Fairer (Dryads In) Battleground

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fairer (Dryads In) Battleground

Completely getting rid of dryads isn't an option imho, people that get attacked over and over should be made stronger each time, to at least stand a chance of winning eventually.

What does bother me though is the people that deliberately go out attacking people to build up dryads and then screw people over. For (high lvl) VIP's, that's not too bad, they have reduced honor loss, but for people that don't cash, have no VIP and thus only average br, they can easily be whacked for -400 honor of few times each bg, when not so much weaker people go hunting for them.

1. So here's my idea, how about you only gain dryads from losing when you are the defending party? People going out there attacking you over and over, to whittle you down, shouldn't be getting dryads on top of that. People getting harassed themselves and losing should be getting dryads, but there shouldn't be such a thing as going hunting for dryads.
      The idea isn't perfect, since people can still strip down and sit there waiting for people to attack them, but it'll already prevent them from actively searching for dryads themselves.
    2. A completely other idea is this: don't make people that lose over and over stronger, make the people that are on killing sprees weaker each win. Not much, a few %'s each win. This way you really make BG's fairer as it's the really strong people that get weaker for everyone, instead of people getting dryaded and then go bombing someone else.

One of those and/or significantly reduce the honor you can maximum lose. 400 is ridiculously much for say a Knight Crusader gaining only 46 for a 'normal' win. That means you have to win 8-9 times to make up for one dryad bomber.

I've always said that the % of Drayds should lower the % of honor gained/lost. So if someone with 60% Dryads defeats a higher honor ranked person, the Dryad bomber gets 60% less honor and the victim loses 60% less honor than he normally would.

Would be good if something is done about it. Your first option sounds good. The second one... well, that's just as abusable as the system is now. Ppl could just chain-attack a strong player to make them weak enough to defeat. People with a (way) above average BR have worked their butts off for it. It would not be fair to their hard work to have them become weaker every time.
    Last edited by CreamySaucepan; 08-29-2013, 02:41 PM.

Comment

Just get rid of honor loss for the person losing, the winner gains honor only. Problem solved.

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
        I've always said that the % of Drayds should lower the % of honor gained/lost. So if someone with 60% Dryads defeats a higher honor ranked person, the Dryad bomber gets 60% less honor and the victim loses 60% less honor than he normally would.

Would be good if something is done about it. Your first option sounds good. The second one... well, that's just as abusable as the system is now. Ppl could just chain-attack a strong player to make them weak enough to defeat. People with a (way) above average BR have worked their butts off for it. It would not be fair to their hard work to have them become weaker every time.
        But doing that % Dryad would basically mean the opposite of current Dryad, where Dryad steals 200~400 honor.

1st idea from OP is interesting.
        2nd is interesting too but I think should be made where the player that attacks those with Killing Spree and higher gain a % stat increase. (not decreasing player stat)

Such as players that attacks
        "Killing Spree" gains +5% stat increase
        "Close to God" gains +10% stat increase
        "Grim Reaper' gains +15% stat increase

This will only affect those that's being attacked or attacking against those with "...".

It acts as a sort of unremovable debuff on "..." player.

Thus it can't be abused as it is a fixed stat increase and the player with "..." doesn't lose any stat.

And those with "..." can go back to being attacked normally by other players once they die, since "..." resets after you die.

And maybe keep the Dryad System, but lower the value of stat increase by half, IE: 50% increase is MAX for having lv.10 dryad.
        And reduce the amount of Honor steals/lost by Half too.
        Last edited by anichaos; 09-02-2013, 10:25 PM.

Comment

Second idea from OP is horrible since it pretty much guarantees that every KC+ will leave after a while rather than die to some idiot who hasn't even gotten private yet.

I like the first idea, I also like Creamy's suggestion. Actually, I like Creamy's more. Current system is stupid on many levels; personally I find the insane honor loss/gain ridiculous.

I LIKE the current dyrads system, it helps decent players kill people they couldn't touch otherwise. (mainly for kicks) My only real problem is bombers and the insane honor loss. Either a reduction based on dyrads or dyrads only from being attacked would fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
            But doing that % Dryad would basically mean the opposite of current Dryad, where Dryad steals 200~400 honor.

1st idea from OP is interesting.
            2nd is interesting too but I think should be made where the player that attacks those with Killing Spree and higher gain a % stat increase. (not decreasing player stat)

Such as players that attacks
            "Killing Spree" gains +5% stat increase
            "Close to God" gains +10% stat increase
            "Grim Reaper' gains +15% stat increase

This will only affect those that's being attacked or attacking against those with "...".

Thus it can't be abused as it is a fixed stat increase and the player with "..." doesn't lose any stat.

And those with "..." can go back to being attacked normally by other players once they die, since "..." resets after you die.

And maybe keep the Dryad System, but lower the value of stat increase by half, IE: 50% increase is MAX for having lv.10 dryad.
            And reduce the amount of Honor steals by Half too.
            This is your 1st idea what i like xD now we only have nice chat spam...and nothing more.
            If loosing ppl gain dryad why thise who work hard and kill a lot of ppl dont gain something? But max should be 10% not more

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by dackdoid View Post
              Just get rid of honor loss for the person losing, the winner gains honor only. Problem solved.
              Not a chance. Honor loss is the game's way to promote the VIP system. Why would R2 making changes that would make them lose profit?

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
              This is the most acceptable suggestion, easy work for the developers to change the % of stat boost gained from dryad. And for the players, it would half the risk of getting bombed, since people must purposely defeated twice longer to build enough dryad to bomb their target.
              Originally posted by Wraithraiser
              Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

I dislike the BG and the whole Dryad thing. There are individuals who are there to collect shards to synthesize chests. I have gone through BG today I was just carting. Out of nowhere another players attacks while I'm carting. Maybe the Dryad thing could be based on circumstance. Like if a player is carting and gets attacked, no Dryad should be gained. Same could be applied for players constantly getting attacked repeatedly by another player. I can even account for one BG some time last week where this one player with the title of Honorable Fighter kept targeting my character over and over.

Doing away with the system may be too much of a hassle for programmers. How about only allowing the Dryad thing to only function when the player attacks someone that is within the same level range as themselves. Just a thought.

Comment

I dislike the BG and the whole Dryad thing. There are individuals who are there to collect shards to synthesize chests. I have gone through BG today I was just carting. Out of nowhere another players attacks while I'm carting. Maybe the Dryad thing could be based on circumstance. Like if a player is carting and gets attacked, no Dryad should be gained. Same could be applied for players constantly getting attacked repeatedly by another player. I can even account for one BG some time last week where this one player with the title of Honorable Fighter kept targeting my character over and over.

Doing away with the system may be too much of a hassle for programmers. How about only allowing the Dryad thing to only function when the player attacks someone that is within the same level range as themselves. Just a thought.

Comment

Working...
                  X