Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pro Mages out there, I need your advice (skills/astrals/troops/specialization)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Pro Mages out there, I need your advice (skills/astrals/troops/specialization)

    Hello professional Mages! I just want to have a few questions regarding the suitable SKILLS, ASTRALS and SPECIALIZATIONS for a lvl 60+ Mage. I am still lvl 59 but I'm almost there so having a knowledge earlier is better. Here's my few questions:

    1) Are my leg 40 rings still suitable at lvl 60? (ss #1)
    2) Which is the best astral I must use for lvl 60 slot? (ss #3)
    3) Which is better for a supplement defense: lvl 5 Block or lvl 5 Illusion astral? (ss #3)
    4) Where should I put my next skill point/s for both of my skill tree? What should I maximize? (ss #4-5)
    5) I currently have a lvl 56 Templars and a lvl 2 PDEF Enlightenment, which should I maxed first: Troops/Enlightenment?
    6) I am a Destroyer Mage, should I switch to Crit Mage at lv 60? If not, when is the right time to do that? (ss #3)

    That's my questions for now. I hope you can give me the PROS & CONS for each and every questions. Thanks in advance! Below is the screenshot of my hero at lvl 59, unpotted.

    Click image for larger version

Name:	w68.png
Views:	1
Size:	317.6 KB
ID:	1736056Click image for larger version

Name:	w64.png
Views:	1
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	1736052Click image for larger version

Name:	w65.png
Views:	1
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	1736053Click image for larger version

Name:	w66.png
Views:	1
Size:	363.7 KB
ID:	1736054Click image for larger version

Name:	w67.png
Views:	1
Size:	374.5 KB
ID:	1736055
    Last edited by AllyMae; 05-04-2013, 09:27 PM. Reason: Organizing the Images

  • #2
    My opinion;

    1) I used Lv 40 rings at lv 60+, eventually I changed them to lv 60 rings when I had everything else covered

    2) & 3) Probably Block, I personally I'd use +HP for PVP

    4) DPS Build - Remove Damnation, Aim for maxed out Thunderer. Generally 2 AoEs is enough and Damnation kinda does low damage. - So you can start with Thunderer at world boss.
    Heal Build - Rain of Fire

    5) I'd max out troops to level 59 with you, and change the enlightenment to +matk (It converts its patk into matk for you)

    6) As for crit mage, I'd aim for a PVE set then do it. Having the extra slot for socketing gems makes it easier to work with without giving up too much. Although you should have a snipers and determination astral for World Boss ^^

    Comment


    • #3
      Heal bulit = heal bulit , rof is waste of skill points, meteor not- must have for puri and BL...
      If we talk about pvp tree... Yea thunder - must have skill
      But you are wrong - matk transfer dont work with patk troop... So better is def or hp
      About crit mage...you must 4 that rafine all your stuffs, upgrate sniper & determination astral & collect a few crit games... In my option, crit mage without pve legend set is bad mage becouse you dont have enaught crit & you must waste other stuffs like mdef or hp - ya , you need pdef...

      _________


      Crit Mage 80v
      ~135k Br


      _________


      Comment


      • #4
        mAtt transfer does work, I looked at mt mAtt before I swapped enlightenment and my mAtt went up
        Blizzarea
        S147
        Epic

        ~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
          Heal bulit = heal bulit , rof is waste of skill points, meteor not- must have for puri and BL...
          If we talk about pvp tree... Yea thunder - must have skill
          But you are wrong - matk transfer dont work with patk troop... So better is def or hp
          About crit mage...you must 4 that rafine all your stuffs, upgrate sniper & determination astral & collect a few crit games... In my option, crit mage without pve legend set is bad mage becouse you dont have enaught crit & you must waste other stuffs like mdef or hp - ya , you need pdef...
          1. Matk Enlightenment DOES work, try it.
          2. She has maxed heals/puri etc. Might as well work on Rain of Fire so at 68 she can use RoF instead of Meteor for cheaper rage consumption.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
            1. Matk Enlightenment DOES work, try it.
            2. She has maxed heals/puri etc. Might as well work on Rain of Fire so at 68 she can use RoF instead of Meteor for cheaper rage consumption.
            My main char is archer, but when i use matk transfer on second mage acc, i dont see diferance... maybe my bad...
            About rof, in that future point - you have right but i dont see place on heal skill bar 4 rof... Beter is in my option damnation ,what bost dmg - but still dont se free place on skill bar problem with heal tree is that, you need resto puri sunt and bl...and ofc lighting for rage bulid, you can put free points in whatever you want after full support, but you dont use it oh... I think i say enaugt, breakfast time

            _________


            Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br


            _________


            Comment


            • #7
              I agree, scrap damnation. At higher levels its kinda useless since it doesnt take into account ur matk.
              For your heal built, get rof instead of meteor, and try to get lvl 2 thunderer.

              For your attack built, max thunderer. Delfic thunder frenzy is a LOT of fun during GB btw, if your guild does it

              Those lvl 40 legendary arent bad. Hold on to those until you have gotten everything else, like 60 pve. Then swap em for lvl 60 trinkets.

              Get your troops to your level, then u can play with enlightenment, I would go for pdef, since you seem to be a bit short on that side.

              You CAN play with the thought of becoming a crit mage, but you need to think about that. It requires two astral spots, u might want to refine your (lvl 60 pve) gear etcetc. Im at level 70 now, and I think crit mage might be the way to go. But I would really wait a bit, until you have one more astral lot.

              I would rather go for block than illusion since it doesnt seem to work that well anymore, but who knows what happens after the next patch.

              But generally speaking, it doesnt seem like you need a lot of advice, for lvl 59 Its a very good mage u got there

              Comment


              • #8
                @OP
                1: Use 40 rings, for now, rings are low prio... all it does is a few more hp, so getting 60 rings=small gain+immense crypt token cost... Focus on getting everything else first (meaning: get all catacomb stuffs you could possibly need for other 60 stuffs first)
                2: For astral: I would say Block or HP, because you could use with a hp boost... all other stats are fine.
                5: Troops>enlighten
                4: DD tree: Get thunderer, it is great for wb(use it as a starting skill) Heal tree: I would get damnation, some dungeons doesn't require purify, using damn is a helpful speed boost to your party at that time(since you wont need pur anyway at that dungeon)
                6: I would not, crit mage is a class cannon... even worse with pvp set, cuz no extra slot or extra def. As an example of how crit mage failed: a 55k br crit mage lost against a 45k will mage (same builds, crit just sucked)
                When you hit 70 and get an extra astral slot... maaaaaaybe, also needs pve set so you dont have to take away a gem:P
                Last edited by krackenker; 05-05-2013, 07:41 AM.

                Comment


                • #9
                  I'm not saying im the best mage out there, but maybe it'll help^^
                  (It's all based on personal opinions)
                  Stay with 40 rings I would say, (crypt tokens can be used for so many other things!)and it cost hella lot for other stuffs >_>

                  Block, Illusion or hp. Preferably block or hp

                  Enlighten if you'll use it make Magic dmg on it.

                  for the dd tree, like most say thunderer it helps on wbs. And damnation can be good in heal tree, for example Spire (I haven't seen anything that needs purify as of yet, maybe just our bad team tho)

                  Crit mage, i heard some talking about crit mage with pve set? yey! you now have 1 more extra gem slot, and crit gems! NOPE! Instead just fill out the gear with Matt,Mdef,Pdef&Hp... It'll be better overall defensivly
                  A crit mage need to crit every 2nd turn to counter a lvl 5 EWD. (NOT TAKING IN DETERMINATION IN ACCOUNT) and when i face crit peoples... well they crit like 1 out 5 hits, AT BEST... Even with a determination, here you're still pretty much outgunned by far if you crit 1 out of -> 150%+30% dmg in 1 out of 5 turns, compared to 130% every turn. (hope im not wrong on how determination work here, is it added 30% dmg or is it dmg *1,3 ?
                  S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                  Mage: Existence (G.M)
                  BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                    I'm not saying im the best mage out there, but maybe it'll help^^
                    (It's all based on personal opinions)
                    Stay with 40 rings I would say, (crypt tokens can be used for so many other things!)and it cost hella lot for other stuffs >_>

                    Block, Illusion or hp. Preferably block or hp

                    Enlighten if you'll use it make Magic dmg on it.

                    for the dd tree, like most say thunderer it helps on wbs. And damnation can be good in heal tree, for example Spire (I haven't seen anything that needs purify as of yet, maybe just our bad team tho)

                    Crit mage, i heard some talking about crit mage with pve set? yey! you now have 1 more extra gem slot, and crit gems! NOPE! Instead just fill out the gear with Matt,Mdef,Pdef&Hp... It'll be better overall defensivly
                    A crit mage need to crit every 2nd turn to counter a lvl 5 EWD. (NOT TAKING IN DETERMINATION IN ACCOUNT) and when i face crit peoples... well they crit like 1 out 5 hits, AT BEST... Even with a determination, here you're still pretty much outgunned by far if you crit 1 out of -> 150%+30% dmg in 1 out of 5 turns, compared to 130% every turn. (hope im not wrong on how determination work here, is it added 30% dmg or is it dmg *1,3 ?
                    Crit= 1(1.5+X) where X is determination, i might be wrong... but I dont think so, personal and others testing result. (this means a normal crit deals 150% dmg, with 30% determination, that crit becomes 180% of a normal hit)

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thank you guys, special mention: ElusionM, Serxes007, krackenker and Smoldering. Almost all of you mentioned the same things. Now I know what track am I going to once I reached lvl 60.

                      COnclusion:
                      1) I will still use my leg 40 rings until I have enough tokens to buy the 60 rings. (I already have the Darknight Steed.)
                      2-3) I will use Block astral for lvl 60 slot and could also swap HP if needed.
                      4) I will reset my DPS tree to max the Thunderer instead of Damnation. As for Healing tree, I will max RoF. (Where will I put the next skill point/s once I maxed Thunderer?)
                      5) Troops first and I will soon swap my PDEF to MATK once I got it. (I never got it so I used PDEF for the meantime.)
                      6) I will stay as a Destroyer until I got my full PVE set. (What PVE set: 50/60? Though, i'm not sure if i could complete it at the right time. I am just a light casher.)

                      A lot of thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        50lvl have nice stats,faster collect & upgrade to legend but 60 ofc if you have sources & time will be much better...
                        After max thunderer in my option delphic thunder franzy or something like that xD is a nice option...
                        Thats all from me, you are smart enaught:P

                        _________


                        Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br


                        _________


                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Should be able to obtain around 40-50 keys a week, start saving em up and using em for Summoner.
                          50 is kinda essential to beating 65 MP. Especially nightmare, Not possible for our team without the PVE sets (Infact, we're the only team capable of beating it on normal cause we have PVE sets). I'd probably go for 60 set, unless you have a high amount of crystaloids, then just buy legend stones from guild shop. If you don't have many crystaloids, maybe save what you have, synth to lv 5 crystaloids,and farm Moonevil Den and buy Level 60 legend stones from shop

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by ElusionM View Post
                            Should be able to obtain around 40-50 keys a week, start saving em up and using em for Summoner.
                            50 is kinda essential to beating 65 MP. Especially nightmare, Not possible for our team without the PVE sets (Infact, we're the only team capable of beating it on normal cause we have PVE sets). I'd probably go for 60 set, unless you have a high amount of crystaloids, then just buy legend stones from guild shop. If you don't have many crystaloids, maybe save what you have, synth to lv 5 crystaloids,and farm Moonevil Den and buy Level 60 legend stones from shop

                            Ok thanks. I just found out that I must reached lvl 66 just to max Thunderer. It will be a hard work.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              damnation is a pve skill.. well, for lower levels its a strong pvp.. at 60+ mostly its for pve

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X