X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nightshade vs Frost Lynx WTH happened

Hello guys,

So I finally got a chance to see nightshade in gameplay and wow, I couldn't be more disappointed. It looks like that scrawny black cat from halloween lingering around your neighbor's garbage cans, meowing for milk. Seriously though, I really expected this thing to look badass, like battle cat from those good ole HE-Man days. Given the great concept work shown in the stables, a lot of other ppl were thinking the same. Something obviously got lost in final execution. But then again, the same thing happened to the luxury jaguar. That thing looks more like Garfield...."mmm, lasagna."

The frost lynx in comparison is a beast. Really good final product; looks just like it does in the stables IMHO. Another really well done mount, imo, is the underworld steed. Kudos Wartune! If the developers are reading this, take nightshade back to the animators and please ask for a redo...

Other players can feel free to chime in...these are solely my opinions and not intended to represent everyone else. Have a great day everyone!

Click image for larger version

Name:	Nightshade.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	24.7 KB
ID:	1736484 Click image for larger version

Name:	frost lynx.png
Size:	52.1 KB
ID:	1736485

they fixed the graphics on the nightshades about 2 weeks ago. it looks just the like frost lynx not sure what you are talking about.

Name:	frost.png
Size:	175.9 KB
ID:	1669724

Name:	ngiht.png
Size:	175.3 KB
ID:	1669725

Edit:

They also fixed Jag too

Name:	jag.png
Size:	160.4 KB
ID:	1669726
    Last edited by bleedingxorange; 06-02-2013, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip_Van_Winkle View Post
      Hello guys,

So I finally got a chance to see nightshade in gameplay and wow, I couldn't be more disappointed. It looks like that scrawny black cat from halloween lingering around your neighbor's garbage cans, meowing for milk. Seriously though, I really expected this thing to look badass, like battle cat from those good ole HE-Man days. Given the great concept work shown in the stables, a lot of other ppl were thinking the same. Something obviously got lost in final execution. But then again, the same thing happened to the luxury jaguar. That thing looks more like Garfield...."mmm, lasagna."

The frost lynx in comparison is a beast. Really good final product; looks just like it does in the stables IMHO. Another really well done mount, imo, is the underworld steed. Kudos Wartune! If the developers are reading this, take nightshade back to the animators and please ask for a redo...

Other players can feel free to chime in...these are solely my opinions and not intended to represent everyone else. Have a great day everyone!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42814[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]42815[/ATTACH]
      So you do not like what they look like?
      They don;t waste your money if you no like -_-!
      ♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪♪┏(・o・)┛♪┗ ( ・o・) ┓♪

Game:Broken Realm
      IGN: Mary Magdalene
      Class: Mage
      LVL: 44
      BR: 1194
      Full level 40 epic set

Comment

Originally posted by MaryMagdalene View Post
        So you do not like what they look like?
        They don;t waste your money if you no like -_-!
        Yeah... I love my black cat

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

[QUOTE=bleedingxorange;555615]they fixed the graphics on the nightshades about 2 weeks ago. it looks just the like frost lynx not sure what you are talking about.

So they did acknowledge and fix the problem....Doesn't look like that on my server unfortunately so maybe Kabam's behind in that update.
          Last edited by Rip_Van_Winkle; 06-02-2013, 12:11 PM.

Comment

You need to use Ccleaner and restart your browser. It work for me.

Comment

Just running Ccleaner didn't work for me. I had to clear the flash from inside the game, and then they showed up properly. Might want to try that as well.

Comment

I and many ppl from r2 servers have armor on cats, clean browser and flash player

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
                  Just running Ccleaner didn't work for me. I had to clear the flash from inside the game, and then they showed up properly. Might want to try that as well.
                  Awesome! Thx for the info. I'll try those suggestions.

Comment

It;s simple.... u got the nightshade without paying the money and you got frost lynx for balens so the nightshade skin is a big "FU this is all u get" for the non cashers

Comment

Originally posted by kattuktk View Post
                      It;s simple.... u got the nightshade without paying the money and you got frost lynx for balens so the nightshade skin is a big "FU this is all u get" for the non cashers
                      I don't understand why would you say that. I have it for free with proper armor and looks:

As for me, I used cleared-cached firefox and chrome and the black kitteh (which I love very much) showed properly. With safari though (for safari users), even if I cleared cache it will not show this good. It is a very good thing that R2 fixed this when someone reported it.
                      Last edited by rheasteer; 06-03-2013, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Update: Initially NS wasn't displaying armor, making it look quite feral. Since then, I've finally gotten the black kitty to show in its true splendor.

What I did: I upgraded to the current version of Chrome that uses pepper flash; showed perfect on first try. Mozilla took a bit more effort, having to upgrade flash, clear the cache, AND all cookies...Nightshade now looks awesome. Thx to all for their input & suggestions.

Comment

Working...
                        X