• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JULZZZZZ2
    started a topic Mage in patch 2.1

Mage in patch 2.1

Hi Guys

For me this new patch make mage class easy to kill,

Archer and knight (same BR) clear our troop fast With aoe + sylph, BL and resto cant cover our troop,

When our trrop gone 90% lose for us,

Any advice for me, or u guys dont have same problem ?

Sorry my english bad
    Last edited by JULZZZZZ2; 11-13-2013, 08:12 PM.

• buuromania
    replied
    Originally posted by manolo7515 View Post
    I have mage 64k BR (with wheel) and havent found it that much harder if at all to beat archers and knights in BG. In fact on many ocasions its easier. In arena knights with 10k BR more still get beating from me.
    Tell that to my mom, she might belive you

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    3%? armor?last time i checked it was 3% mdef
    That's what it says but not what it does. It's 3% mdef and 3% pdef.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    You all forgot that at the moment sylph awakening is increased by 1000% and it still takes around 5 turns to get that sylph up and running.
    When that bonus awakening is removed it will become much harder to call your sylph, so it won't have as much impact on battles.

Also if you are really concerned about a 5% increase in HP/Mdef look at it this way.
    5% of 100,000hp is only 5000. That is not even enough to withstand 1 extra attack.
    3% of 30,000mdef only works out at another 900 points. Again not enough to influence a battle.

I agree however that for knights at a higher level, the healing ability of Iris will indeed make them invincible.
    5% hp increases sun heal more and 5k hp makes a big diference especially in cw(talking about mages dunno about other classes)

Leave a comment:

• Littlelyseria
    replied
    Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    There is in my opinion a big problem at the moment with the Sylph system which is very detrimental to the mage class. In fact, there are several.

First of all, it makes a lot of sense for a mage to carry a Physical sylph in order to punish other mages in BG while the troops are gone. In the same way it favors a physical to carry a magical sylph against other physicals.

Problem is that the Pan sylph is significantly worse than the Iris sylph, not to mention the Apollo sylph, and those are both magical. Nobody in their right mind would favor a 5% HP increase over 3% Armor.

Furthermore the Sylphs do not offer the mages anything other than what they already have. Healing, AoE. This is exactly what the physicals are lacking. Especially healing, for a knight. The addition of the AoE combined with the healing power of the Iris, I feel, will threaten to make knights seriously overpowered when we get to see sylphs at higher levels.

Summarily a mage may need to level two strong sylphs while a physical can make do with just one. Thus our sylphs would be weaker and we don't need them very much anyway (yeah, well, except for the fact that they are seriously overpowered already so everyone needs one.)

That's my initial thought about this.
    Well i dont know what to think about that pan "sucks", i got a green lv51 right now with 740 endurance and i get 11.5k hp just by equipping it lol, maybe for cashers hp isnt a big deal but for me every bit really counts (specially for CW), not to mention vs other mages its attacks are really devastating.

Vs knights or archers i basically never awaken because of their higher pdef rating and since im mage, i got everything else covered lol. Maybe in the future if i get a blue iris while farming ill use her sometimes but right now, i see pan as a big choice for mage imo.

Leave a comment:

• KarrdeThuun
    replied
    Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
    You all forgot that at the moment sylph awakening is increased by 1000% and it still takes around 5 turns to get that sylph up and running.
    When that bonus awakening is removed it will become much harder to call your sylph, so it won't have as much impact on battles.
    The bonus buff to awakening is for level 1-54 because you get it already permanently at level 55.

Leave a comment:

• Billy_McF
    replied

Also if you are really concerned about a 5% increase in HP/Mdef look at it this way.
    5% of 100,000hp is only 5000. That is not even enough to withstand 1 extra attack.
    3% of 30,000mdef only works out at another 900 points. Again not enough to influence a battle.

I agree however that for knights at a higher level, the healing ability of Iris will indeed make them invincible.

Leave a comment:

• kreatorrul
    replied
    i only hope the scrolls will be in shop not in mistery shop ...

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    Originally posted by krackenker View Post
    If I dont remember wrong you can get AoE heal on Iris when we can buy and further unlock skills.
    isnt that what i sayd?thou we cant know the price needed to get it sincewe needsrolls which can be brought with balens only i think

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Originally posted by S44-ZEREF View Post
    3%? armor?last time i checked it was 3% mdef...also when awaken mode iris does patk if the one using is knight/archer,pan worse then iris?simply no it all depends in what way people like to play game,knights overpowered?if they get the iris aoe heal then yes BUT overpower archers only which they already do
    If I dont remember wrong you can get AoE heal on Iris when we can buy and further unlock skills.

Leave a comment:

• S44-ZEREF
    replied
    3%? armor?last time i checked it was 3% mdef...also when awaken mode iris does patk if the one using is knight/archer,pan worse then iris?simply no it all depends in what way people like to play game,knights overpowered?if they get the iris aoe heal then yes BUT overpower archers only which they already do

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoldering View Post
    And what if some peoples, like me, who are mage. Prefer those 5% hp?
    Don't judge too early.

Every situation differ.
    I'd say with respect that you'd be in a clear minority and that only answered a very small bit of the argument I was making.

Leave a comment:

• Smoldering
    replied
    And what if some peoples, like me, who are mage. Prefer those 5% hp?
    Don't judge too early.

Every situation differ.

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    There is in my opinion a big problem at the moment with the Sylph system which is very detrimental to the mage class. In fact, there are several.

First of all, it makes a lot of sense for a mage to carry a Physical sylph in order to punish other mages in BG while the troops are gone. In the same way it favors a physical to carry a magical sylph against other physicals.

Problem is that the Pan sylph is significantly worse than the Iris sylph, not to mention the Apollo sylph, and those are both magical. Nobody in their right mind would favor a 5% HP increase over 3% Armor.

Furthermore the Sylphs do not offer the mages anything other than what they already have. Healing, AoE. This is exactly what the physicals are lacking. Especially healing, for a knight. The addition of the AoE combined with the healing power of the Iris, I feel, will threaten to make knights seriously overpowered when we get to see sylphs at higher levels.

Summarily a mage may need to level two strong sylphs while a physical can make do with just one. Thus our sylphs would be weaker and we don't need them very much anyway (yeah, well, except for the fact that they are seriously overpowered already so everyone needs one.)

That's my initial thought about this.

Leave a comment:

• krackenker
    replied
    Not much diff, even easier honestly. They all want those iris heal or appollo nuke which just pokes me, the stat boosts do not favour us as right now every1 does more dmg than the small amount of extra TC can cover, but large boosts still helps me as I generally can now take a full Edd or Ds, if they are not dead by then.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X