Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Problem: sajan/sianlord/Hyzio

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
    Actually what I am saying is that no intent of murder or violence has actually been expressed based off of the names this person has given their Sylphs. What they ARE doing is taking an action with the intent of it being inflammatory and evoking a response. That is not violence. If it were then small children dressing up as vampires (a fictitious monster derived from the legends of an EXTREMELY violent Eastern European nobleman) would be no different. The ONLY reason why this is offensive or even linked to violence is because of the contemporary nature of the subject matter. If Hitler or the Holocaust had taken place 1000 years ago rather than less than 100 we likely wouldn't even be having this conversation because MOST of the people playing this game would have NO CLUE who the hell Hitler was. Until I see Sylphs named "ShootSoAndSoInTheFace" there is absolutely no reason for me to have any true concern.

Also keep in mind that before R2 could ban someone with any sense of legitimacy behind it (not that they require any legitimacy with the TOS worded as it is) they would have to also lock the ability to name your Sylphs.

I would also like to mention that, since I am on the same server as the individuals involved, I know that these individuals have had a long history of harassing EACH OTHER. It is not simply a one way street and both parties are guilty of "offending" the other.
    I understand you and you do make a point. However, what is the difference of naming your sylph jewsonfire or shootsoandsointheface? Just bc one is pointing at someone particular makes it any different than talking about a group of people? I already stated that naming a pet hilter or adolf or something is not that bad but it's close to crossing the line. However, it is still within the line though. Naming something as horrible as wanting to kill a group of people or something that is related to that horrible act other than just the name of the person. Is just plain uncalled for. No matter what though regardless of what one feels or not. The moral thing to do is just not do it and also not to try to justify there actions by saying what they are doing is alright thing to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by 0xykotton View Post
      I understand you and you do make a point. However, what is the difference of naming your sylph jewsonfire or shootsoandsointheface? Just bc one is pointing at someone particular makes it any different than talking about a group of people? I already stated that naming a pet hilter or adolf or something is not that bad but it's close to crossing the line. However, it is still within the line though. Naming something as horrible as wanting to kill a group of people or something that is related to that horrible act other than just the name of the person. Is just plain uncalled for. No matter what though regardless of what one feels or not. The moral thing to do is just not do it and also not to try to justify there actions by saying what they are doing is alright thing to do.
      That is the problem, they havent crossed the line yet. Nothing can be done about it.
      Oh, in case someone finally crossed the line, we heave mods ready with their banhammer.

Originally posted by TheGuardingDark View Post
      I am enjoying it because I get to tease myself with my moderator buttons...

Just waiting for that perfect moment when they properly step out of line and

*BHAM*
      Last edited by Arlad; 11-21-2013, 10:33 PM.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• Originally posted by Arlad View Post
        That is the problem, they havent crossed the line yet. Nothing can be done about it.
        Oh, in case someone finally crossed the line, we heave mods ready with their banhammer.
        Saying jewonfire is crossing the line. Naming your pet Hitler is almost there but naming it something as offensive as burning people is overboard. It be like me naming my pet gaysaregoing to hell or using derogatory names for other races.

Comment

See that's just it. I am not in any way "justifying" the actions of anyone. I am simply pointing out the truth that no crime has been committed and ultimately this thread should never have been created since it is a circumstance meant for an in-game ticket. I am also attempting to bring some sense of logical reasoning into a conversation rife with emotion.

In response to your question regarding whether advocating violence against a single person or a group is different I actually believe it is. Let's assume that the JewOnFire name was more than just a distasteful attempt at eliciting an angry response and the person in question really does believe that the acts perpetrated during the Holocaust were justified and should be repeated. The fact is that there is VERY little chance they, as one person using that name for a pet, have the capability or even the motivation necessary to make something on such a massive scale, reality. They COULD feasibly be able to orchestrate limited acts of violence against a VERY small portion of the group that their belief system tells them are the "enemy" but there is ultimately nothing that gives such a theory any type of substance. A person naming an individual and blatantly stating a wish to kill them specifically carries much more weight as it not only shows a focused intent but is much more in the realm of possibility for the average person.

Just to be clear my initial motivation for posting on this thread was in response to people who specifically expressed a wish that the Sajan/Sianlord/Hyzio personality and their family be killed or beaten severely in response to the naming of their pets in this game no matter how "morally wrong" they may view them to be.
          Patryn
          Twisted
          S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
          "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Saying jewonfire is crossing the line. Naming your pet Hitler is almost there but naming it something as offensive as burning people is overboard. It be like me naming my pet gaysaregoing to hell or using derogatory names for other races.
            note that "on fire" could mean "excited". As long we don't have enough evidence that it was meant to be "burning", we cannot do anything about it.

heck, i dont think people will be banned for naming their pets JuiceDestroyer because it had no direct implication on certain group.
            on the other hand, Hitler can be used for fun names like AdolfHipster and such.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

• lol i could name a sylph gaschamber, like to see someone prove has anything to do with jews, just a name and just words if people don't like it, tough!
              this thread should have been closed ages ago since it's against forum rules.
              also would just like to say that this thread has helped spawn many more such names, so good job, and keep getting offended
              Last edited by Eldredd; 11-22-2013, 03:22 AM.

Comment

• player character names or sylph names that are against the ToS or collide with any religion or is just immoral due to certain events in the past should be avoided.
                if such name is found, they can be reported through the ticket system. the GM´s will determine if indeed these names are inappropriate and takes actions if needed.

any other inappropriate slander faced against the player itself which again is against the ToS (you all agreed on once signed to make this account) should be reported also.

now people need to realize that this is a multi national game with many different religions, languages and beliefs. we need to leave people alone and respect them
                if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
                then click on support

Comment

• should have a competition - how many people can u offend just by naming pets

Comment

• offending people isn't a sport so i would like to ask you to stop with your current way of posting
                    if you or anyone has further questions please feel free to PM me or any other moderator.

Kind regards Liquid_oxygen

then click on ¨click here¨
                    then click on support

Comment

Working...
                    X