Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Crazy archer willing to do experiments

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Archer with max Bloodthirst, Brutality and Healing rune = regen archer. Not really a special build, more a standard.

Also Will Destroyer will gimp you.
    More standard damage yes, but we crit so much in the end we will do less damage not using crit.
    Also the fact we get more rage when we crit.

Archer is a very broken build to me since we can only go 1 direction. Unlike Knights and Mages.
    Endgame we can't even compete because the Knights have too much defense + equal attack, and mages hit hard and outheal even our delphic.

Instead of trying builds I'd like to see some love for 'endgame' archers.
    Last edited by IggyBousse; 10-09-2013, 05:02 AM.
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Pretty much agree Iggy ... the only way for archers to really endgame is to cash some hardcore defense and max out their patk to crazy insane heights.
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Yes and before people start shouting 'BUT YOU HAVE WORLDBOSS HERPDERP' I'll gladly give you WB in exchange for some archer improvement.
        Player Class: Archer
        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I like the idea of building an archer with WD
          ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
          Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
          My pathetic youtube channel
          -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
            I like the idea of building an archer with WD
            it would be pointless, since archer is based on crits.
            IGN: AncientEvil
            Server: EU-271+merged
            Class: Archer
            Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
              it would be pointless, since archer is based on crits.
              Never said it would be effective
              ~ Redoga ~

My very own detailed mage guide
              Choosing between EWD and Crit - a comparative guide
              My pathetic youtube channel
              -------------------> Latest video:

Comment

I agree with your view Iggy... Perhaps instead of just trying to go on dreaming about taking out both Knights AND Mages... i feel endgame Archers should just focus on doing their job well - taking out Mages... hence gems settings astrals settings should be done purely for Mage Killing...

I think that's the only viable or achievable target until the day the developers ensure Archer's base attack matches the other two classes...
                S144
                Guild: 'Nightmare
                Level 80 Archer

Comment

Originally posted by Linazz View Post
                  Never said it would be effective
                  Yea, OP did say he's "crazy" LOL....
                  no sane archer would use WD, but crazy ones would.

Originally posted by -Eilistraee- View Post
                  I agree with your view Iggy... Perhaps instead of just trying to go on dreaming about taking out both Knights AND Mages... i feel endgame Archers should just focus on doing their job well - taking out Mages... hence gems settings astrals settings should be done purely for Mage Killing...

I think that's the only viable or achievable target until the day the developers ensure Archer's base attack matches the other two classes...
                  Yea, and I heard they "nerf" archers' crit rate/value every patch... which just makes archers even worse than they already are.

on my server, we're REALLY short on archer for MPD runs,

I think we only have like 8 archer in the entire server or something (well, ones that can do MPDs)

A lot of archers are rerolling mages to play now, and can be seen on forum with ppls posting their new mages.

Comment

Thank you for your ideas. looks like the idea that is most popular is a wd archer. I will post results so stay tuned. and feel free to give me more ideas thanks and may you have luck in all of your journies
                    "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Pretty simple, keep the % of the ruthlessness BELOW THE % of your crit base (Determination) and if you crit, the ruthlessness doesn't cut ur power if it goes low.
                      I think determination simply makes your crits hit for 1.5*(determination bonus) damage. So lvl 7 determ would make you crit for 1.5*1.35=2.025 damage. It doesn't interfere with ruthlessness in any way. If you have lvl 3 Ruthlessness you would hit for 69%-131% of your average damage, or crit for 140%-265%.
                      Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
                      Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
                        Yea, OP did say he's "crazy" LOL....
                        no sane archer would use WD, but crazy ones would.
                        there's a difference between crazy and stupid
                        IGN: AncientEvil
                        Server: EU-271+merged
                        Class: Archer
                        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                          I think determination simply makes your crits hit for 1.5*(determination bonus) damage. So lvl 7 determ would make you crit for 1.5*1.35=2.025 damage. It doesn't interfere with ruthlessness in any way. If you have lvl 3 Ruthlessness you would hit for 69%-131% of your average damage, or crit for 140%-265%.
                          Haven't done the math, but it seems to work if you keep your ruthless % under your det %. My mage almost always does max crit + ruthless when I keep her that way. Mind you thats at wb and I don't bother playing crit mage anywhere else as I use my Illusion and Block astral everywhere else. That's just what one of our top archers told us to do and it seems to work. Test it and see for yourself, I tend to get more with my little lvl 3 purple ruthless at 9% and a lvl 5 det than just using det by itself. Hard to tell though as my crit rate is only around 2400 so I don't crit enough to tell. I need to max out my crit again, but that won't be for a while since CW is coming up soon again, however, I tend to end up with more gold/daru at the end of wb with my ruthless than without, not sure how much though, haven't kept stats.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

well i did WD+Rutlessness with archer i had level 59 archer pve set, it seems to be good, but critical matter for archers, I won't say WD idea is bad it also give decent damage, and also save your 1 slot for astral by ignoring the sniper and determination, it doesn't bring much differece
                            I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                            and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

that's really a great & crazy idea

Comment

Do some MPDs like GOD, GOD NM, TL and MD solo

Comment

Working...
                                X