BattleGround Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BattleGround Idea

So after playing awhile on my alt in bgs they way the brackets are now, seems to me less fair then it was before.

Let me explain

Before it was

30-39
    40-49
    50-59
    60-69
    70-80

Now the only problem I saw with that bracket was people staying at the top level of their bracket to build up there character and farm honor, which every now and again was annoying to fight but could deal with.

So they changed the brackets to this now..

30-39
    35-44 (advantage mounts and astral)
    40-49
    45-54 (advantage templars, astral, holy seal)
    50-59
    55-64 (Advantage astral)
    60-69
    65-74 (advantage Astral)
    70-80

The problem with this is now and how I think it made it worse is because now people can sit at their top bracket level and build up their charcter to farm honor but also have the advantage of mounts, templars, holy seal & extra astral. Which now gives people even a bigger advantage.

What should be done is go back to the old bracket and put a cap on honor at the end of each bracket level, 39, 49, 59, so people will be forced to level and not sit in a battleground building up br to farm honor and also have the additional advantage of mounts, holy seal, astrals & templars.

Then after level 59 remove the cap and at 60 you can farm as much as you want. There is to big a gap in pvp br and addtional advantages you can use the way the brackets are now. I understand it's a pay 2 win game and if you spend a ton of money then you should have advantages, but some of this stuff no one can even control like holy seal , mounts, templars & Astrals because it's base on what level you are.

So I think it should go back the way it was with a cap on honor from 59 and below to negate people sitting at a certain level for months to have an advantage over people who just hit that bracket.

Post your thoughts and opinion,s I know alot of people won't agree but you have to look at all aspects of the game not just yourself. While there will never be pvp balance to everyones liking in this game, Working toward a fair balance would be nice.

(Please Post Pros and Cons and be respectful, no need to fight or troll or call people names, just your idea of why it would or wouldn't work)
    Last edited by Tehlawlfirm; 08-10-2013, 05:44 PM.

A big flaw in the old brackets is the pvp set advantage. IMO, bracket by level will never be anywhere close to being fair, especially if there is a 10 lvl gap. There isn't a way to make BG completely fair, but I think brackets by BR would be better since it matches people by strength and limits the "unfair" factors like astral, mount, etc.

But wait, it would be unfair for a lvl 39 to fight a similar BR lvl 45 due to astral, pvp set, and mount advantage. That lvl 45 actually only have an advantage in the extra -def on pvp set since similar BR usually mean similar stats assuming neither have bad build. You can say that the extra astral slot can be used for something like will destroyer or others that don't increase BR, but you can see the point I'm making.

Comment

bg can never be completely fair, once someone get skilled alot they complain how unfair it is

Comment

PvP Scaling fixes everything

Many action MMO have this, where the Stats of all players are scaled to a more balanced field.

Too bad Wartune can't do this because it's a P2W game... cause if they "balance" anything, cashers would complain.

Comment

Originally posted by R27402931 View Post
          A big flaw in the old brackets is the pvp set advantage. IMO, bracket by level will never be anywhere close to being fair, especially if there is a 10 lvl gap. There isn't a way to make BG completely fair, but I think brackets by BR would be better since it matches people by strength and limits the "unfair" factors like astral, mount, etc.

But wait, it would be unfair for a lvl 39 to fight a similar BR lvl 45 due to astral, pvp set, and mount advantage. That lvl 45 actually only have an advantage in the extra -def on pvp set since similar BR usually mean similar stats assuming neither have bad build. You can say that the extra astral slot can be used for something like will destroyer or others that don't increase BR, but you can see the point I'm making.
          We'll what I'm saying is either way the armor sets are gonna be an advantage rather in the bracket system the way it is now, or the way it was before. That never changed, what did change is the fact that people can get mounts , astrals, holy seal, templars etc.. on top of the armor set thats higher.. so really all this new bracket did is give higher ups even more advantage over lower levels.

Comment

I think caps on stuff balances pvp, thats how it is done in other mmos but there doesnt really seem to be a realistic cap for anything in ths game except for holy seal and even at higher levels people can have a huge lead or gap on you. If like you said it was based on br & level then it would be more fair, but as long as you can have someone the same level as you with like 15k br more or higher, that will never change which sucks. I do think the the orignal bracket system was better then the one they have now , all they had to do is add a cap on honor to keep people from staying at the top level bracket for months.

Comment

Working...
            X