LL NM Help?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SirChuck View Post
    Wow, only 78k and 68k. We must have been doing something wrong last week. We died to boss two with 82k knight and 76k mage. Hope we can figure out how to beat boss #2 with 2 archers as he is my level 9 friend. : )
    Just good rotation apollo/is/resto/agoran and u can do itsunto ON, And u dont must spam bl U need just smart team

_________

Crit Mage 80v
    ~135k Br

_________

Comment

With a single mage who starts with 33 rage what would be her skill rotation. Would she start with sun? or LB to build rage then restore for knight then puri for aoe bleed?

Also, should archers be worried about ss'ing his buff up?

Comment

With a single mage who starts with 33 rage what would be her skill rotation. Would she start with sun? or LB to build rage then restore for knight then puri for aoe bleed?

Also, should archers be worried about ss'ing his buff up?
        Lol...and for what u have moobs? Before boss allways bulid rage....who start with startRage?
        Sunto-resto-bolt-puri...thats it. And keep rage for bl so u can cast it when u need. 2 boss attak only twice, tank and aoe so your archer and knight must cast apollo/is in right time ofc df all the time or mage dont cast what u need bcs of cd

_________

Crit Mage 80v
        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

But we prefer run in 2x mage setupmuch more easy way

_________

Crit Mage 80v
          ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Originally posted by AnataOFAkku View Post
            Lol...and for what u have moobs? Before boss allways bulid rage....who start with startRage?
            Sunto-resto-bolt-puri...thats it. And keep rage for bl so u can cast it when u need. 2 boss attak only twice, tank and aoe so your archer and knight must cast apollo/is in right time ofc df all the time or mage dont cast what u need bcs of cd
            Oh yeah, duh. We would go into the fight with 100 rage. I don't know if the 1 mage should start the fight with sun or save rage for restore and puri.

And when the boss buffs up and i didn't know if archer should ss it or dont worry about it. I forget exactly what buffs he does?

Comment

Oh yeah, duh. We would go into the fight with 100 rage. I don't know if the 1 mage should start the fight with sun or save rage for restore and puri.

And when the boss buffs up and i didn't know if archer should ss it or dont worry about it. I forget exactly what buffs he does?
              Def and power so ofc scatter must bemy 1 archer can keep good rotation with all skills so 2 should do it perfect

_________

Crit Mage 80v
              ~135k Br

_________

Comment

if your archers keep second boss with df, the mage can puri at each aoe so no need to do BL (only when really needed) so the rage isnt really an issue. The sunt should alwyas be on to heal after the aoe. Archers need to ss cause he buff up with att and def so its a must. and resto after each time its hit the tank. I usually run with 1 mage (me), 2 archers and 1 knight. but did it with other combinations too.I prefer that one cause its faster

Comment

Originally posted by tincho123 View Post
                  if your archers keep second boss with df, the mage can puri at each aoe so no need to do BL (only when really needed) so the rage isnt really an issue. The sunt should alwyas be on to heal after the aoe. Archers need to ss cause he buff up with att and def so its a must. and resto after each time its hit the tank. I usually run with 1 mage (me), 2 archers and 1 knight. but did it with other combinations too.I prefer that one cause its faster
                  All depends what players u have in guildwe have a lot of mages but only 1 archer for lych without wc. Ofc if someone want only 2x boss he dont need high end archers,2x 75k br and No problem
                  We have 4-5 mages ,but only 1 archer 85k br+ so she run lych usualy 3x per day xD

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                  ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Good stuff. Appreciate the help. Last thing, what skill should a knight lead with? Agoran? Apollo?

Comment

Good stuff. Appreciate the help. Last thing, what skill should a knight lead with? Agoran? Apollo?
                      Apollo must have,agoran very usefull too...and delphic for last boss if u think aBout end lych
                      So slash,Uslash,agoran,apollo,delph on skillbar and this is all what knight need for lych

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                      ~135k Br

_________

Comment

I don't agree, apollo first doesn't do much, but after the bleed is much better.

Comment

He needs to spam apollo as soon as the fight begins as if spammed fast enough, apollo goes first. With a 2 archer setup and your knight delaying apollo on himself, he should run 60% damage reduction most of the times.
                          Also apollo needs to be activated either after the boss buffs himself or after he heals himself , id say he should activate it along with archer's scatter as right after that the boss does his two attacks(hitting the knight and doing his bleed attack). Ideally you should not apollo( or IS) after the boss' bleed attack as after that he buffs himself and heals, thus you will waste 2 turns of IS and also a few turns of apollo right away if u use them right after his aoe attack.
                          However i suggest to do it with 2 mages first, learn the rotation and once u master it, try to solo mage. Second boss is much, much easier with 2 mages.
                          Last edited by kattuktk; 10-16-2013, 08:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by xeonrf View Post
                            I don't agree, apollo first doesn't do much, but after the bleed is much better.
                            After the bleed the boss buffs and heals himself up so a few turns on apollo are wasted right away, using apollo after boss' bleed attack is quite frankly the worst time to use apollo.
                            The correct time is after he heals himself.
                            Last edited by kattuktk; 10-16-2013, 07:47 PM.

Comment

As the guy above me said, go with 2 Mages for now and learn the timing/rotation. Otherwise, practise (as a lone Mage) with your team mates after your attempt's done until you know exactly when to hit what skill. Communicate with your tank and archers.

As a lone Mage, it's more 'challenging' because you cannot afford to slip up. For the 2nd boss, if you screw up on your puri timing, there's no 2nd Mage behind you to cover. If your tank gets hit by a gigantic 80k crit, there's no one else to help you restore his health (and if your rage is low, you're screwed). For the last boss, if you mistime your BL (or if the boss decides to crit everyone for 35k) and have it stuck on a long cool-down after the stun, your team is pretty much dead. In short, no place for errors for a lone Mage in LL NM.

With that said, the extra DPS from your team makes the 2nd and last boss go smoothly and quickly so it's all pros and cons.

2 Mages = less stressful (for the Mage), but you run the risk of not having enough DPS for last boss.
                              1 Mage = more stressful (for the Mage), but all bosses will go smoothly (if you know what you're doing).
                              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                              Frostie
                              Mage
                              VictisHNR

Comment

I've tried several team settings for LL NM, and I've found that the easiest one is to go with 1 knight 1 mage 2 archers. Of course, that means the mage must have good timing on 2nd boss (but the timing on puri is usually just right so it's not that hard) and also know when to heal and when not to for last boss. With 2 mages it's pretty hard to kill the last boss as the damage dealt isn't enough (unless the mages have very high MATK), and with 2 knights it's hard to get the timing right for 2nd boss.
                                Hello.

[S161]Ashthorn Fen - Lysaelle

Comment

Working...
                                X