Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Name change after server merge!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Name change after server merge!

I would like to propose that R2 develop a method/system, etc. so that once a name is entered, it cannot be duplicated by anyone on any server. Example: Person chooses Vermillion as his/her characters name on 1 server, unknown to them that name has been already used. When those 2 servers merge one of the 2 Vermillions has to rename themselves. R2 should make it so that once a name is used, that it cannot be used again no matter what server you choose to play on. Have a pop up message that says player name already found, etc, and make you choose another. This way when server merges happen, someone doesn't have to change their name, or spend $$$ on balens to change it should they make a mistake in the new name selection.

Then, it would take people at least 10 minutes everytime they want a new character. Also, when you use the Name Change Card, it would take at least another 10 minutes. You might even end up with a new you absolutely don't want, just because all the ones you wanted are already in use.
    The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

It could still be done!

Comment

There was a suggestion that they put Server number in front or after the nick. I guess that's a better solution. However, I think it is always best if R2 allows the player to change their nick whenever there is a merge. Some players might wanna differentiate between others.... if there is someone with the same nick.

Comment

Originally posted by Ketis View Post
          It could still be done!
          Alrighty then!

Oh and btw, if I ever have to change my IGN, it'll be 'SarcasticB*tch'
          The Last Remnant OSTs Go!!!

{OuO**

Comment

Working...
          X