Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Class Balance

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Class Balance

I'm a little concerned with the new Advanced skills and the addition of Advanced PATK. Considering how damage is calculated, doesn't this further tip the balance in favor of archers and warriors against mages in pvp?

Consider the following:

Damage = (Attack – Defense)/2 with the damage range being 10% below or above (90% to 110%) - This means mages at all levels will be taking more damage from both classes. While this may not be a big deal when everyone is sporting legendary gear, it further makes mages more difficult early on. Don't forget, both warriors and archers have a nice skill that increases their hp, while mages continue to have (and continue to receive with updates) the overly worthless and stupid % chance to reduce rage. (I've said it before, this is a nonsense skill that is unreliable, especially at 8%).

I can see with the new changes mages have an obvious advantage on the world boss, that's the only reason I can see for the addition of Advanced PATK. What about the rest of the community mages at lower levels and pvp? 50% of the game is spent in pvp while only about 10% is world boss.

A more balanced change would have been to reduce the magic damage taken by the world bosses and be done with it.

Originally posted by R21824818 View Post
    I'm a little concerned with the new Advanced skills and the addition of Advanced PATK. Considering how damage is calculated, doesn't this further tip the balance in favor of archers and warriors against mages in pvp?

Consider the following:

Damage = (Attack – Defense)/2 with the damage range being 10% below or above (90% to 110%) - This means mages at all levels will be taking more damage from both classes. While this may not be a big deal when everyone is sporting legendary gear, it further makes mages more difficult early on. Don't forget, both warriors and archers have a nice skill that increases their hp, while mages continue to have (and continue to receive with updates) the overly worthless and stupid % chance to reduce rage. (I've said it before, this is a nonsense skill that is unreliable, especially at 8%).

I can see with the new changes mages have an obvious advantage on the world boss, that's the only reason I can see for the addition of Advanced PATK. What about the rest of the community mages at lower levels and pvp? 50% of the game is spent in pvp while only about 10% is world boss.

A more balanced change would have been to reduce the magic damage taken by the world bosses and be done with it.
    Are mages better in WB? I used to be consistently 4th-7th, now 12th-15th and the only non-archers that scratch the top ten are using revives.

Comment

Originally posted by zirc00 View Post
      Are mages better in WB? I used to be consistently 4th-7th, now 12th-15th and the only non-archers that scratch the top ten are using revives.
      Before the changes there was a mix of archers and mages, and I heard archers complaining about them taking a double hit from them on the wb? You'd have to ask an archer though, I'm not really sure of what the issue is or why the changes, my concern is for insignia mages need while leveling. That's what it all really boils down to. Myself, I'm now forced to not level, not play and enjoy all of the things the game has to offer because my battle rating has fallen behind while my leveling has not. I'm not sure how long I will want to stick around playing a game I cannot really play. All I do now is a donation of gold every day to astrals or guild, maybe upgrade a gem or 2 and it's pretty boring not being able to participate in dungeons. R2 needs to give us an XP on and off switch.

More to your point, I guess it depends on the server your on. I'm on S2 and the top 10 is all mages on wb here, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by R21824818 View Post
        Before the changes there was a mix of archers and mages, and I heard archers complaining about them taking a double hit from them on the wb? You'd have to ask an archer though, I'm not really sure of what the issue is or why the changes, my concern is for insignia mages need while leveling. That's what it all really boils down to. Myself, I'm now forced to not level, not play and enjoy all of the things the game has to offer because my battle rating has fallen behind while my leveling has not. I'm not sure how long I will want to stick around playing a game I cannot really play. All I do now is a donation of gold every day to astrals or guild, maybe upgrade a gem or 2 and it's pretty boring not being able to participate in dungeons. R2 needs to give us an XP on and off switch.

More to your point, I guess it depends on the server your on. I'm on S2 and the top 10 is all mages on wb here, nothing else.
        Hmm that is odd. I am usually the top mage (if someone else isn't using revives) but archers with 15k BR lower are placing above me in WB.

Comment

What level are you?
          Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Advanced tech only unlocks at 50+ and is dependent on academy lvl.

So a 40+ can still get leg gear before getting 50+.

I have no problems currently, as i beat the same archers/knights with advance tech.
            Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

Originally posted by Galvon View Post
              Advanced tech only unlocks at 50+ and is dependent on academy lvl.

So a 40+ can still get leg gear before getting 50+.

I have no problems currently, as i beat the same archers/knights with advance tech.
              Ah good point, I missed that, ty for clearing that up.

Comment

i dont see how the second academy page gives any advantage to knights/archers over mages. sure, patk from academy gives a higher bonus than pdef but the same goes for matk and mdef. troop count and strength will favour mages more than other classes.

Comment

You are only talking about WB.
                  How about BG, where mages get more MATK to wipe out knights troops easier?
                  How about troop count and troop HP, which helps archers and mages shield themselves against knights?

The second page in academy may not give enormous advantage to any class, but it definetely made knights' life harder.

Comment

Really, now mages complain? I still see mages dominate everything, maybe you don't spec right. Mages and Knights still dominate all but WB.
                    Player Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

i'm a mage and i'm not complaining
                      Character name: Silence

Class: mage.

Server: 490.

Level 44.

Comment

As a mage I can't complain about the academy, but those iris syphs are scarry . I heard that they might have aoe heal at lvl 55...that means that mages can be ditched in some places

Iris also advantages more archers and knights in pvp fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Draggyy View Post
                          As a mage I can't complain about the academy, but those iris syphs are scarry . I heard that they might have aoe heal at lvl 55...that means that mages can be ditched in some places

Iris also advantages more archers and knights in pvp fight...
                          mages out of PvE? its not like iris has survival,remption talent+suntoria,no no having a mage will be easier since we are just that awesome

Comment

As a mage, The academy is not what you should worry about...

You should worry about the knight that can heal twice and AoE twice, Then jump out of his transformation after your thunderer, and EDD you into 50% Damage

Thats scary.

Comment

Originally posted by TheTylerLee1 View Post
                              As a mage, The academy is not what you should worry about...

You should worry about the knight that can heal twice and AoE twice, Then jump out of his transformation after your thunderer, and EDD you into 50% Damage

Thats scary.
                              kill troops transform sylph heal troop ,deluge strike and then just archeron their as s

Comment

Working...
                              X