critical mage for pve?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chrisdab View Post
    Why dont you like using crit for Class Wars?
    Less survivability (one less astral, crit gems), and easier to counter.

Comment

Partly that, also the fact that against similar level opponents, your crit rate is a lot lower than against most pve monsters(there *seems* to be a small level factor)...and i guess some people use guardian angel maybe

Compare just switching crit gems to block gems, and getting both illu and deflect in for cw to having crit, 1 of illu or deflect, and much lower block...

Also...reflected crits are no fun at all in the later stages of the fights ^^

Comment

Yep from 7+ crit gem growth is better, but until the value is the same amount gained from gems, IMO refine is still the better choice, as for astral & gems, yep switch hp astral and a few gems and rely on crit heals replacing sunt, but it is easily countered, even without GA i beates a ceit mage whose non-crit hits was almost equal to my EWD attacks.. It is a more interesting build, which I will try out myself, but I will build myself to a much better standig point first.

Comment

Last few days i try on my mage crit 3.5k bulid, i get in bg/arena 40% rate..this is to low- more crit need crit gems= more dmg take bcs of change def gems to crit.
          Now...if i get 40% rate and get 80% more dmg ... 80%/10*4 = 32%,my ewd v8 what i have now give more, ofc if thunderer get crit - make a lot dmg...Sure this is good idea and take chance for something, but if someone use ga astro like me, crit sucks Hehe...thats why crit mage can be good if u can reach 5k and dont need to sacrofice def
          Last edited by miQQQs; 09-25-2013, 05:44 PM.

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by SinnedWill View Post
            It's a choice - at higher levels, crit mage seems to accomplish more than EWD mages. As for people saying crit gems are bad, perhaps, but after lv. 6, crit/block gem levels get a higher total % boost per level than stat gems (i.e. MATK/MDEF/PDEF gems lv. 6 -> level 7 is 220 -> 280 - delta is 60, 60/220 = +27.27% gain; crit gem lv. 6 -> lv. 7 is 120 ->180, delta is 60, 60/120 = +50% gain) so as you can see, after level 6, the boost % for leveling a crit gem becomes higher than that for stat gems. Also, it's not always necessary to have crit gems in every piece - just have enough crit value (the stat) to make you feel comfortable with your crit-rate (actual chance to crit only discovered through experience) - the amount of crit value a player needs to get a consistent crit-rate will fluctuate from player to player (fairly certain crit rate decreases as crit value -the stat- remains constant while BR increases).
            This is where there's a dichotomy of thoughts among the top mages. SinnedWill and I have differing thoughts about the usability of crits. I've given a long hard thought about crits and say no to it. That is why I am still an EWD mage to this day.
            Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
            [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
              This is where there's a dichotomy of thoughts among the top mages. SinnedWill and I have differing thoughts about the usability of crits. I've given a long hard thought about crits and say no to it. That is why I am still an EWD mage to this day.
              Have to agree..... crit mage is tempting, but why give up the guaranteed damage from ewd? Just to take a chance at more damage. How much do you actually crit against opponents of approximate equal rating? That would be the question.
              Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

As an archer I wish I only need 1 astrals instead of 2. It's a bit of a problem with us. Mages and knights have much more viability in building their toon. We have 1 lol.
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

i have been a crit mage from day one and i love it.is there pros and cons yes,but in my case i like my build.now that im lv 70 i love crit,plz kep in mind im a nobie but it works for me.

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                    As an archer I wish I only need 1 astrals instead of 2. It's a bit of a problem with us. Mages and knights have much more viability in building their toon. We have 1 lol.
                    Make a non-mainstream build. Be a will destroyer archer.
                    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                      Make a non-mainstream build. Be a will destroyer archer.
                      I had a friend trying this, he said he did decent dmg.. but it was put on a hold since he was still in pvp gear... but if he ever gets that pve I would be interested in seeing that xP

Comment

It won't be viable ever because our skills and the whole concept of archer depends on crit. I have thought about several options but all would hurt me more than it would give me benefits.
                        Player Class: Archer
                        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Crit mages as knights have been developed and are succesful in other servers, but you have to meet some criterias prior you go for crit. First you have to get IC or LD medallion, second you have to have PVE 60 legendary set (one additonal slot for crit gems), than you will need two astral slots one for (sniper and the other for enhanced determination) that means that you can go crit when you reach level 70, thus you lose only one defending or supporting astral. On top of it you need high HP points as your target is not to heal your self but to attack and destroy the oponent as quick as you can. When going into crit your first priority is not MATK but crit points (higher the number more crit hits you will do). Ultimately it gose down on how you like to play your character. When i reach level 70 i will definatly go into crit (i already have PVE leg set), working towards IC medallion.
                          Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

mage may have around 4800 crit rate, if all item have crit and all item have crit gem. but lost more other stat, idk what better. But see top list mage no one get crit setup )) mb becouse crit no better?

Comment

Simple noob question.

Why do you HAVE to couple Sniper's with Determination. Why not just use the first if you lack astro slots?
                              [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
                              [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post
                                Partly that, also the fact that against similar level opponents, your crit rate is a lot lower than against most pve monsters(there *seems* to be a small level factor)
                                It's mechanics are the same as world of warcraft battle ratings, if you're familiar with those.

Comment

Working...
                                X