Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you think of "holier than thou" players?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you think of "holier than thou" players?

"Holier than thou" here means...

on the one hand they use bots and create alternative accounts for plunder (which are against game rules)

on the other hand, if u plunder them or their buddies in wilds or gold rush even once (which are legal game features),

they will mark you for plunder and harassment in mines and wilds, and even call in guild members to join in

because...

you broke their rules ("how dare u do that... you noob", "you are being a jerk", "you are making the game not fun to play").

How often do you meet them and how do you deal with such holier than thou players?

these things make the game more competitive and active
    except alts for plundering and bots,
    i am one of this guys,,holier than thou,, and i keep the server alive

Comment

Originally posted by gambitalex1983 View Post
      these things make the game more competitive and active
      except alts for plundering and bots,
      i am one of this guys,,holier than thou,, and i keep the server alive
      besides you, it makes players quit too because "they don't like the community".

It's fine to be competitive...

but it's another matter to be personal and fixated against a particular target.

(PS: What does I mean by "fixated"?
      It means once your "mortal enemy" quits, you will quit very soon.)

It's even bad for one's health and may lead one to self destruct and rage quit.

Comment

To be honest it depends who the holier than thou player is.

I can handle myself in a situation Vs most players able to plunder me, so I'm game for them to come at me.

That said a lot of players will not have the same luxury of relative strength that I have.

Depending on who it is, if you can beat them and if you can stick the journey without it being personal: I would say go toe to toe with them. If they bring in friends who are too powerful, you can always move maps or start targeting their weaker guildies. It depends how much of an evil bar steward you're prepared to be.
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
        Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
        Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

Only 4 active players currently stronger than me on my server, yet they accomplish it so that they focus me constantly when they see me.
          I have a rule myself, attack a player once, then move on to the next player, don't harass 1 person, that's lame.
          Many don't share this thought unfortunately.
          Player Class: Archer
          Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

I only harass players who has lots of gold to give... If he ceases to give lots of gold, then I stop.

Comment

Hmmm. Strange. There is a well known bunch of players who keep plundering me in rows and frankly I don't mind at all. We do mpds together occasionally and some are on my friends' list too. The gold losses are not intolerable.

Comment

Originally posted by R27457875 View Post
                Hmmm. Strange. There is a well known bunch of players who keep plundering me in rows and frankly I don't mind at all. We do mpds together occasionally and some are on my friends' list too. The gold losses are not intolerable.
                I couldn't give a rats arse about gold mines or plunder, it's the amethyst mine that bothers me lol.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                  I couldn't give a rats arse about gold mines or plunder, it's the amethyst mine that bothers me lol.
                  how did it go yesterday? i feel fine with holier than thou players problem is amethyst..

Comment

Originally posted by Kingryan View Post
                    I only harass players who has lots of gold to give... If he ceases to give lots of gold, then I stop.
                    I can tell you're the person that hits non-cashers during WB because they can't consume Gold fast enough or is saving them for enchants.

Comment

the good news about all this is that, you can only be plundered 12 times max daily. If u are a victim of being bullied constantly even during WB, u can minimize your lost by fully utilizing 26 sec rez period between battle to use your earned gold for astrol, enchant, or even donating it guild. If u follow this secret technique, the bullies will soon realize that it doesn't pay off to target you since they will waste their valuable 5 attempts to plunder you and get little in return.

Comment

Good suggestion Elitank!

I've been telling ppl who were victims of the post-WB attacks to just move their town before each WB. Being there's only 2 now, it's not a problem. Chances are that person who's set you up in their sights is going to be fairly annoyed to find that you moved your town somewhere else right before the fight started.

That also allows one to keep accruing gold/daru for pricier things you might want to do at the end of WB w/ the aid of the inbox bonuses, since even with automated wilds bots it takes like 5 min parse the whole region.

Alternatively, find a friend in another guild and offer them a "free plunder" before the WB starts. They'll give you protection for the WB duration. Just make sure you've got your gold put away.

We've been lucky though. Very little plundering nowadays on our server cluster. Almost all the L70+ ppl have partnered with those in other guilds for plunder exchange, and it's really helped the overall attitude of the game there. Much less hostility, and we all find working together fairly pleasant.

Comment

You also have 30 secs between each world boss round, I just start doing my astrals every 5 rounds ^^.

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by Elitank View Post
                            the good news about all this is that, you can only be plundered 12 times max daily. If u are a victim of being bullied constantly even during WB, u can minimize your lost by fully utilizing 26 sec rez period between battle to use your earned gold for astrol, enchant, or even donating it guild. If u follow this secret technique, the bullies will soon realize that it doesn't pay off to target you since they will waste their valuable 5 attempts to plunder you and get little in return.
                            except some enchants cost more than 800,000 at higher levels... you only get that amount from 1 WB (if you're not super deck out in damage, casher, or an archer)

Is the one I mentioned, happened to a lot of ppls, most of them are mages.

BTW, I think I actually only gets 20 sec inbetween WB due to lag taking up the other 10 sec in loading screens...

Comment

Originally posted by Elitank View Post

most players at higher levels only plunder just for the kyanite lol

the gold is kinda irrelevant, its kinda like a bonus if you think about it

Comment

Working...
                              X