF of an archer I find myself getting annihilated by lower archers because of the critical damage they do.

If I wasn't already level 48 I would restart as an archer but now it is too late. Something needs to be done about the disparity of classes. Mages are not just support characters... in every other game I have ever played they did high damage too. But in this game I always find myself just trying to support everyone else. It sucks and something should be done about it.

I hope someone in wartunes reads this and makes a change. Its unfair to favor one class over another... straight discrimination.

Top 3 is allways the bigest spenders, and stop make new three about the World boss just write in a old threed.

So its become more easy to ingore all noobs some dosent spend 100% buff and full revive.

Its like that man need to play for have a chance for top 3 spots.
    Character - Taggen
    Server - S100 Goulpass Keep
    Class - Archer
    Battle Rating -2.4M BR
    Slyph - Orange Electro, Light, Dark
    Highest CW ranking - 26th

Comment

This game was fun PvP combat system but before all the recent updates, combat system broke down after the addition of talent and skill "holy seal", then added clothers, new mount, new troops, and the combat system has changed, it's not a game pvp, because it is dominated by archers...
      this game should balance in some way, or else be playing three months ago, and the way the game is played now...

Comment

the reason why MOST people are in the top ten, is because they spend money.... there is more archers than knights or mages... and because they use the critical hit
        there is nothing stopping the other classes using the critical hits with the WB, other than players do not want to play critical mages or knights....

most of the reason why people get annihilated, is because they attack based around their characters strengths and not the archers weaknesses....
        Dragon Pals and Shadowbound Mod and Basic tech support

R2 Serrin, My partner and fiancee, RIP 1971-2015
        Cha bhi fios aire math an tobair gus an trÃ*igh e.

Comment

Holy ***
          If you have problems with archers, then up your troops.
          At same BR, high-level troops are just a pain for archers, and a joke for mages. (And... well... just horrible for knights also)
          E314
          Armor Games - S2
          Lv 65
          FairyTail

Comment

If smething is OP on WB its cash mage with pve set and crit astros and crit set build... not an archer...

Comment

Originally posted by NashQQ View Post
              If smething is OP on WB its cash mage with pve set and crit astros and crit set build... not an archer...
              For the exact same $, the archer would outdamage the mage in wb
              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
              [No longer logging in]

Comment

Same discussion, as always.
                Equal $, equal time spent, archers will have better WB, but lose vs mages and knights in PVP.
                Nothing else to say but "learn to play", to everyone complaining.
                E314
                Armor Games - S2
                Lv 65
                FairyTail

Comment

Originally posted by e314159 View Post
                  Same discussion, as always.
                  Equal $, equal time spent, archers will have better WB, but lose vs mages and knights in PVP.
                  Nothing else to say but "learn to play", to everyone complaining.
                  yes the archer skills already gimped (lower base damage) to compensate for higher critrate. knights and mage skills are not so if they go crit they will outdamage archers. but short-midterm archers stronger in pvp and wb , long term belongs to knights and mages.
                  level 76 mage with 60 set and red astrals.

Comment

I play as knight, no VIP. I am developing very slowly - no level up before all buildings, troops (I use PA troops), all academy skills are the same level as me. I am also contributing a lot to learn strong guild skills. In PvP with the same levels I can usualy easy win (VIP also), only sometimes it is hard fight. But beat archers is easier for me. More unpleasent are mages for me. I thing that knights are in advantage against archers, archers against mages and mages against knights. If mages wants remove archers citical atack we knights want remove mages all enemies damage spells :-)

Comment

Mages are suppose to be weak against archers. They have low pdef and always in the back row. So if you find yourself dying too much against archers it isn't bc they are favoring archers more than any other class. It is bc you are not being strategic and taking on the class you have advantage over and that is knights. You should always be facing knights since knights have trouble against mages. Archers most of the time hit the back row so they will be hitting you a lot. If you want to have chance against archers then up your matk high and get you troops up high.

Make sure you can kill them before they kill you kind of thing. I still think it's dumb though that for some reason everyone wants to be the OP God in this game and only play one class to kill everyone. If that were the case then why would there be any other class? Might as well just have one class only and let it be OP and win against everything right? So in the end stay with your advantages not your weakness. If you are hard casher then this shouldn't be a problem for you since your weaknesses bc mute basically.

For your world boss issue. That is bc world boss is mainly for DPS only which sucks yes but that is how the game is made. It isn't impossible for knights or mages to be on top as I see plenty of knights and plenty of mages make top 10. Archers just have it much much easier since they are meant for that kind of stuff. They a re the DPS class of this game.

Comment

I use 1100 critical damage in runes+astral end +12% more critical damage ( total about 1250) , soo as a mage I am, i doo less critical strikes then a archer with 400 critical damage base !, I think the archers simply have a base +900 critical strike hidden in they gere or samwere else. They should just use critical gems or astrals like everyone. If I want block skill soo i use that astral or refine my items like every knight have to do for a better defense, right? Or maybe the critical strike is exclusiv archer skill, end the other classes they don´t came with the same package. ( excuse for ortography)

Comment

I am an archer and I see your side of this and I would like to point out this to you. I am a level 47 archer and when I seek a duel, I am getting mixed in with level 55 and up. The point I am making is that it is a double edged sword. I can't duel that often without really searching through the possible fights. That being said, I am acknowledging the great damage that an archer is capable of, however, most every mage I face is usually higher level than me and I lose to their troop advantages. Being so strong has pushed me through the ranks so fast that I haven't had time to save for gear or troops types of proper level..

Comment

in mine sv we have 1mage allway on top 1. because he spent money.

Comment

Hmm interesting thread but its the same thing as has been said before.

I would like to clarify that just raw DPS and crits against wb its not the archer that does the most damage. Its the knight. Round for round we'll do more damage a hit than an archer so long as the stats are comparable. The only difference that an archer has over a knight, in wb, is their animation is faster thus they will get 1-2 more rounds more in wb than a knight will. That's usually why they rate higher in wb than a knight will.

Most knights go with the WD build which is a very good build. For that reason they won't out dps an archer because an archer will crit and do more base damage than a knight. But give the knight a crit build and they can compete in WB very well.
                              Yitien:

Class: Assassin lvl 78
                              BR: 67K
                              Server: Qianfo Hall

Comment

Working...
                              X