No announcement yet.

Seriously, Class War.....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh I lost first 3 (actually won one because autoattacking is OP, had to take off gear afterwards), and the next like 5 were all low level/much weaker players.
    Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
    Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

I did much better by losing first three. Wonder if I should try to lose first five next time (I'm kinda weak...) Unless they fix this.
      [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
      [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
        I did much better by losing first three. Wonder if I should try to lose first five next time (I'm kinda weak...) Unless they fix this.
        they fixing this so wont matter..so go ahead and try it again ^_^

Comment

Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
          they fixing this so wont matter..so go ahead and try it again ^_^
          Yeah, I hope they do. I tend to agree with the op, the system now is silly. I decided to strip for first three this time since I entered last cw and my friend - same class and approximately same strength - made more points than me by afking all 15 fights. That sort of put the nail in the coffin for me
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

I'm far stronger than the last 2 class wars, yet I believe I received even less points this time. Mostly because I won more in the beginning (little choice really, was given easy opponents), and lost the last few. Many guild members with much lower br and level than me ended up with more points.

Comment

Well that definitely won't help you to get into finals as you will end up with 3400 points even if you win every other match, which is most likely not enough. The difference in points isn't very significant (on average) so doing this just for glory crystals is kinda pointless if you don't get a shot at finals.
              Rivx - 66 Mage (78k BR) / 38 Archer (21k BR) @ Kabam S32 |
              Games: Dota 2, SC II, Dark Souls, Skyrim, WoW, D3, PoE

Comment

It isn't pointless if you figure you can't get into the finals anyway.

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

cw is ***** up.....u can win only if u close to 100k br............why this started.......only for few if u cannnot make...u need high br which only few can make not everyone

Comment

Class wars.... Means you fight your class, your whole class. If your not 100th strongest in your class you aint going to get in top 100 are you? Stop crying and get stronger :P

Those who say its stupid, are stupid, i rather be able to attempt it and get small rewards, then none at all -_- Don't blame the game for your short comings.

Comment

Someone I know missed the first 4 battles, then won the next 11 matches. Didn't make finals.

I fought with everything I had. I lost 4 battles. I made it to finals.

Moral of the story: Do what you believe is better for you. The saying that losing intentionally earlier gives you easier opponents later is probably true, but that still doesn't guarantee you a passage into the finals over fighting it out seriously. At the end of the day, if you don't have enough points, you're out. Simple as that.
                      [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                      Frostie
                      Mage
                      VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by d07.RiV View Post
                        Well that definitely won't help you to get into finals as you will end up with 3400 points even if you win every other match, which is most likely not enough. The difference in points isn't very significant (on average) so doing this just for glory crystals is kinda pointless if you don't get a shot at finals.
                        3400 points on West Coast servers and you'll most likely get into finals (Mage). I got 3490, and I placed 28th.

The tricky part is winning the remaining 11. You (A general you, not really you, the poster) will not be the only one with this 'strategy'. Depending on your luck, you'll meet with the other like-minded folks who will be trying to win the remaining 10/11 as well. Not as straightforward as some make it out to be.
                        [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                        Frostie
                        Mage
                        VictisHNR

Comment

if u rly wanna get in top 100 and u are 80k+ br u just have to lose first 3 fight.....not my fould that they wanna win all the fights and in last 5 they get agains the top players with 100k+ br...is ther decision what strategy the use + there are other things that are related to strategy like skills ,runes etc who can decide a fight
                          Server: 128 (Facebook)
                          Player Name: LeGe
                          Player Level: 71 - Talents lvl83 / Holy Seal lvl 71 so don't even think about stunning me:P
                          Player Class: Archer
                          Honor Title: Imperial Commander
                          Battle Rating : 97386
                          Guild Name: Asylum
                          Sylph: Gaia - 4 stars

Comment

Originally posted by FrostieTheSnowman View Post
                            Someone I know missed the first 4 battles, then won the next 11 matches. Didn't make finals.

I fought with everything I had. I lost 4 battles. I made it to finals.

Moral of the story: Do what you believe is better for you. The saying that losing intentionally earlier gives you easier opponents later is probably true, but that still doesn't guarantee you a passage into the finals over fighting it out seriously. At the end of the day, if you don't have enough points, you're out. Simple as that.
                            Missing is different than Losing. Losing still gets you points. Missing battles gets you none. Missing the 1st fight is about as bad as losing the 1st 2.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                              Missing is different than Losing. Losing still gets you points. Missing battles gets you none. Missing the 1st fight is about as bad as losing the 1st 2.
                              Correct. If he had lost the first 4 as opposed to missing them completely, he would have made it.

However, it is also true that from among the pool of 'easier opponents' left in the remaining 11 or 12 matches, he would almost definitely face people who are using the same lose-at-start-get-easier-draws-later strategy. Some would be way below his level, while some would crush him. At the end of the day, it's still the luck of the draw.
                              [S1] Temple of Ibalize
                              Frostie
                              Mage
                              VictisHNR

Comment

Originally posted by LeGeNdZzZz1 View Post
                                if u rly wanna get in top 100 and u are 80k+ br u just have to lose first 3 fight.....not my fould that they wanna win all the fights and in last 5 they get agains the top players with 100k+ br...is ther decision what strategy the use + there are other things that are related to strategy like skills ,runes etc who can decide a fight
                                False, made it into top 100 all times but 1 (in which i was forced to play 2 chars simultaneusly causing me to lose my chance) I just hitted 80k a few days before cw.
                                I jave never lost on purpose, you risk to much in doing so. A single lose will destroy your plan.

Comment

Working...
                                X