Mage skill set lvl 50,help sought .

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mage skill set lvl 50,help sought .

Right,so i did read a lot of guides,some now out of date,others just plain dumb so thought I would come here for the best,up to date advice

First some details,I will be sinking small amounts of cash into my char. soon,so socket rods etc,will be bought.

At 1st though,I will not be going dual skills,maybe in the future.

So what I really need is a good skill layout for a hybrid mage,just coming up to lvl 50,thats effective and gives good bang for the points.

I'm in a good guild,so going more for a cannon than a medic,upto one point in puri at lvl 50 would be fine,just so I can heal,help out a little..usually I can run with a dedicated healer.

I like my passives,the only one not maxed atm is castinator,and I have my eye on that!

Any help,advice,pictures or origami animals with notes written on them,gladly accepted.
    All the time the theme tune to the Banana splits is playing in my head...

What's your gear?
    [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
    [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

lvl 50

Click image for larger version

Name:	32.PNG
Views:	2
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	1675306 this is how i do it socket everything asap then refine i use crit mattk int end def or armor / socket pdf mattk mdf and when ledgend gear is made equip hp gems. astros are Click image for larger version

Name:	xfcygvhbn.PNG
Views:	1
Size:	253.0 KB
ID:	1675307 hope this helps a little

Comment

Showing a picture of a level 70 high commander to a level 49 asking for help with level 50 probably doesn't help so much ;D
        [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Alright, ***. I'm assuming you're sitting on a pvp45 gear.

You're telling me you have strong guild mates, good, you'll need them.

When you get to level 50, this is what you should do:

Farm GoD NM every day. Do not fight the final boss. Do not use summonings. This nets you 10 stones and crystalloids per day. 80 days and you will have the materials for your legendary 50 set.

You also need 16k insignia. If you can get 2k insignia per week you will be set. Do every GvG. Do all team arenas. Enter all battlegrounds at least for the insignia reward.

You haven't given us any details about your character strength. BR, MATK, astrals, etc etc etc. This makes it hard to help.

Do not do Spire. Do not do ToK except once for each level to the point where you can't get higher, then farm the souls every day.

Do catacombs. You will need the gems and the tokens.

Do not accept any quest rewards without looking at them. If it's only the dailies that give xp and 3k gold, just ignore them.

As for your skill selection if you want to run only one build I'd focus on having all passives, Meteor, RoF, Resto and Suntoria. RoF should be 4/5. Meteor can be low but for arena and BG you will love the double AoE hit on the start of every fight.

Your level 50 astrals should be MATK, PDEF, MDEF, Will Destroyer and Goddess Blessing.

That's all I can think of for now.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

He never mentioned slow leveling, though.
            Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
            Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

True, he came here asking for advice so I told him how I would play the toon.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

@Molochmage...thanks,thats exactly the stuff I was looking for,one question,is it worth as I have read,legending a set of lvl40 pve gear,or should I go for the lvl 50 stuff ?

I'm asking,because actually getting it to leg. quality will take an age compared to the lv 40 stuff,so would it be better to get it done and quick,or hang on and build up the 50,s stuff ?

Oh,and yes,I will be slow leveling!

Thanks again

Comment

The screenshots below is the skill setup and astrals for my 52 mage.

Click image for larger version

Name:	dmg.JPG
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	1675313Click image for larger version

Name:	heal.JPG
Size:	64.0 KB
ID:	1675314Click image for larger version

Name:	astrals.JPG
Size:	72.4 KB
ID:	1675315

Comment

Depends what gear you have on now.

The Legend 40 gear is superior to all sets up to and including the 45 set.

However the Legend 50 set is superior to all sets up to and including the 55 set.

That said: The 40 set is easy to farm in comparison. The 50 set will be a much bigger boost to your stats.

Personally - Using your dedicated healer, and a couple of other strong helpers - I would get your 50 set done.
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                    Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                    Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Just wanted to say thanks again,best vouchers I ever spent!

Following the advice,I have more than doubled my WB profit and I am kicking butt in Arena and BG ,remind me to come back after I hit lvl 50

Comment

If you are already at level 49 in my opinion it is too late to start farming a 40 set. While it will be better than your current gear (by a mile in PvE, at least) the 50 legendary set is a stunning improvement on your character and it will only take you a bit less than 3 months assuming you do not buy crystalloid packs and the likes. Now I say "only", 3 months may seem like a lot but this is a long term game; my goal of getting my legendary 60 will take 4 months.

You need to focus on saving Daru to work on your templars once you hit level 50. Don't bother with your knights anymore, it's not worth it. Your level aim should be 54 and you should take all the time in the world to get there. Having spare Kyanite is a must as is levelling your academy skills.

Good luck!

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

I already have nearly full lvl 40 leg. set,just need broach[sp?],lvl 50 is def. getting worked on next!

Over 15 million daru,already saved for Temps,all char skills in Academy maxed,troops at 34 and rising,good reserves of Kryanite.

Guild tower is at lvl 7,atm i'm pumping gold into skills,need about 2 more lvl6,then the lvl7 stuffs next.

Thanks again for the help

Comment

Obviously, if you are so close to it you should complete the 40 set It will be like night and day doing dungeons.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Working...
                            X