Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

critical mage for pve?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critical mage for pve?

Hey all,

I've a question. Is crit mage better for mp, tok and spire or noncrit mage is better?

most mages are non crit and honestly i would stick to it.

only for worldboss all use critical because the wb gives crit chance increase
    • S69 - Corftey ravine
    • H4D3S
    • lvl 76 archer
    • 103k br

Comment

Originally posted by h4d3s View Post
      most mages are non crit and honestly i would stick to it.

only for worldboss all use critical because the wb gives crit chance increase
      I second this, every mage I know of uses Disable Crit for everything except WB.
      Server: S321
      Name: Blazer
      Class: Archer
      Level: 64
      BR: 79.5k
      Lord Divine

Comment

Originally posted by Beardi View Post
        I second this, every mage I know of uses Disable Crit for everything except WB.
        Once you get to higher level, becoming a crit mage is a very interesting option.

There are several mages I know of on my server that have made the switch over.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
          Once you get to higher level, becoming a crit mage is a very interesting option.

There are several mages I know of on my server that have made the switch over.
          Easily countered in pvp by GA ^^ in pve, well crit heals if they still works is always good.

Comment

Yep. They. Do.

took one against me in cw a week ago >>
            S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
            Mage: Existence (G.M)
            BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Going crit is nice but the question is how much are you willing to sacrifice for it...
              Gems / refines / astrals...

While will destroyer takes 1 slot determination and focus take 2

I would stick to regular astrals just because i can have good dmg and all the Defenses + HP i can have.

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                Easily countered in pvp by GA ^^ in pve, well crit heals if they still works is always good.
                Taking GA is sacrificing another astral slot. Unless you are also high level yourself.

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post
                Going crit is nice but the question is how much are you willing to sacrifice for it...

I would stick to regular astrals just because i can have good dmg and all the Defenses + HP i can have.
                Hence my 'higher level' covering comment...

What astrals are you gonna have at level 70?

What astrals are you gonna have at level 80?

At 70 I am considering switching to Crit, thus: MATK, MDEF, PDEF, Block, Goddess, Crit & Determination
                You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P

Comment

Originally posted by Mitashki View Post

One shouldn't use crit gems tho.

1 crit refine with 60 leg gear is 120-140 crit or so, while a lvl 5 gem is 88 crit.
                  1 Mdef/Pdef refine --------ll---------------, while gem is 176.

The output for a crit gem isn't worth it compared to a def gem, unless you've got HUGE def, (maybe frabba the huttstein could have that, will see)
                  S166. lvl: 78(soon/is)
                  Mage: Existence (G.M)
                  BR: 113k-ish 70 set's done!!

Comment

Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
                    One shouldn't use crit gems tho.

1 crit refine with 60 leg gear is 120-140 crit or so, while a lvl 5 gem is 88 crit.
                    1 Mdef/Pdef refine --------ll---------------, while gem is 176.

The output for a crit gem isn't worth it compared to a def gem, unless you've got HUGE def, (maybe frabba the huttstein could have that, will see)
                    When/if I finally/ever go Crit:

I would not swap any P/M DEF gems for crit.

I would however certainly consider swapping out a couple of HP gems for Crit.

As you say the return on a crit gem is peanuts in comparison to the effectiveness of other gem choices and mostly not really worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by GingerTheHutt View Post
                      When/if I finally/ever go Crit:

I would not swap any P/M DEF gems for crit.

I would however certainly consider swapping out a couple of HP gems for Crit.

As you say the return on a crit gem is peanuts in comparison to the effectiveness of other gem choices and mostly not really worth it.
                      ginger noob, the trade out is still very high, at lvl 5, it is 880hp + sc (sc affect will be greater for hp than crit since obviously hp offers a way higher boost than everything.) but yea trading 880 hp for 88 crit is a big trade off.

Comment

It's a choice - at higher levels, crit mage seems to accomplish more than EWD mages. As for people saying crit gems are bad, perhaps, but after lv. 6, crit/block gem levels get a higher total % boost per level than stat gems (i.e. MATK/MDEF/PDEF gems lv. 6 -> level 7 is 220 -> 280 - delta is 60, 60/220 = +27.27% gain; crit gem lv. 6 -> lv. 7 is 120 ->180, delta is 60, 60/120 = +50% gain) so as you can see, after level 6, the boost % for leveling a crit gem becomes higher than that for stat gems. Also, it's not always necessary to have crit gems in every piece - just have enough crit value (the stat) to make you feel comfortable with your crit-rate (actual chance to crit only discovered through experience) - the amount of crit value a player needs to get a consistent crit-rate will fluctuate from player to player (fairly certain crit rate decreases as crit value -the stat- remains constant while BR increases).

Comment

Originally posted by R23209055 View Post
                          ginger noob, the trade out is still very high, at lvl 5, it is 880hp + sc (sc affect will be greater for hp than crit since obviously hp offers a way higher boost than everything.) but yea trading 880 hp for 88 crit is a big trade off.
                          That depends on your point of view & immediate circumstances.

Right now - if I thought an additional ~200 Crit would assist my build better than ~2K HP, I would swap in an instant.

Comment

Crit mage works very well for all pve activities...but it is always less reliable but possibly higher damage output than wd

Personally i've been crit since lv 70 and ic...thats around when the switch felt doable with the extra from medal and the astral slot...i switch to wd for cw only

And as said above, crit refines are better value then the lower end gems, but starting at level 6, crit gems gain more per level than same level atk/def/hp etc does...which is something to keep in mind as well

Comment

Originally posted by gruntar View Post

i switch to wd for cw only
                              Why dont you like using crit for Class Wars?

Comment

Working...
                              X