Which set

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which set

K I got the full PVP set and the full PVE set legendary. I'm level 59 atm. With the legendary set, I basically get 53.8K BR w/o the brooch and the hat. The robe and the staff are fully socketed. I still need some 6 rods to fully socket the set. However, they do less damage than the PVP set does. So basically, which one should I use? (I'm keeping both). And which one should I socket? Normal BR w/ full academy boost: 51.1K BR. (Staff, Armor, and Brooch got 2 sockets only each). PVE Legendary BR w/ full academy boost (Only 2 pieces): 53.8K BR. Fully socketed however they do less damage.

Name:Illuminatic
    Server:
    250 Willow Brook
    Character: Mage
    Level: 64
    Battle Rating: 103,722
    Guild: OverKill

Imo the legend set always, always, always trumps the PvP set. Yes, a little less damage perhaps, but the rage gain and the way you can spam skills easily makes up for that.
    Someone once said the PvP set is better for fights that last 1-2 rounds. Any fight longer than that: PvE (legend). Seeing your BR (though not the lowest in your bracket, it's certainly not the highest), fights you're in will last longer than 3 rounds. The rage from the PvE set is crucial then. PvE all the way, babeh.

Comment

53.8K isnt high? I thought it was :/
      Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
      Imo the legend set always, always, always trumps the PvP set. Yes, a little less damage perhaps, but the rage gain and the way you can spam skills easily makes up for that.
      Someone once said the PvP set is better for fights that last 1-2 rounds. Any fight longer than that: PvE (legend). Seeing your BR (though not the lowest in your bracket, it's certainly not the highest), fights you're in will last longer than 3 rounds. The rage from the PvE set is crucial then. PvE all the way, babeh.

Name:Illuminatic
      Server:
      250 Willow Brook
      Character: Mage
      Level: 64
      Battle Rating: 103,722
      Guild: OverKill

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatic-S250 View Post
        it is high enough for your level. stick with PVE even if not fully socketed, you will be able to damage and heal at the same time, which is optimal for BG fights
        IGN: AncientEvil
        Server: EU-271+merged
        Class: Archer
        Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Always the point of the sets in a debate, one does more damage then the other, but the other lets you spam skills. As mage, PvE will save your butt in so many fights it's not funny. So i go for PvE set
          Wartune's Cookie is retired. In game drama and Cashing is outrageous. Enjoy peeps!

Server: [S242] Whitecrown- IGN: Cookie - Guild: DevilsGate - Class: Sorcerer - VIP: level 7 - Set: Heroic/Imperial - level: 71 - BR: 2.06 mil - Angel: lvl 80 Eostre

Comment

Originally posted by CreamySaucepan View Post
            I said that and it's true. PvP set is for short PvP battles as the name implies. But the higher you level, the longer a fight lasts and the more rage u eventually will need to come out on top.
            PvP set is good if you quickly need a boost, but if you have PvE set, don't even bother keeping the PvP set, it's rubbish.
            Also don't forget while the PvE set has less damage, it has more defense so it cancels that difference out more or less.
            Player Class: Archer
            Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
              I said that and it's true. PvP set is for short PvP battles as the name implies. But the higher you level, the longer a fight lasts and the more rage u eventually will need to come out on top.
              PvP set is good if you quickly need a boost, but if you have PvE set, don't even bother keeping the PvP set, it's rubbish.
              Also don't forget while the PvE set has less damage, it has more defense so it cancels that difference out more or less.
              keeping PvP set is good cause it looks are AWESOME

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatic-S250 View Post
                Didn't say it's not high, I said it's not the highest. There are level <60 players with 72+K BR in this bracket that you will face. At lvl 60+ it only gets worse.

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                I said that and it's true.
                *thumbs up* And *\*^_^*/* for Manly Purple!

Comment

LOL! 50k BR only? I have a knight in my server with 60k BR at lvl 54 and he doesn't have legend. <.<
                  Anyway, go for legend. Quick rage gain is always good. What's the point of having high damage if you can't use your skills cause of low rage?

Comment

the answer is that the pvp set will server you mostly in arena battle and maybe in BG, just due to the short battle time. Otherwise a legend set will always be appropriate, especially for mage since the rage requirements for healing and dps.

When i got my full 60 set, i sold my pvp gear. Up to that point i used 55 pvp primarily. At 60 set or 50 legend, the pvp gear doesn't have a full time use anymore. And a full stone and legend 60 set, no more discussion about pvp gear.

BTW: BR is only part of the story, mage's rise above just BR ratings with Fire and Lightening..... ok with AoE's.

JalexGiaWolf
                    65 Mage
                    Server 253
                    Guild: Introspect

" Healing is my speciality ... and i have cookies! ..."

Comment

Working...
                    X