This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
    As with any other thread on the forum, if the author steps up and proves they wrote the post that was copied, the person who posted it is given the opportunity to credit their source. Refusal to credit your source is what will get the thread removed at the original author's request.

As I said in the pm to you, please properly credit your source.
    Really? where's the forum rule that says that? I didn't know forum posts were equivalent to wikipedia where you need to make referrences for anything you write.
    A forum post is not copyrighted or protected by law, so plagiarism does not apply.

Comment

Did the original author say anything against this post? From what it seems the author is fine with it (as he was communicating with winlord) and might prefer to stay anonymous).
      Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
      Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
        Really? where's the forum rule that says that? I didn't know forum posts were equivalent to wikipedia where you need to make referrences for anything you write.
        A forum post is not copyrighted or protected by law, so plagiarism does not apply.
        Your account, and everything you post here, is the property of R2Games and falls under the R2 copyrights. It's the same for every site.

Just to clarify for everyone else, all I asked was for credit to be given to the author. The author requested credit or removal. Because the content was taken word for word from the site the author posted it on, it does fall under plagiarism, and we have removed posts for plagiarism before. It's not a made up rule- everything posted here is subject to R2's approval, as indicated in the Terms of Service.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Originally posted by anichaos View Post
          isn't forum also moderated by R2 employees?
          The Kongregate forums are subject only to Kongregate's rules of conduct, so if a player posts something on it that doesn't break Kong's rules, then we will leave it up, until such point that the thread is being derailed or players are being offensive to each other. So if you see posts allowed on there that aren't allowed on here, this is why. That thread has been up since June 23rd, and was copied word for word, so if the original author did send a message to mods on here, I'm not surprised.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
            serious?? is it so hard for u to say where u got this from?? people will still say thank u for sharing this info....
            • S69 - Corftey ravine
            • H4D3S
            • lvl 76 archer
            • 103k br

Comment

Originally posted by MemoryLane View Post
              Your account, and everything you post here, is the property of R2Games and falls under the R2 copyrights. It's the same for every site.

Just to clarify for everyone else, all I asked was for credit to be given to the author. The author requested credit or removal. Because the content was taken word for word from the site the author posted it on, it does fall under plagiarism, and we have removed posts for plagiarism before. It's not a made up rule- everything posted here is subject to R2's approval, as indicated in the Terms of Service.
              an fyi the author got it from another author and so goes on he should give credit to previous author too

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                an fyi the author got it from another author and so goes on he should give credit to previous author too
                Ya, leave it, their logic is flawed.
                I removed the post anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
                  Have the original author send me a pm on here or on kong with proof that they wrote it and I'll request our poster do the same. If you can give me the source showing it is a different date and author, I'll ask them myself. I am not a fan of people posting things other people have written and claiming it's their own post.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenfireflygirl View Post
                    Have the original author send me a pm on here or on kong with proof that they wrote it and I'll request our poster do the same. If you can give me the source showing it is a different date and author, I'll ask them myself. I am not a fan of people posting things other people have written and claiming it's their own post.
                    I have NEVER claimed it was my own post, I have repeatedly said on this thread that there's a SOURCE I wasn't willing to reveal but can easily be found on google.
                    Check yourself before speaking again.

Comment

• I memorized the info and can always google - thanks for the post anyways.
                      Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

• The fact we nid to go other site other forum to read info on regarding what this forum should be giving infos on this version of wartune
                        is a testament
                        At how bad R2 is in terms of relasing infos update infos and the mods control over a massive amount of infos that could
                        lessen the load of players
                        Before u blast players for not obeying or even to the point of deleting informations with questionable sources of intel
                        Ask urself
                        How did this forum do ?

Comment

• Forum mods are just doing their job, they aren't responsible for r2's actions though.
                          Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

• Originally posted by Galvon View Post
                            Forum mods are just doing their job, they aren't responsible for r2's actions though.
                            Their job is to enforce the forum rules, not make up ** rules just to please R2.

Comment

• Even if you don't delete it yourself, they will delete it for you if it pleases them.
                              Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
                              [No longer logging in]

Comment

• If you want, you can just reword the entire content with your own word but still give it the same meaning so the content does not change.

Thus making what you posted your original post, and thus become your own source where you do not require any "permission"

Comment

Working...
                                X