Effective Crit

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Effective Crit

About how much crit is needed to start hitting a decent amount? Is there a number that if you can't get past, it's not worth it? I'm a knight about to hit lvl 70 and get my next astral slot so I was wondering if it's a good idea to swap EWD out for crit and determination astrals or not. Will a lvl 5 determination,red crit astral (1440 crit I think) and crit refined in every piece of gear enough to outdamage a lvl 7 EWD?

I wouldn't go for crit if you can't get 6k+ ...
    At this point in the game, WD mages still dominate... that will eventually though. But not now
    ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
    Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
    My pathetic youtube channel
    -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Redoga knows his business (and I don't have a knight so don't listen to me) but I think that about 2k crit is enough to significantly outdamage EWD on the WB. Against players, on the other hand... I'd make sure I've got the Imperial commander rank, some refines and a level 7 red crit astral before even beginning to think about it. Also, a significant downside of the crit build is: even if you get it, it should be worth 2 astrals, not one (and the only place where you can focus solely on damage is the WB).

If you really can't decide, get a lvl 5-6 yellow or red crit astral and a determination (don't buy them with star points) and try them out on the WB. If you don't like them, use them to upgrade your other astrals. Many knights and mages I know have a second set of astrals like that.

Comment

I'm definitely using crit for WB due to the increased rate, but it doesn't seem to be too viable in pvp with what I can get from the look of it. Thank you for your input

Comment

I found as a new toon though it was better to level up my crit and determ first, that way I got more gold from WB, then when my gold was flooding in I switched to WD and Goddess which were easier to level (mage here)
          Blizzarea
          S147
          Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
            I found as a new toon though it was better to level up my crit and determ first, that way I got more gold from WB, then when my gold was flooding in I switched to WD and Goddess which were easier to level (mage here)
            I miss your crit bulid and 40k thunderers xD

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
              I miss your crit bulid and 40k thunderers xD
              Did that to some poor sod in GB who tried to stop me hitting ward, one hit k.o ^^
              Blizzarea
              S147
              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

Originally posted by PunkPetal View Post
                Did that to some poor sod in GB who tried to stop me hitting ward, one hit k.o ^^
                Haha xD you dont drink yesterday xD?

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Working...
                X