This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seeking Astral Advice

So I've come into possession of a few purple/orange Astrals and I'm not quite sure how useful they would be. For clarity's sake, I'm a level 36 Archer. The Astrals are:

Soul of Grace Lv. 1
    EXP 0/150
    Disables crit damage when attacking, but damage is increased by 5%

Killer's Determination Lv. 1
    EXP 0/100
    Crit base damage increased by 3%

Prophet's Guard Lv. 1
    EXP 0/100
    Chance of receiving crit reduced by -3%

Unbending Will Lv. 2
    EXP 350/600
    10% Chance to gain 400 HP when attacking

My thoughts on them are as follows:
    Soul of Grace - As an Archer I seem to critical fairly often, so I have the impression this would lower my average damage in a drawn out fight. Probably should be fed to another Astral.

Killer's Determination - This one I could see using. Only issue I have atm is that 3% is a small amount, and since I don't do huge amounts of damage to begin with, I don't see any currently used Astrals (HP, PATK, PDEF) I could replace it with. Maybe something to hang onto for future open slots and upgrade it to increase the %.

Prophet's Guard - Similar to Killer's Determination, not something to be used yet but maybe for the future.

Unbending Will - I haven't used this one yet, but if I'm reading this right this would be 400 HP healing chance per hit? Decent, but since I get hit for more than that each round this would need some serious upgrading to be effective. So I'm on the fence on whether to keep this one or just feed it to another Astral.

One of my issues is space, I can't hold onto all of these and hope to keep rolling for more Astrals. I already have a few others in storage (Block, Critical, MDEF), so only have 1 slot free atm for upgrading any of the current ones. So am I off base on my understanding of the usefulness of these Astrals? Any suggestions as to which would work out best and which I could use as food for the others?

Thanks.

not a ranger. but i read somewhere rangers have a skill that adds 5 rage per every crit they get. so ya that one which disables crit prob wouldn't be good if you have that skill or aiming for it. the "chance of recieving crit reduc by %" seems like it might be better choice, since-there is always going to be a lot of atk's directed at you. i took a block astral over a crit one because it gives more chances for it to work. seeing that i only get 1-2 hits a round an when fighting other ppl. they get lots of atks.
    the regen and increase of crit dmg seem nice as well. i'd go for more stuff that has boosts like "pdef, mdef, Matk/patk. etc etc" since like i stated before it gives more bang for its buck an more chances for them to be useful in many situations.
    what i did with my mage is used academy and astrals to make up for weak pdef naturally due to class. and now i can pvp knights, rangers or mages.
    there seems to be a rule with astrals as well. can't put a type of same type into the equip section. i'm guessing when the astral is fully unlocked due to level. we will be able to have nearly one of each astral or close. so i'd say, go with whatever helps you the most in battle.

Comment

I've used search, read the beginner guides, even read about it here: Astro Guide - but I'm still left needing to ask a few questions.

The 'astral button' is not available to me, is it based on class, level or just become available when you get an astral?

Where/how do you get astrals? All I've seen in-game is 'buy them". Is is an item shop-only item, or is it done with in-game gold?

Comment

Killers Determination is the one to keep and use out of all you mentioned. As you said 3% is not much, and it depends on your skill tree. If you were to take the Delphic Sniper path with added crit rate, that's 23%, now, if you add that along with your character stats, and if you level that astral up, I can see worth sticking that in. But until then PATK astrals are the ones until you level that higher than 3%

and editing my post, the post below me says not to level it up?! What? What can beat an overpowered archer by being more overpowered?! I don't see your logic! Go level Killers Determination and add it in! At +12% your normal attacks are practically all crits by then
        Last edited by autlos; 09-05-2012, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Soul of Grace: Sure that thing is pretty useless for any class i would say because i am using as a mage critical too and i deal because of that sure more damage then +5% i think i deal around 25% more damage with crits or even more.

Killer`s Determination: Just dont upgrade this thing.. lvl 4 it`s already +12% and the archers are already more then enough overpowered!

Prophet`s Guard: Well that`s as useless as the bonus from the trinket set... the archers keep critting that amount is just too small

Unbending Will: That thing would really need a upgrade to be usefull i would give it a 20% Chance everyone would have profit from that because it`s of use for every class

But when i would be you i would take Killer`s Determination or Pattack and upgrade it

Comment

Originally posted by R23205900 View Post
            I've used search, read the beginner guides, even read about it here: Astro Guide - but I'm still left needing to ask a few questions.

The 'astral button' is not available to me, is it based on class, level or just become available when you get an astral?

Where/how do you get astrals? All I've seen in-game is 'buy them". Is is an item shop-only item, or is it done with in-game gold?
            Double post but whatever, in game gold, astral opens to you at a higher level.

Comment

Originally posted by Mursilis View Post
              Unbending Will Lv. 2
              EXP 350/600
              10% Chance to gain 400 HP when attacking
              This sounds like a great astral for non-healers but 10% is a little low. It should be +800 HP at level 4 and that's not too bad. The orange healing astral (Goddess' Touch) most likely restores 1000-1200 HP at level 4.

Comment

Originally posted by Bachus77 View Post
                This sounds like a great astral for non-healers but 10% is a little low. It should be +800 HP at level 4 and that's not too bad. The orange healing astral (Goddess' Touch) most likely restores 1000-1200 HP at level 4.
                It isn't too bad, but you risk it not proccing at 9/10 shots and in that case, the heal it gives does not make up for the damage you take in those 9 turns

I don't know how that astral levels up, if it's either +% or +amount it heals

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
                  Double post but whatever, in game gold, astral opens to you at a higher level.
                  I appreciate the response, but can anyone provide a little more detail as to the level? I have a level 24 knight, and I can't swear to it, but I thought I saw another class at the same level with astrals. If it has nothing to do with class, then can the exact level be provided as to when the astral panel becomes available? I'm just looking for a concise, definitive answer so in the event the question comes up while in-game, I would be able to help another player.

Not sure if the 'double-post' was directed at me, but if you check my profile, this will make only my fourth distinct post.

Comment

It isn't too bad, but you risk it not proccing at 9/10 shots and in that case, the heal it gives does not make up for the damage you take in those 9 turns

The amount of HP heals goes up, 10% stays. (Level 1 is 10% for 200 HP, Level 2 is 10% for 400 HP....we'll assume it's 10%/800 for Level 4 )

What is the max level for Astrals? I think it's 5? Not sure.

Comment

So far it's been the amount of HP that increases, it's always been at 10% chance. And this was my dilemma, even if I were to multi hit every round, that's still only healing my character once every 5 rounds on average. A defensive Astral would have more chances to be useful, as was mentioned above.

Seems Soul of Grace is as useless as I thought. I can see the point about Prophet's Guard. -3% chance is rather low and I'd rather have PDEF or MDEF instead since those will always be in effect.

Leaning towards keeping Prophet's Guard and feeding the rest into my already in use Astrals.

@R23205900: I can't recall when (as in which level) Astrals became available, but it will be the world looking icon in your bottom taskbar. Just click it and you pay gold for the chance to obtain an Astral. I don't believe class matters in terms of when/if you can use Astrals, should be the same for everyone.

Comment

Originally posted by Bachus77 View Post
                        The amount of HP heals goes up, 10% stays. (Level 1 is 10% for 200 HP, Level 2 is 10% for 400 HP....we'll assume it's 10%/800 for Level 4 )

What is the max level for Astrals? I think it's 5? Not sure.
                        Thanks for the confirmation, but still either way, if level 5 is 1000hp heal 9 turns till a 1000 hp heal is not enough. Totally not worth it. And @Mursilis I completely agree. I guess its better to stick with the basic PATK, PDEF, MATK, or MDEF astrals, imo.
                        Last edited by autlos; 09-05-2012, 01:18 PM.

Comment

i have goddess touch level 3 (10% to heal 1200 hp) and it sucks. 1 full run of bloodlands, it proc 5 times. useless, im an archer too btw
                          Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Originally posted by R23078284 View Post
                            i have goddess touch level 3 (10% to heal 1200 hp) and it sucks. 1 full run of bloodlands, it proc 5 times. useless, im an archer too btw
                            There you go, proof

Comment

i personally think this is a good archer setup.

astrals = patk, crit, crit damage (optional to substitute crit dmg for mdef)

all gems = hp, pdef, patk (optional to substitute patk for mdef)
                              Fuujin - Deputy of Crusaders - S2 - Level 66

Comment

Working...
                              X