Formation bonuses

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Formation bonuses

As a game calling itself a strategy game wartune's pretty light on strategic options or choices. A good way to expand this would be to add bonuses to troops for certain formation deployments ranging from stat bonuses for more basic troops to upgraded versions of their skill attacks for more advanced troops.

For example:
    Lancer:if placed in front row gains a movement speed bonus.

Hunter:If placed in back row critical chance increased 25%

Paladin: If placed in front row gains 25% increased defenses

Priest:If placed in back row recovers hp equal to highest damage dealt by refraction

Gryphon: If placed in front row gains attack power based on the amount of health it's missing. If placed in back row deals extra damage based on it's remaining hp.

Knight: If placed in front row charge activation rate increased by 10% and has a 15% chance to inflict slow

Angel: If deployed in back row increases the odds of casting recovery by 15% and has a 10% chance to provide a 10% damage resistance buff.

Templar:When placed in front adds a chance to deal an additional 250 defense ignoring damage when attacking.

Warlock:If deployed in back row dark pulse also heals allies for 25% of the damage dealt.

the idea is to encourage tactical usage of troops instead of them almost always being front row fodder and possibly even encourage a little more variety in troop choice.

It's not a bad idea for a more tactical approach to the game, but I think this idea is only good on paper. The main reason is that there isn't a big variety in troop used. The lvl 40 and below troops don't really get used that long to begin with, and most people goes with templars when they hit lvl 50. Even at lvl 40, most people would choose Knights over Angels.

Comment

Originally posted by R27402931 View Post
      It's not a bad idea for a more tactical approach to the game, but I think this idea is only good on paper. The main reason is that there isn't a big variety in troop used. The lvl 40 and below troops don't really get used that long to begin with, and most people goes with templars when they hit lvl 50. Even at lvl 40, most people would choose Knights over Angels.
      actually knights get angels,archers and mages get knights so wouldnt really say most people get knights....

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
        actually knights get angels,archers and mages get knights so wouldnt really say most people get knights....
        In theory, knights get angels, but I don't think that's what happening. Maybe my server is just different, but I only saw a few knights using angels. As a knight myself, I preferred knight troop over angels for consistency. They don't seem to heal the player well enough and WB gains will suffer greatly as well.

Comment

Makes this suggestion combined with:

Convert System for troop's appearance & skills
          http://forum.r2games.com/showthread....nce-amp-skills

There you go, Troop customization.

Comment

There would need to be bonuses for both front and back for each troop type, or it wouldn't change the strategy at all.

Right now 99% of people already have Lancers, Palys, Gryphs, Knights and templars in front and the others in back so adding bonuses to those spaces wouldn't make people arrange them any different. Add a really solid bonus to having templars in back and then you get more strategy

Comment

Working...
            X