Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Guild Battle Help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guild Battle Help

So we fought the top guild on the server and we maintained all four towers throughout the night. We occasionally lost a tower or two but quickly regained them back. When the opposing guild did claim a tower they would abandon the tower(s) and proceeded to hit our ward. Those defending our towers decided to leave one person and then we all attacked their ward. Those that weren't defending were hitting their ward. This strat has happened twice this week and we lost big time. We would see a score difference of 75-100 in the other guilds favor and I don't understand how or why even with all four towers occupied and us hitting their ward. Can anyone come up with an explanation and/or a strat that would help us win? Granted we only have 30 players to their 40.

Thanks!

Did the other guild win by points or kill your ward tower ?
    EARWAX .. . .... .. ... ...

Comment

all guild battle points you get add up and deal damage to the enemy ward. points from towers, from hitting ward and from fighting enemy players.. you get more points for hitting ward than you do for fighting the other players.. but they also get less points fighting you than hitting your ward.. if you can catch the enemy players before they can get to your ward,, even keeping them busy for 2 mins means they have 2 mins less at dealing high damage to your ward.. for instance i deal 500k in battle points to the ward.. so 50 points.. if i get in a fight i get maybe 30k damage points.. so 3 points.. i avoid fights if i can, and rush to ward.
      holding towers gives a big bonus.. but while you had 4 guys per tower defending in the early part of the match. they where just standing around... while the enemy guys where going for your ward.. dealing high damage im guessing. im also guessing the people defending the towers where the "power" players of your guild.. the top guys,, the ones who deal the most damage.

i cant give a foolproof strategy to win your gb.. just ideas you can put into play,, my best advice would be deal more damage than the enemy guys,, while stopping them from dealing damage themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by JPC73301 View Post
        So we fought the top guild on the server and we maintained all four towers throughout the night. We occasionally lost a tower or two but quickly regained them back. When the opposing guild did claim a tower they would abandon the tower(s) and proceeded to hit our ward. Those defending our towers decided to leave one person and then we all attacked their ward. Those that weren't defending were hitting their ward. This strat has happened twice this week and we lost big time. We would see a score difference of 75-100 in the other guilds favor and I don't understand how or why even with all four towers occupied and us hitting their ward. Can anyone come up with an explanation and/or a strat that would help us win? Granted we only have 30 players to their 40.

Thanks!
        sorry i didn't read previous replies but I can say that guild battles have one big problem:
        at high levels there is no point in capturing towers at all - it usually comes to who kill ward tower faster, in our guild battle it usually takes about 25 minutes
        so all the fights are basically "ignore towers, kill the ward"
        Character : Lergos
        Server : 592/596

Comment

Zerg rush to Ward. chariot each time it's possible (only if noone can kill it)
          it's true most GB aren't fun as soon as attacking Ward is more worthy than protecting tower.

but for what i read, there could be a modification who give a attack bonus to alliance who can get the most tower (chinese patch 2.2 ?)
          RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
          Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

At my server, the top 2 guilds almost always finished their GB under 20 minutes by zerg rushing to enemy's ward. the only instances it drags to 25-30 minutes is at the finals when they fought each others. And they both claimed that they never in full capacity at GB, usually only 40-ish people joined the battle.

Comment

Thanks for the replies everyone. They definitely have higher BR players and our top players were guarding the towers until the end. Guess the next logical strat is to zerg their ward. Our main problem is not having enough bodies. All our top players are on but still not enough.

Comment

some alliance also use their knight to protect the Ward. Knight are generaly the class they die the slowest and do the less damages on ward.
                so their job is to intercept the biggest BR before they can attack the ward : either they can kill them or at least they will slow them.
                with GB PvP lag, it can be very effective.
                RETIRED. Too much bugs, too time consuming, too few listening from Wartune
                Wartune : NonoBoulot : S181 : Archer

Comment

Working...
                X