Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
    Sylph=Aoe=> mage suffer
    archer are the ones gaining the most.. heals or high matk dmg... they dont need pan, pdmg is good enough alrdy and brut-luna-sylph clears troops from the freakishly archers ...so they can just heal if using iris/appollo and then go do high matk or down back and delphic
    That's not true, knights gain alot more.

1. They have more mdef and pdef (way more), where archers can't gem for mdef, because we need crit, knights (and mages) can easily go mdef gem and counter that way, but if we do, we lose crit.
    2. Knights are the archer counter class, so we already don't do much to them, with apollo in their hands, it's even worse.
    3. Archers now also have it very hard against mages where we used to have it easier, their apollo mauls us while we tickle them sort of speaking.
    4. All classes can use the iris heal, so that's an invalid argument, again mages benefit most, it's a heal on top of their heals, they basically have 2 BL now.
    Player Class: Archer
    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
      That's not true, knights gain alot more.

1. They have more mdef and pdef (way more), where archers can't gem for mdef, because we need crit, knights (and mages) can easily go mdef gem and counter that way, but if we do, we lose crit.
      2. Knights are the archer counter class, so we already don't do much to them, with apollo in their hands, it's even worse.
      3. Archers now also have it very hard against mages where we used to have it easier, their apollo mauls us while we tickle them sort of speaking.
      4. All classes can use the iris heal, so that's an invalid argument, again mages benefit most, it's a heal on top of their heals, they basically have 2 BL now.
      I think the threat is for free or average ppls not high casher ...

Well mage advantage is Heal and AoE .. I agree that mage suffers a lot coz of this ..

1. & 3. Archer critical will replace the MDEF gem, as they hit double damage, so not problem for this ...
      2. Knight will get more suffer as Apollo does critical damage ... and it is insane ... same as critical heal for Iris, when Knight only have normal heal
      4. As the threat said this only for average ppls, not many of them have bless on it ... and I believe the more strong slyph the more bless will do (not for average ppls can do this) ...

Any class can do LL NM w/o Mage now ... Iris replaces the mage ... same in Spire & TOK ...

Futhermore, I think it is better that the time to summon slyph should be longer ... or the CD for skill should be longer ...
      Last edited by R23902715; 12-21-2013, 09:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R23902715 View Post
        I think the threat is for free or average ppls not high casher ...

Well mage advantage is Heal and AoE .. I agree that mage suffers a lot coz of this ..

1. & 3. Archer critical will replace the MDEF gem, as they hit double damage, so not problem for this ...
        2. Knight will get more suffer as Apollo does critical damage ... and it is insane ... same as critical heal for Iris, when Knight only have normal heal
        4. As the threat said this only for average ppls, not many of them have bless on it ... and I believe the more strong slyph the more bless will do (not for average ppls can do this) ...

Any class can do LL NM w/o Mage now ... Iris replaces the mage ... same in Spire & TOK ...

Futhermore, I think it is better that the time to summon slyph should be longer ... or the CD for skill should be longer ...
        BTW, 90% of all level 70 and above Knights in Chinese version are Crit builds, cause they get crit more easily there.

Our version somehow gets crit nerfs every patch...

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
          It would be an "invalid argument" if it were not for the fact that mages were the ONLY CLASS with healing skills. The ONLY CLASS with skills that could heal someone other than you. I know about the passive block heal and Bloodthirsty Strike. It doesn't even come close.

I don't think you'd make the same argument if they added a sylph with Deep Freeze, Incendiary Shot and Armor Piercer. "Oh look, now archers have basically two of those"...

The sylph system as it is implemented breaks the game balance and I don't think there is a way to argue your way around it.
          [US West S6 Duskin Arena] [Moloch] [Level 70] [Battle Rating 105k] [Lord Divine] [Critical Mage] [Guild: United Soul]
          [60 Armor] [70 jewels] [60 rings]

Miracles Do Happen

Comment

As a mage I must say that I'm quite content to my two star blue Iris with rain dance now. Added to my already existing healing skills I can keep the party living pretty long and the damage done is not bad either.

Comment

Don't think anyone is "harmed" by the addition of slyphs.

All of you people saying "zomg, moar aoe!!!1!!!1!"--by the time you can transform, troops should be dead. Moot point.

Pretty sure you don't want to run Lych nm without a mage yet either. You probably can with enough BR, but you still want a BL every couple of turns. Slyphs have a countdown timer; they cannot throw near-constant BLs like a mage. Maybe if your team brings 3-4 Irises...but who wants to do that fiddly bull****? I mean, really.

As for tok/spire, this is a godsend. Mages (who both know what they're doing and are of an adequate BR) are a complete pain to find, and while having an Iris or two (or three) on your team is not a replacement for an actual mage, it works well enough to get to the floor you have been getting to before (usually). You won't be pushing boundaries, but you might be able to make do.

This is not a mage replacement, just as mire and purge runes are not an archer replacement.
              Last edited by FufuBunnySlayer; 12-22-2013, 03:15 AM. Reason: heh, this board has a censor

Comment

every one gets taken out by apollo in one hit

Comment

Originally posted by R2931274 View Post
                  every one gets taken out by apollo in one hit
                  LMAO nice one

Comment

Only if the battle lasts for 60+ seconds, Apollo will do insane damage. Before that, he's a threat but if you have iris with rain dance for example, perfectly able to counter it and then dish out her own delphic.
                    Last edited by IggyBousse; 12-22-2013, 05:26 AM.
                    Player Class: Archer
                    Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Just wait for more sylph to come out, soon every1 who cried about the appollo will also cry about the electric and its 475% delphic^^
                      Guardian system will also be released, it will be able to counter sylphs somewhat so they wont do 40-60k delphic nukes anymore

Comment

Fufubunnyslayer said a good truth, in the time you have your sylph ready troops should be death plus current sylphs only have one AoE and the cooldown is pretty long, so in the time the Arhcer/Knigh have the sylph ready you had more than enought time to BL. What worries me more if the fact that you can swith your damage, PATK <=> MATK, so if you had issues to wipe out Templars with academy maxed and full blessing now you can do MATK on them, same for Warlocks and in CW is a matter of who click first on Sylph.

What can unbalance the game are the passives, Iris gives +3% to both defenses and Pan 5% HP so with Iris you can take back some of the MDEF/PDEF you remove for crit and with Pan your HP will be insane. Mages also benefit from Iris def boost but the HP boost is not that great, yes it's the same amount but still our HP sucks while Archers now will have +25% HP instead of the +20%, and if you pay attention in the skill description said Lv1, if skills are like they are and will not change in the future there is no need to point out the level so i'm sure in the future we'll can upgrade skills. And we miss at least 3 more sylphs so it's soon to make such judgements, for now Iris is by far the best sylph for MP dungeons but maybe will not be the most use on PVP so all this arguin about Archers/Knights with heals will be over.

Comment

Originally posted by FufuBunnySlayer View Post
                          Don't think anyone is "harmed" by the addition of slyphs.

All of you people saying "zomg, moar aoe!!!1!!!1!"--by the time you can transform, troops should be dead. Moot point.

Pretty sure you don't want to run Lych nm without a mage yet either. You probably can with enough BR, but you still want a BL every couple of turns. Slyphs have a countdown timer; they cannot throw near-constant BLs like a mage. Maybe if your team brings 3-4 Irises...but who wants to do that fiddly bull****? I mean, really.

As for tok/spire, this is a godsend. Mages (who both know what they're doing and are of an adequate BR) are a complete pain to find, and while having an Iris or two (or three) on your team is not a replacement for an actual mage, it works well enough to get to the floor you have been getting to before (usually). You won't be pushing boundaries, but you might be able to make do.

This is not a mage replacement, just as mire and purge runes are not an archer replacement.
                          Did u mean that mage not have bless CD ? I think the threat is for average ppls .. not for casher, do u know Iris can heal 70 K bless or more (Mage bless is around 40 K if not crit and it is BR around 100 k)? same deal with Iris Resto, what do u think if u face it in BG or Arena ...

For LL NM it is just an example, what I think it is better have limitation on heal not to mean to nerf it ...

Btw, for TOK, better use Iris, as there is no exp can collect for Slyph ..

Basically Healing is Mage Class, Isn't it better that mage have more advantage than Iris ?

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                            Just wait for more sylph to come out, soon every1 who cried about the appollo will also cry about the electric and its 475% delphic^^
                            Guardian system will also be released, it will be able to counter sylphs somewhat so they wont do 40-60k delphic nukes anymore

yea... that Guardian System... sound like heavy cashers with apollo will get more benefits from it and make ppls with Iris that tries to counter crys, LOL (that and apollo also have self heal, so that counters Iris's heal already)
                            And it's not like the heavy casher isn't going to spend on Lighting Pet... they're cashers, so of course they will.

Fufubunnyslayer said a good truth, in the time you have your sylph ready troops should be death plus current sylphs only have one AoE and the cooldown is pretty long
                            Not one AoE, all Sylphs have 2~4 AoE, you just need to buy them.

Apollo can use 3 AoE side by side non-stop, Iris's AoE only have a 10 sec cooldown, meaning you can almost use it every turn in GA (where each rounds takes longer cause ppls take longer to cast things than troops in BGs do)

Pan already have 2 AoE too, one of them isn't as strong, but it's used as a set up to increased the delphic's damage (yes, the -resist seems to work even on players)

Comment

Working...
                            X