HORRIBLE MATCHING in ARENA and BG

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScilentCill12345 View Post
    I have read tutorials about character builds and the like and I tend to do a lot of research. Don't ever recall anything saying you should level up at a glacial pace. And that's not the point. The point is that the MATCHING is very uneven. Matching based on BR would provide more even contests. What's the strategy involved with a trio of characters with BR's over 90k against a trio with BR's of 60k

Also, we've only had the cloud city patch for a few weeks. How long have the OTHER servers had it? How much time do they get to build up their Holy seal?
    New servers have it for a few days then are matched against people who have had it for weeks. What happens with the NEXT patch? I've already heard of new things coming regarding sylphs BECAUSE SOME SERVERS ALREADY HAVE IT!!!

How long will it be before the new servers have to fight THEM?

I could level very slowly but if some servers are getting benefits BEFORE others, how will that help?
    I recall someone mentioned that even matching by BR has its own pitfalls. If you match by top br in the team, then if he/she gets 2 noob teammates, they're basically gonna lose all fights against any enemy team which has all 3 of their players with similar br. If matched by average BR, if I get 2 teammates with only 5k br, my team average is 50k br (my 145k + 10k divide by 3) so if enemy team is a trio of lvl 50+ with 50k br each, I can still easily slaughter them on my own.

Most likely aside from slow leveling, there really isn't a good solution to deal with the unfair matching on arena and as for BG, it all depends on who is around for that particular BG you intend to participate in. Maybe you're just unlucky that all the strong ppl can only do the same BG at the same time as you. As for holy seal, it has been around since many patches ago. Time spent in the game on building up talents should not count for nothing either otherwise no one will bother to train it from the start. Slow leveling actually helps u minimize the gap you have to cover each time you enter a new bracket. If you have maxed everything out b4 leveling up, your holy seal would at most be only a few months behind the strongest person in the new bracket. Enduring it for a few months shouldn't be that tough as well since once you really hit lvl 99 HS, nothing can stun u nor can u stun other ppl with lvl 99 HS either. Once everyone reaches that lvl, HS will be practically useless and it only took me around half a yr to get from lvl 0 to 99 (if you have VIP lvl 9). So for non cashers it'll take around a yr. Its more or less the same as grinding on an mmo to get to max lv. If you don't have the luck to join the game when its just starting out, the only alternative is to be patient and endure till you reach the cap since the publishers do lag about half a yr behind the developers on updates so there's always time for you to catch up slowly on each individual aspect of the game. You only really need 5 arena for quest each day so it shouldn't be hard to skip it much. As for insigs, just wait and pray one day you'll get a tok normal and hard with all shadows naked then u can start doing tok nm to get whatever insigs you need. for BG, there are lots of friendly players around. Just ask for help in getting some kills and at least have ur points changed once during last 15mins of bg and you can afk for rest of BG without getting kicked. There are so much strategies you can employ to get whatever you need to progress in the game. It just requires you to understand the game mechanics and figure out how you can work things to your own benefit. Rather than getting frustrated, you should think of ways around things and avoid the unnecessary aspects.
    IGN: Athena
    Guild: Warriors
    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
    Class: Archer
    Difficulty Level: Noob
    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

Sometimes i think maybe we should have the matching with BR, not the level only to show those idiots how stupid and abusable their idea was. I will level myself to 80, maxed my troop lvl, and wearing lvl 20 pve set gemless and unupgraded so i will only have 40-50k BR and stomps the lower levels with my superior Troops and Skills Level.
      Originally posted by Wraithraiser
      Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

nah, I still like my idea of 1 vs 3 where the 3 are noobs =P 1 aoe and probably 70 - 80% of their hp gone XD

Comment

I dont understand all the whining about matching.

It' as good as it can be. Matching based on level gives you the control who you get matched against. I remember we stayed lvl 66 for very long so we dont get paired against 70s in arena. Also I stopped at 74 to max out my honor in gb before moving on. The only thing they should change, don't match versus the same group twice in arena on the same day.

I play since 9 months, have almost complete lvl 70 legendary, now I'm in top100, in arena and duel win most of the time. My spendings are medium (approx. 800 USD), I spend money only on VIP, clothing, mounts, bought a few crypt keys and an apollo sylph. No spendings on WB, spirit covenant, packs, "hot deals" and other **** ever.

I started playing in March, on S181. For a long time, everyone I was matched again cross-server beat me. But as time passed, it get better and better. This game needs good long-term strategy (we completely skipped lvl 60 equipment; I stock up all resources and use them only when I get rewarded), and hardcore playing, several hours a day (I do every action each day). Those who spend 1000+ USD in their first 2 months and dont get to the top shouldn't be surprised. The money you spend here has a logaritmically decreasing effect. I stick to a rule, I don't spend money on anything which don't give me at least +1 stat per 10 balens spent.
          My blog about how to build the strongest character in Wartune using a minimum amount of balens:

Comment

Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
            nah, I still like my idea of 1 vs 3 where the 3 are noobs =P 1 aoe and probably 70 - 80% of their hp gone XD
            Why not we apply both? get myself with lower gear and take 2 noobs with me? (40+10+10 vs 20+20+20).
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

Originally posted by Arlad View Post
              Why not we apply both? get myself with lower gear and take 2 noobs with me? (40+10+10 vs 20+20+20).
              cause with my idea its easier to kill =P equipping a lower lvl equipment means u have lesser stats and less able to dmg well.

Comment

I really like being matched as a level 48 or 49 against those who are level 50 and have their HS. I have no defense against it nor can I get it. I understand that my BR matches theirs and I know I my team would have won except for being stunned for 3 rounds. As it was it was close. Follow that up with facing the same team 5 times in a row and it was time to quit the arena. I don't mind losing but in a fair setting please.

Comment

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
                  You're a level 68 with a level 18 HS and you wonder why you get stunned? My HS is 20 and I'm only level 64, and I sure won't level until it's 22 + 6 passives.

hah...lvl 69 here with lvl 45 seal...get a grip on reality..and i get butt ***** every bgs and arena, i lvled to fast..i know what i did wrong...but im not expecting a game to change suit my needs, soon ill be writing a guide for this game but i want to wait a bit and get more experience and save up a lil bit of money, but 1 thing is a must....stay low lvl..i suggest 40-49 and do ur honor and ingnia hunting then..and slowly lvl until ur the lvl req to get lord divine and just insignia hunt untill u have 100k insignia(required for lvl 70 legend gear) and then lvl

Comment

Arena should be like BG if your team loses 2+ times in a row your team gets 10% dryad buff so you can at least get some wins just a suggestion to even it out a lil bit

Comment

If there wasn't any HS or sylph implementation it would be alot more fair. Now it's just a stun and sylphfest, whoever has the higher level in either of those wins.
                      Used to mean something when u did arena and u actually won by skill, not pokémons and the worst stun in gaming history.
                      Player Class: Archer
                      Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                        If there wasn't any HS or sylph implementation it would be alot more fair. Now it's just a stun and sylphfest, whoever has the higher level in either of those wins.
                        Used to mean something when u did arena and u actually won by skill, not pokémons and the worst stun in gaming history.
                        rly? IJS, every1 would be lvl 80 unless you dont lvl at all, it would be boring... nothing to do lol cuz u max xp easly, then what? gold only<.<

Comment

I wonder.. is there ever anything positive for you in this game? All you do is moan and cry, and then moan some more

Comment

Originally posted by krackenker View Post
                            rly? IJS, every1 would be lvl 80 unless you dont lvl at all, it would be boring... nothing to do lol cuz u max xp easly, then what? gold only<.<
                            What are you talking about?

Originally posted by capkop View Post
                            I wonder.. is there ever anything positive for you in this game? All you do is moan and cry, and then moan some more
                            I'm not moaning but I wonder how far you are in arena, if you were 70+ you wouldn't talk like that (unless you love going in, get stunned, wait, die).
                            I can't even fathom why you call it moaning while it's a serious problem, especially the stun.
                            I don't mind getting stunned in general but nearly every battle nowadays starts out by standing there for 3 rounds and probably dying due to it.
                            It's the worst stun in gaming history, end of story, and if you think I'm moaning because I truely loathe the whole implementation of that talent, then so be it.
                            Last edited by IggyBousse; 01-05-2014, 08:38 AM.
                            Player Class: Archer
                            Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

What are you talking about?

I'm not moaning but I wonder how far you are in arena, if you were 70+ you wouldn't talk like that (unless you love going in, get stunned, wait, die).
                              I can't even fathom why you call it moaning while it's a serious problem, especially the stun.
                              I don't mind getting stunned in general but nearly every battle nowadays starts out by standing there for 3 rounds and probably dying due to it.
                              It's the worst stun in gaming history, end of story, and if you think I'm moaning because I truely loathe the whole implementation of that talent, then so be it.
                              I rushed to level80 with a 45 seal. Been on the receiving end of loads of stuns, and yes, it can be frustrating sometimes, but I knew it was a consequence of my decision to level to 80 so no point getting worked up about it.

Comment

If you don't want to get stunned raise your HS. I get stunned and I use stun, win some, lose some... have beaten players 7-10k br higher because of a very cheap 1 turn stun and have lost to players with lower BR because of cheap stuns. It happens, part of the game, if they change it they change it, if not deal with it and max your stun out lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X