Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody has a clear idea on how crit works and what ratios you need?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
    If you are crit, there is no ratio. There is only one thing, GET AS MUCH CRIT AS YOU CAN. thats it.
    Do you know how much defense I lose as an archer, especially mdef (gems) because I have to go for as much crit as I can?
    With sylphs here, I need that mdef, and unlike mages and knights we can't go EWD... We're completely gimped because of it.
    Either we build crit and die quick, or we build mdef and don't do good damage but survive better...
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
      150k br with 10k+ crit and only crit like 60%.
      I wonder how you know that you only crit like 60% of the time?

Originally posted by wateverlar View Post
      critical knight here too 110k br, 3.6k crit. i think it depends on what is your opponents's br stats. weaker one normally crit more.
      My 73k br level 59 knight got 4.3k crit now... I feel like i'm archer... lol... though my pdef is just only 13k and mdef is 11k... My block is 3.4k, while my troop is 1817, hp is 71k... I tank myself in bg, so i'll heal when those templars attack me...

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
        Do you know how much defense I lose as an archer, especially mdef (gems) because I have to go for as much crit as I can?
        With sylphs here, I need that mdef, and unlike mages and knights we can't go EWD... We're completely gimped because of it.
        Either we build crit and die quick, or we build mdef and don't do good damage but survive better...
        or build crit and kill fast

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
          I am not stupid... there is a reason I am not a crit mage yet^^. It is just the truth that you need as high crit as you can get, if you are crit def is mostly a 2ndary option as your def will be weaker, so killing the fast you can is mostly the best option.
          As for how much mdef you lose, the maximum would be ~220*1.6~350 mdef per gem (if you have lvl 6 gem which is the average) An archer usually sacrifices 4-6 mdef gems and 2-4 pdef, that is ~ 1.3-2k mdef and 600-1.2k pdef lost if you use crit gems.

@ on topic:
          After looking at archers and crit mages/knights in bg, ga, mpd, cw, everywhere.
          I would say 5k minimum when closing in on 100k for a decent crit rate in pvp.. specially as it can be easly countered by GA.

Comment

Originally posted by onimad View Post
            150k br with 10k+ crit and only crit like 60%.
            Use v8 crit gems^^ sadly i only see your rate in luni...No time on ga to more xD

_________

Crit Mage 80v
            ~135k Br

_________

Comment

first of all how did they come up with 70% crits to equal EWD effect?

since i dont know how crit + determination works, ill just assume things.

assumption:
              #1 ED and crit works multiplicatively (if someone could pls try this, remove your medals,brutality rune,all other dmg modifiers using autoattack hits then compare the normal dmg and crit dmg)
              #2 Normal Crits without ED give 33% bonus damage
              #3 EWD @ 50% , ED @ 50%
              #4 disabling crit is a minus factor, but let's assume that your crit is 10, with an EWD build. So losing chance to crit is negligible

damage boost of EWD: 1.5
              damage boost of crit: 1.33, x% chance
              damage boost of crit with ED: 1.33*1.5 = 2.0, x% chance

calculate:
              EWD, +50% dmg, 100% chance
              100%*50% = 50% dmg boost

ED, +100%dmg, X% chance, need 50% dmg boost to equal EWD
              X%*100% = 50%
              X = 50%

i calculated 50%, not 70%
              maybe im wrong on my assumptions. So you guys correct me.

Comment

i always thought crit was 50% more damage and determination is additive with the base-critdamage : 150% + 50% = 200% (but multiplicative with other % increases like medal,talents,runes...). but i never tested this. with lvl 10 determination it makes no difference and in both cases its a 50% critchance to equal EWD.
                but if it was 133% + 50% from determination (so only 183% damage with lvl 10 det) then you would need a close to 70% chance to surpass ewd, but that's very unlikely. i believe my critrate at wb is about 70% and im doing clearly better than with ewd.

after some tests with lvl 10 GA (-50% crit chance) i believe it cuts the critchance in half or it takes away 50% of your enemy's crit value. at least it nots like a 50% critchance gets reduced to 0, but rather to 25%. it still makes me doubt if crit can ever surpass ewd in pvp against someone with lvl 10 GA. archers of course have no real choice here but they also get increased critchance and damage through skills and talents. mages have heals which (i suppose) are not affected by GA and EWD but work with Determination, making critheals twice as effective as with EWD.
                my knight is using iris and changed to crit mainly for this reason. without iris i would go back to EWD, yet we see all high lvl chinese knights with crit.... maybe their focus is on PvE?
                Last edited by Setsuna88; 12-22-2013, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TeRiMoNeRi View Post
                  Ok, so the thing is, i am a lvl 74 knight, 104k br. I've been wanting to try out a crit build, i however have no idea how much crit i would need to make it work properly.
                  A friend of mine did the maths and found out i need to crit around 70% of my hits to be dealing more damage then with ewd. At world boss, this is quite easely possible, pvp not so much.
                  I have 4500 crit atm and i believe i hardly crit 50% of the time, wich is obviously far from enough.

If somebody has some more info on this and could provide some help that would be very much appreciated
                  Critical is hard to calculate i have like 5432 and i stop seeing what rate i critical i just see the damage i inflict
                  I'm Cupcaked ! My Account got hacked and some cupcaker sold every thing. Blah !!!
                  and R2 Not helping with restoring the account. Sweet, This is what i put tons of money here .

Comment

I saw some posts saying crit value also increases the crit bonus damage.

Comment

The br have nothing to do with the critical, but the dmg u makes - thats why knights/mages use floating dmg astral to crit. When u face oponent with high defense u not crit. in secong hand some role plays the lag, so refresh often for crits, it helps

Comment

Originally posted by R221678854 View Post
                        The br have nothing to do with the critical, but the dmg u makes - thats why knights/mages use floating dmg astral to crit. When u face oponent with high defense u not crit. in secong hand some role plays the lag, so refresh often for crits, it helps
                        epic answer ) refresh often to crit more

Comment

Originally posted by R221678854 View Post
                          Try having a higher br at wb w/o increasing your crit rate.... u crit less. Annoying but true.
                          Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

I am a crit mage now for two months and prior to that I tested it quite a lot. At level 93 k br and 4000 crit points my crit rate is around 50 %. Yes at higher br you need higher crit. Also I do more damage than with the same level of EWD. So I am happy with it. Also it works nicely with enhanced ruthlessness.
                            Mage level 72 br 107k.

Comment

Working...
                            X