Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Character Class Change Tokens

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Character Class Change Tokens

I know alot of people will Flame on this topic.. But I want to suggest it anyways. I suggested Name Change tokens way back and it was put in, so I do have some great ideas. Anyways I think alot of people get bored at times and would love the ability to change their character into a different Class. This would be something that definately would sell in shop and something that alot would actually use. It would be very simple all the equipement is same so with the class change token all equipment would convert also to the corresponding class that the change was made to. I am an archer but would be fun to change into a Mage or Knight and play them if I wanted to. Anyways flame on love it or hate it, R2 would make alot of money off this idea so please think about it r2.
    I don't care about your BR. I am the best go fish player there ever was!

that sound like a great idea i really think R2 need to do it

Comment

I don't have the heart to flame this, I'll let other people tear it down.

It's a bad idea because equipment is *not* the same. Yes, 50 PvE gear may be "similar" across all classes, for example...but the names and appearances are different, so on a more technical level, all these "similar" items have different Item IDs. R2 is not going to sell an item where they have to code it to "convert" Item IDs over.

Not to mention the logistical question of whether your skills "convert" over as they are, or whether you get a "free" reset on them to account for differences in skill placement on trees for other classes. Would also force people to invest in the guild skill and academy tech that they've ignored, be it PATK or MATK, unless switching between knight/archer, as I can guarantee R2 isn't gonna let a token swap all your guild skills/academy techs from PATK to MATK or the other way around.

And then you have your astrals, which are usually built around a specific class. That Will Destroyer you've been working on? Welcome to the archer class! How about that Crit Dmg % astral? Welcome to the mage class!

The only way I see this product selling is to new players who regret their class choice early on. Otherwise known as knights.

Comment

Yes the equipment would convert to the according class very simple to change it, its not complicated code. Gem converter to convert gems so gems not a problem and they could make if you want to be technical a astral converter. Its not complicated this would very easy.

Comment

so i can be a knight or mage during pvp then and just dominate at WB with an archer and reap all tha gold and switch back to a knight or mage then? See the exploits in this change system. It's dumb suggestion and should never be implemented in the game. You chose a class for a reason. If you don't like the class then make a new acct or go on another server and pick another class. Deal with it.

Comment

Yeah, the day they make an astral converter is the day we can all stop screaming about getting a useless orange/red astral for our class after spending obscene amounts of gold on astrals.

Also, gem conversion is a dedicated Blacksmith option, not some code rolled into a consumable item.

How about a nice gender change token instead? Now THAT would be an easily-implemented "conversion" consumable.

Comment

Honestly I really wouldnt mind that much if you could change class but not change your gear. Its an additional price to pay for switching classes, need to buy new sets of gear but if you really want that class change you will do it. Hard to tell as a low level (or new player) which class is light on your server, my first server had no archers but TONS of mages. Second server I made an archer figuring they were more needed, found myself as one of dozens of archers with only 2-3 decent mages on the entire server.

Comment

It isnt a dumb suggestion. If you are dumb enough to spend money to change to archer for wb then spend more money to change back then you would spend alot of money doing so which i dont forsee that happening with a Character Class Change token costing a decent amount. I am sure something like this would have to be around 5k balens or more.

Comment

Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
                  so i can be a knight or mage during pvp then and just dominate at WB with an archer and reap all tha gold and switch back to a knight or mage then? See the exploits in this change system. It's dumb suggestion and should never be implemented in the game. You chose a class for a reason. If you don't like the class then make a new acct or go on another server and pick another class. Deal with it.
                  Not what the OP was getting at, 0xy. The conversion item would cost balens, and I don't foresee people dropping balens for a little extra gold during WB, then dropping again to switch back.

But I *CAN* see people swapping to archer class long-term to build gold for astrals, skills, enchanting, etc. and THEN, when done, switching back to their class. That would be an abuse.

Comment

Working...
                  X