Regarding Event [Spire & Tower of kings]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post
    EDIT: Basing this on actual related experience, since I'm on Zebq's server. There are people (leeches) who join that guild just for the level 10 Altar, level 10 Shop. level 10 Tower, and the rewards for consistently taking 1st in GB. It gets you more whips (more BR), more soul crystals (more BR), more gold to pump astrals (more BR) / buy shop mount (more BR) / pump guild skills (more BR), more wheel spins (more chances for whips, soul crystals, socketing rods = more BR). People go where they can get more rewards in less time and with less effort. Unlimited, unrestricted Spire runs add even more incentive to flock to power.
    The level 10 guild stuff and 1st in GB benefit the guild without causing more effort for cashers.

Allowing ppl to do spire and tok without rewards gives higher people in the slightly lower guilds a chance to help their guildies and friends. It diffuses the power structure as the benefits are not tied to guild power but to player power. As in, friends who went to higher guilds can still help others if they want to.

If there are people in your guild that are only leechers that's the responsibility of your G.M and officers. Period. More than likely the leadership wants people to flock in regardless of their intentions as they can't predict who will become a mega-casher once they're hooked.

Opening it up like mpd's means that people can peddle in personality and relationships regardless of guild strength or balens.

Comment

Good news tho we didn't meet the goal still. But we got a step ahead I got their message saying that :

"Thank you for taking the time to submit your concern.

we are heading this ticket to upper management."

So our request is gone to the upper management.It's good sign for now So let's hope the best..Help and get help

Thanks guys for voting up and supporting until now.Request your in-game friends also to do so. Spread the word vote up maybe we might bring a change.We might still needing votes so i kindly request you to do so..
      Have a good day...

Comment

I hope it gets implemented by patch 2.3 then. I still fail to see any potential abuse from this. I highly doubt all the so called cashers have all day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to spend all day dragging their lowbie guild members thru ToK and spire. The fact that they cash means they already have limited time to spare and just want to see results fast. If they already have limited time, do you think they can spend all day doing what you guys are suggesting? Its simply illogical and selfish imo. As for low br getting rewards they deserve, just because there's 1 big casher helping them doesn't automatically mean they'll get to lvl 10 and above. If they can't even survive a few aoe hits from the boss, the casher is still gonna be soloing the boss and as far as I know, unless they are an extremely heavy casher, they're not gonna survive past lvl 8. Most lowbies should be able to get to lvl 3 or 4 with a decent team, so getting 3 or 4 more chests isn't that big a deal. The bulk of the time the chest just drops them vouchers/shadow crystals. That's hardly gonna let them jump in power even if you give them half a yr to do so. As for ToK, same reason. Every difficulty has only 5 lvls. How much more chest will they be getting? You really want to be so calculative that you want to deny even them getting an extra 30 SC or 60 insignia? Plus for them to even gain any significant advantage from this will take them between half a yr to a yr. You think you'll still be so active after a yr? or would those lowbies still even be around by then?

I still say they should allow us to help if we like to help. Why deny others from enjoying the game just because they started late?
        IGN: Athena
        Guild: Warriors
        Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
        Class: Archer
        Difficulty Level: Noob
        BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
          Why deny others from enjoying the game just because they started late?
          If the lack of the feature being campaigned for here keeps someone from enjoying the game...how sad it must be for them, having so little enjoyment of the game already that this lack deals a crushing blow.

If this feature does not currently exist, how are they being denied anything? This isn't a thread about whether to discontinue said feature.

Seriously, "starting late" is always going to keep you from "enjoying the game" if "enjoying the game" means "being as strong as older players, and getting what they get, with less money and less time spent."

Still say you should only get 1 extra run for Spire/ToK without rewards. That allows you to help if you like to help, and keeps people from nagging powerful players for help all day.

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
            Why deny others from enjoying the game just because they started late?
            If the lack of the feature being campaigned for here keeps someone from enjoying the game...how sad it must be for them, having so little enjoyment of the game already that this lack deals a crushing blow.

If this feature does not currently exist, how are they being denied anything? This isn't a thread about whether to discontinue said feature.

Seriously, "starting late" is always going to keep you from "enjoying the game" if "enjoying the game" means "being as strong as older players, and getting what they get, with less money and less time spent."

Still say you should only get 1 extra run for Spire/ToK without rewards. That allows you to help if you like to help, and keeps people from nagging powerful players for help all day.

Comment

Originally posted by bshallc2010 View Post

What makes me unhappy is having difficulty with passing mpd at normal levels, once we figure out we can't complete it the fun begins and we all start to blame each other and vote who should leave and waste their att for that day so we can call a top player to help us after he finished his att )

on-topic : only players of close br with the one that needs help should be able to help in spire/tok without att. I am liked by almost everybody on the server regardless their br and I think I could get help from people with high br pretty often, while others of my br couldn't. That would give me an unfair advantage so I propose that only people of close br to me to be able to help me if they have no att
              Last edited by R218901250; 09-02-2013, 03:51 AM.

Comment

I'm all for extra runs to be added to spire and tower of Kings for no reward,
                I'm part off smaller guild currently i feel bad when Guildlies ask for help and i say no i have already done it,

Comment

1 attempt? I've been running the ToK and Spire all day.

Comment

Originally posted by hawkspurs View Post
                    I'm all for extra runs to be added to spire and tower of Kings for no reward,
                    I'm part off smaller guild currently i feel bad when Guildlies ask for help and i say no i have already done it,
                    that's the reason why i posted it.. Well i would like you to share this with your in-game friends too so we would get enough support for the upper management to look into the matter and plus take some action

Comment

Good news tho we didn't meet the goal still. But we got a step ahead I got their message saying that :

"Thank you for taking the time to submit your concern.
                      we are heading this ticket to upper management."

So our request is gone to the upper management.It's good sign for now So let's hope the best..Help and get help

Thanks guys for voting up and supporting until now.Request your in-game friends also to do so. Spread the word vote up maybe we might bring a change.We might still needing votes so i kindly request you to do so..
                      Have a good day...

Comment

yes! i miss tower of kings as well because of the reason you stated

Comment

Yea it happens to majority of the players..

Comment

For everyone that thinks this will be abused, here is what I think.

Like anything in life, some people will abuse things, and some will not. What we should pay attention to here is how much it is even possible to abuse being able to do unlimited Spire or Tower of Kings runs after the first attempt is used, similar to how multiplayer dungeons currently work.

Concerning Spire:

Imagine a 65k BR player helping a team with three other 30k BR players. The 30k BR players will die on boss 7 because of the frequent area of effect attacks. The 65k BR player can most likely continue on to boss 8, and will probably finish boss 8 if there are no debuffs in play. However, boss 9 will very probably kill them simply because boss 9 requires teamwork for any established strategy (either using scatter shot or timing attacks and heals).

Imagine a team with 3 65k BR players and one 30k BR player. This team will most likely have absolutely no problem finishing boss 10, maybe even 11 depending on their ability. This is no different than a good team in a hurry accepting anyone for a 4th slot, which happens occasionally.

For either of these two scenarios to be abused, the high BR players must dedicate countless hours to only helping low players, which I know many would be unwilling to do since it does not benefit their own character in any way, and I'm sure they have better things to do in real life and the game. However, on the occasion they have more time, or want to help a friend, or want to show someone how a pro team uses skills on higher bosses, there should be nothing wrong with that, and that is NOT abuse or cheating.

While this may help lower level players get stronger faster, this is actually what we want because we want more people to be able to do mpds with at lvl 70+. We want other guilds to have strong players so that guild battles are more fun, for both sides. This is already happening because of a feature already in play, which is World Prosperity. If you do not want other players to get stronger, why not petition for World Prosperity to end. The goal of world prosperity is to bring new players in a server up to the level of players that have been there a while so they can play the game. It does not happen immediately, this game is very balanced, what with stamina limits and 1 attempt for multiplayer dungeons and Spire/ToK.

Concerning Tower of Kings:

This is a very new feature compared to Spire, and as such everyone wants to try it. But the tricky thing is, it gets hard VERY fast, and each member of the team must contribute to make it past hard lvls.

Imagine a team with an 88k BR player, 86k BR player, 73k BR player, and 71k BR player. This team will be able to beat Tower of Kings (Normal) lvl 5. I am not one of these players, so I can only say that lvl 4 (which I have fought against) is incredibly hard to do with even at team of 60k BR players. To my knowledge, this team will not be able to do Tower of Kings (Hard) all the way to lvl 5, it just gets too hard too fast.

Imagine the 88k BR player going with a team of 40k BR players. This team can probably do Tower of Kings (Normal) to maybe lvl 3 without too much difficulty. The 40k BR players will most certainly die, and it will be a long battle since there are two mages that just LOVE to heal themselves and cast damnation, and just don't like to die very fast. I very much doubt that this team could get to Hard difficulty, and since 40k BR players can easily get to Normal difficulty on their own, there is no big difference in rewards. They still get the 12 Shadow Souls, and just get 2 or 3 extra chests.

And now, the deal breaker. A team with three 80k+ BR players and one player with any BR (assumed lower than 40k) can most likely clear normal, and maybe do a boss or two in hard. I have never done hard, I cannot speak to that. Would this allow the low BR player to enter Tower of Kings (Hard) alone and leave immediately, still getting the 14(?) Shadow Souls? Yes, it would, but that is only 2 extra per day and so instead of taking around 60-66 days to get the 800 Shadow Souls by doing Normal, they could get it in 57 days. This is only maybe a week early, and that would be forfeiting the experience and chests they could get by doing Normal.

-------------------------

The entire point of having these scenarios written out here, is to show that while it can be abused, and while it can give more rewards, those rewards are not significantly more and require lots of extra effort on the side of the high BR players.

I do not see the problem of having even unlimited extra runs Spire or Tower of Kings, because it can only help the overall strength of the server, and in fact would make the game more attractive for BOTH free players and cashers. I address the casher issue here because even cashers sometimes cannot find a team to do their attempts with, either because of it being late, or for whatever reason. I know that I will always help anyone on my server with Moonevil Den, normal or nightmare, or Demon Temple if they need it and I happen to be on late. Even if they are in a different guild. Even if I do not know them.

This game is a multiplayer game first and foremost, and being able to find teams more easily is always a good thing, and makes the game more enjoyable for everyone.

One last note about abusing the system. For a high BR player to do Spire or Tower of Kings beyond their own attempt also means that they have to do their own attempt first. Think about it, people do their runs all day, they will never do their runs with their strong team right at the 5:00 am dungeon and stamina reset, and then go on to continuously help all of their low level friends and guild mates all day, while also doing battlegrounds and their own campaigns, and other events that happen throughout the day. They also need time to eat and sleep, and if they have a high BR, they probably have a successful life outside of the game, since BR requires skill and time, you cannot just instantly have 100k BR no matter how much you pay.

Think about it, if you disagree with me please say your reasons, I have yet to hear a good reason for not being able to help other players with Spire and Tower of Kings.
                            Last edited by Manik668; 09-05-2013, 03:21 AM. Reason: Fixed a minor grammar error. I'm not perfect in the middle of the night...

Comment

Totally agree with the ability to reenter ToK and the Spire. There are times when players miss these event, simply because others have done them. Top players tend to do these events as a team, and lesser level players can't find the numbers to run these. This will make the game friendlier.

Comment

well m not that much agree with this. why ?
                                coz each low level like 46 with 16K BR, will take 3 strong people say 60-70 K br and every day they can earn like 9-12 spire chest and ton of exp.
                                so as we have suffered and work hard so let them too be ...
                                I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                                and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

Working...
                                X