Battle Grounds

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battle Grounds

How about setting battle grounds up where it's based on your battle rating so everyone has a chance to win and get a higher ranking. the way it is now there is no hope of going from elite crusade to the next one. people are way over powered in battle grounds now so putting it where you enter with a battle rating close to each other is only fair. Please take the Holy Seal away in the talents area.

Pick one suggestion and stick with it, don't try and shoehorn in a "remove HS" suggestion at the very end when your thread is titled "Battle Grounds."

Comment

If you can not do according to BR, how about limiting the number of times a player may be hit.....as it stands now very little hope for the weaker player to do anything but enter and leave.

Comment

lvl 49-30k br
        lvl 60-30k br
        and the winner will be the lvl 60 obviosly...

Comment

Originally posted by R214835471 View Post
          people are way over powered in battle grounds now so putting it where you enter with a battle rating close to each other is only fair.
          Explain how it's fair that a level 39 with a good BR is matched up against a level 50 with a (for his level) not so good BR, eh? Level 39 in 35 gear, with Gryphons. Level 50 with Templars, stun and a mount, 40 legend or 45 or 50 (legend) gear, and 6 extra skill points. How is that remotely more fair than the current system?
          Or, as is the case in my guild, a level 44 has to go up against a level 62 and above. Once again: Knights vs Templars, stun and more skill points.

Instead of blaming others ("THEY are overpowered! THEY should be punished for it! They! They! They!"), work on your character, learn it, build it, get stronger and start killing.

Comment

I can't believe with the new blessing wheel, this kind of suggestion still exist. I mean, with the blessing boost, you still cannot make your toons stronger? What kind of BR your toons have? People like this always requesting that the game be easier for them without working on their toons, and think they deserver better than those who worked on their toons. Should you always need babysitting if you are weak?
            Wartune = Sylph Tune.

Comment

Originally posted by MaccteN001 View Post
              I can't believe with the new blessing wheel, this kind of suggestion still exist. I mean, with the blessing boost, you still cannot make your toons stronger? What kind of BR your toons have? People like this always requesting that the game be easier for them without working on their toons, and think they deserver better than those who worked on their toons. Should you always need babysitting if you are weak?
              Seriously? How is everyone being stronger because of the wheel supposed to do anything about big br differences in BG? Think before you post something, plz.

That being said, I'm afraid BG's as they are, are the best they can get without making the separation criteria overly complicated. Yes it's tough for non cashers to do well in BG's without purposefully leveling very slow, but that's part of why people cash, to get an edge on the other people. R2/7road is a company, they need to make money. For that to happen, you need people to spend money on the game and they'll only do that if it gets them a big enough advantage over those who don't.

Comment

Lol, another silly suggestion.
                If BG based on BR, it would screw up the one with low levels. Since they will have the disadvantage of lesser skills, talents, and troop level.
                Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

BG based on BR wouldn't solve anything. BR doesn't give true strength as there are other things which don't give BR but make your toon very strong like will destroyer, RGB, determination, HS etc.

Comment

I think you should fix the system where battle grounds are matched by levels. Like a level 43....should be matched with 40-44 and 47 should be matched with 45-49!!! This makes things lot better for other people as well!!

Comment

Originally posted by OmegaDragon View Post
                      I think you should fix the system where battle grounds are matched by levels. Like a level 43....should be matched with 40-44 and 47 should be matched with 45-49!!! This makes things lot better for other people as well!!
                      Yeah, they tried something like that (on a 10-level bracket scale) and it just creates campers at the top end of the bracket. Your 40-44 would have 44 campers, the 45-49 would have 49 campers.

I absolutely hate the bracket overlap now, but I see why they did it. It erases level campers, in the sense that they can now only camp mid-bracket.

35-44, 40-49, and 45-54 means that 44 is the last stop to camp the top of the lower bracket before you get kicked into the higher bracket, but it leaves you solidly in the middle of the middle bracket and at risk of getting people up to 5 levels higher than you.

It balances BG more, even if it means I'm getting slapped around by HS15 64s as a poor HS10 62 with no other bracket to hide in. That 59->60 step is a doozy for group arena and BG.

Comment

I'm 64. I just enter and leave until I get a 55-64 BG. I have hated BG since waaaaay back 3 toons ago before all the changes. Its only recently that I've even taken an interest bc I need the crit medallion, especially from a bare necessity cash POV.

Anyhow, the point I'm making is that I'm camped at 64 for until HC, if not IC. The current brackets allow me to eat 55-60's like tic tac's while I'm camped. It would be harder if I only had to fight 60-64, dryads would be more painful.

I don't like it, try to hit only those with a cart, but it did nothing to "erase" campers, in fact it made it easier.
                        My name itself is a flame...sweeeeeet! awesome! epic!

Comment

Originally posted by R2EndlessMoneyPit View Post
                          I'm 64. I just enter and leave until I get a 55-64 BG. I have hated BG since waaaaay back 3 toons ago before all the changes. Its only recently that I've even taken an interest bc I need the crit medallion, especially from a bare necessity cash POV.

Anyhow, the point I'm making is that I'm camped at 64 for until HC, if not IC. The current brackets allow me to eat 55-60's like tic tac's while I'm camped. It would be harder if I only had to fight 60-64, dryads would be more painful.

I don't like it, try to hit only those with a cart, but it did nothing to "erase" campers, in fact it made it easier.
                          You're still mid-bracket, you just cherry-pick your BGs to avoid the 60-69 bracket BGs. And I did say..."in the sense that they can now only camp mid-bracket." I never said it was a "clean" erase.

Comment

only change BGs need at this moment is on the brackets,not based on BR
                            they need to be 30-34 35-39 etc

making BGs based on BR is bullsh**

Comment

The brackets they have now make u work on your toon and level up ... yes you will get farmed for a while until you get high enough to do the farming. Put in your time and you too can be a farmer until you reach lord divine..then you can quit bg forever if you like.
                              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Working...
                              X