Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    Simple noob question.

Why do you HAVE to couple Sniper's with Determination. Why not just use the first if you lack astro slots?
    Sniper increases chance of crit and determination increases crit damage. If you are just using sniper then chance is only increase but not damage. I am not sure what is value of default base crit damage.
    Last edited by Drag0nsFire; 09-27-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

Simple noob question.

Why do you HAVE to couple Sniper's with Determination. Why not just use the first if you lack astro slots?
      Determination is the Crit's version of EWD. A Crit build without Determination is as pointless as a non-Crit build without EWD.
      [S1] Temple of Ibalize
      Frostie
      Mage
      VictisHNR

Comment

spire with crit build = lvl 13/14 depends (vulcano = 200k-230k) 4.3k crit atm

Comment

Simple noob question.

Agreed, archers still have high damage even with sniper's edge alone coz the crit damage without determination is equal or even higher than ewd, that is why it is not consistent compared to ewd.
          Last edited by Senthur; 09-27-2013, 06:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Senthur View Post
            Agreed, archers still have high damage even with sniper's edge alone coz the crit damage without determination is equal or even higher than ewd, that is why it is not consistent compared to ewd.
            Say what? Try to do dd race against EWD without determination^^

Comment

I am new to the game I got over 96k battle rating my gaia is purple not yet refined I am looking for help. I am wondering if I should keep my EWD astral with piceses astral or go crit I am level 72. all my astrals are 7 I got piceses holy fortitude holy will power holy eshildment ewd
              WITH OUT CASHERS YOU COULDNT PLAY FOR FREE SO GET OVER IT

Comment

If you can afford getting 5k+ crit, you can surely go crit. With your BR I had around 5.5k crit. It worked really nice in PvE and fine in PvP (not as good as it works now with 11k+, but was still better than on EWD).
                I'm sure, in all PvE aspects of the game, crit build is way better, because you deal more damage and all important dungeons need highest DPS possible.
                Crit heals also come in handy.

Comment

why did you bump an old thread?
                  IGN/Server: Crusader Kabam 62
                  Class: Archer
                  Battle Rating: 275k (with herc br)

Guild: Black Lotus
                  Sylph: Hercules ★★ 46968
                  Originally posted by Wraithraiser
                  but yeah. Robo_Hobo for presidente

Comment

like I said I am new try to get many points of views and I quick searched this thread
                    WITH OUT CASHERS YOU COULDNT PLAY FOR FREE SO GET OVER IT

Comment

Originally posted by AiA_Nailbunny View Post
                      like I said I am new try to get many points of views and I quick searched this thread
                      Level 70 is the perfect time to go crit as you have enough astral spaces to add crit and determination without trading out defense, block, etc.
                      As mentioned, just make sure you can manufacture a crit stat over 5k, your defense/hp is high enough to cover removing gems/refines to replace them with crit, and be sure to grab IC medallion or above for the crit stat bonus there.
                      Lvl 80 Crit Mage, 298K BR, Aegis ***** G.M. Hells-Gate

Comment

Previously, EWD was the right choice for a mage, but time has changed.

See this article:
                        http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/2...ne-events.html
                        It's now very easy to have a 10k+ crit.

At that level, you crit 80% of the time. With a Determination lvl 10, you will deal 80% more damage opposed to EWD's 50% bonus. That compensates well enough for the defense you lose due to using crit gems.
                        See how combat works in Wartune in more detail here:
                        http://wartune-balens.blogspot.com/p...une-basic.html
                        My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by Fherlayt View Post
                          At that level, you crit 80% of the time. With a Determination lvl 10, you will deal 80% more damage opposed to EWD's 50% bonus.
                          Crit itself deals 50% more damage. With Determination lvl. 10 that bonus damage goes to +100%.

Comment

I went crit at lvl 70..and never looking back.

Comment

It's actually quite funny rereading this thread from the OP.

Interesting how the ideal build/advice has changed over time. ^^
                              Blizzarea
                              S147
                              Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

Comment

for me I count like this, dumbass math you might say, but I do:

now take in consideration, this is from MAX:

Determination lv10 = 50% plus advance astral slot bonus(assume it is) 10% = 110% extra dmg PER CRIT.
                                GA= same as before, negates 60% of all crits.
                                average dmg boosting= (10 round, crits= 840% + non crits = 600% / 10) 144% dmg per round(this is assuming you have 100% crit, which we all can say isn't possible?

Non crit however = EWD max = 50% plus astral bosting. average dmg 160%

So for me, in pvp both are viable builds, cause if one of those crits is a delphic, it hurts as hell, while in ewd build, all hits will just hit decently. But average, EWD is right unless my "dumb *** math" is wrong xD

For pve however, mages MUST go crit. So in the end, go crit, or make sure you can change between the builds.

Comment

Working...
                                X