Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• *Facepalm* Archer crit/dmg help plz

Hello all,
    Can any archers or anyone who knows about crit give me a little intel please?

I have a lv 65 archer who is 62k br.
    She has 19k pattk -think i said that right-
    With lv 5 crit gems 3100 (crit) 2689 (without)
    All holy astrals except Determination and Goddess blessing. Both lv 5

All my guild skills are 7-8, but im working on lv 10
    I'm also working on my 60 pve gear, and I haven't brought any pieces to legend yet, so im still using my lv 55 pvp gear.
    Both my rings and trinkets are both lv 50 legend each socketed with 4 gems. (-5-6-)
    Troop enlightenment is lv 6 pattk

When it comes to crit rate and damage im a little confused with it. I've asked other archers on my server and they tell me different things. I had one friend tell me to use more crit gems and it actually made me crit less than before (weird) When I take them out it doesn't make much of a difference anyway. I had another tell me that i need 3500 crit rate, and someone else told me 4000. The highest I get on lunatic/multi in nm dungs is 8-9k while I have other archer friends who are about the same br as me which have lower crit do 10-15k its weird, because ive tried different things and I cant seem to leave that 8-9k crit rate. The only time I get into the 10k range is when its a normal dung, and of course doing lower dungeons with lower players.

Its starting to get on my nerves, because no matter how much slow leveling I do, no matter how many upgrades I make I seem to do worse than before.

Any advice would be nice thanks in advance.
    Meow Meow Choco Cho~

Class; Archer
    Level; 66
    Battle Rattling; 73k

those other archers doing more dmg most likely have a higher level determination or more patk.

Comment

The problem with crit is the diminishing scale effect that is thought to be built into it.

For Example. A player of 60k Br with 5000 crit, will crit more than a 70k BR player with 5000 crit.

It would be helpful if there was some sort of comparison for BR vs Crit, but as that doesn't exist it's all guesswork. The only 100% true fact is that when you increase BR/Level and not your crit rate, you obtain less critical hits.

Edit:- As for working out the crit damage I think it works something like this.

If you crit your damage is increased by 50% plus the % of your determination astral. So with Lv10 Determination you will have a 100% crit rate increase on damage.
      Someone who knows a little more may correct or elaborate on this
      Last edited by Billy_McF; 01-08-2014, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Billy_McF View Post
        The problem with crit is the diminishing scale effect that is thought to be built into it.

For Example. A player of 60k Br with 5000 crit, will crit more than a 70k BR player with 5000 crit.

It would be helpful if there was some sort of comparison for BR vs Crit, but as that doesn't exist it's all guesswork. The only 100% true fact is that when you increase BR/Level and not your crit rate, you obtain less critical hits.

Edit:- As for working out the crit damage I think it works something like this.

If you crit your damage is increased by 50% plus the % of your determination astral. So with Lv10 Determination you will have a 100% crit rate increase on damage.
        Someone who knows a little more may correct or elaborate on this
        OOH so I kinda get what you mean, so the more your br increases the more your crit rate should increase? As for the person before you, You could be right because I do have a few people with a lv of determination higher than me. I'll try to increase my crit rate one more time and leave it there for a while to see if I see any difference. : )
        Meow Meow Choco Cho~

Class; Archer
        Level; 66
        Battle Rattling; 73k

Comment

Your mistake is slow leveling, it's the worst plague that has come to this game and it ruins your ability to ever be good and progress as you should.

I've pm'ed a mod about the slow leveling thread telling them how it misleads people into believing it's a good idea when it's actually the worst move you can make in this game, but no action was taken so far.

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post
            Your mistake is slow leveling, it's the worst plague that has come to this game and it ruins your ability to ever be good and progress as you should.

I've pm'ed a mod about the slow leveling thread telling them how it misleads people into believing it's a good idea when it's actually the worst move you can make in this game, but no action was taken so far.
            What are you smoking? How can slow leveling be a bad thing?For new servers? You're a cocktail of stupidity and ignorance...

Comment

Originally posted by winlord View Post

Dude, you're my new favorite poster. No sarcasm. I've been saying this for about 6 months to anyone who will listen on my servers. And over time, it's shown to be completely true. Slow Leveling is nothing more than gimping your character in the long-term.

And R2 will encourage it simply because it means they don't have to rush out new content at the high end. That's when most cashers quit - when they run out of things to do. So they'll do anything to promote slow-leveling. Hence the imbalance of Holy Seal.

Comment

Originally posted by dragosavp View Post
                What are you smoking? How can slow leveling be a bad thing?For new servers? You're a cocktail of stupidity and ignorance...
                Agreed, the only peple who can level fast and stay competitive are high cashers. Level fast means pay more, level slowly means pay less and better rewards. A High br low lvl player will do better as they go up the levels than one that goes full steam to get a high level. leveling in this game means jack **** unlike 90% of other mmorpgs. I have seen a lvl 54 with 64 k br who is a god in his bg and yes he will be a beast at lvl 60, he will get all the insignia he needs for 60 ledg with no problems unlike the other 60% who struggle with it.

Comment

Dragon, when I started playing it was on S-195 - over 6 months after the game opened. We have some slow levelers who are just now finishing up their L69 Talents to Max and going L70+. Another group of us went hard-grind to L80 and left our Talents alone.

Know what? Those of us who sucked up being stunned in BG / 3v3 are all L80 now, with 90+ Talent Levels (more than the slow levelers) and have 20k+ more BR due to levels, Academy, Blessing, etc... We also earn anywhere from 10 Mil XP to 25 Mil XP more PER DAY, hence why we all caught up and passed the slow levelers in Talent Levels and are just widening the gap.

While the slow levels plod through 2.5 Billion+ XP to get to L80, we'll all have our Holy Seal at max and our non-HS Talents at L10, plus we'll get a huge jump on the L80 MP due out soon, whereas they're stuck with 4-5 Months of grinding L70 Gear - because you can't skip 70 Gear to get to 80 Gear .

Comment

Originally posted by Pickapath View Post
                    Agreed, the only peple who can level fast and stay competitive are high cashers. Level fast means pay more, level slowly means pay less and better rewards. A High br low lvl player will do better as they go up the levels than one that goes full steam to get a high level. leveling in this game means jack **** unlike 90% of other mmorpgs. I have seen a lvl 54 with 64 k br who is a god in his bg and yes he will be a beast at lvl 60, he will get all the insignia he needs for 60 ledg with no problems unlike the other 60% who struggle with it.
                    I call bull****.

As someone who's not a high casher, I can tell you point blank that you're wrong.

My group of 4 players in my guild that rushed to L80 struggled like crazy to get LL done. We couldn't do NM right away. It wasn't until the Academy Blessing came in that it became easier for us (we were also only L70 / L71 at this point) and we were able to do it w/o resorting to tons of Pots and WC to pass bosses.

Now, that same group of 4 people all have BRs in excess of 120k and are in the top-100 cross-server lists w/o buffs. We've all finished our L70 PvE Set and are finishing up our last L70 Jewels / Rings. That set alone gives us a solid 12K BR over the L69 campers. Advanced Academy is also huge as we've all unlocked it up to L80.

Comment

Good luck doing that on a new server. I'd love to see how you rush to 70 and stay crusader rank forever. And only get insignias from GBs.

Comment

All of us that rushed to 80 on the s195 cluster are lord divines now, so you don't stay crusader forever unless you are afraid to fight in BG's.
                        S211 Tamera
                        992k br
                        I play for the people, competition ended long ago except for the few people on our servers that I ignore because they are douches

Comment

Good luck doing that on a new server. I'd love to see how you rush to 70 and stay crusader rank forever. And only get insignias from GBs.
                          Read again...

Comment

Originally posted by Zorich View Post
                            Dude, you're my new favorite poster. No sarcasm. I've been saying this for about 6 months to anyone who will listen on my servers. And over time, it's shown to be completely true. Slow Leveling is nothing more than gimping your character in the long-term.

And R2 will encourage it simply because it means they don't have to rush out new content at the high end. That's when most cashers quit - when they run out of things to do. So they'll do anything to promote slow-leveling. Hence the imbalance of Holy Seal.
                            i think in moderation it can be a good thing.
                            for example i was imp commander at lvl 64, i went to lvl 65 before i had lord divine.
                            gaining honor in the higher bracket was very difficult. if i had stayed at 64, i would have had LD after 1-2 weeks. instead it took 4-5 weeks.

i agree holding back can bring out bad results in the long run, but holding back for a short while for whatever reason can be beneficial.

Comment

Here is my strategy. I power level to 68, camp 4 months until I got Lord Divine and level up to 70 after.

/End Thread

Comment

Working...
                              X