Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Farewell Wartune (28th October 2012 to 31st December 2013)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farewell Wartune (28th October 2012 to 31st December 2013)

31st December 2013 was my last day in Wartune. I had spend the past 11 days mulling over the decision to retire completely from Wartune. I had enjoyed the past 15 months in Wartune, and looking back at some of my "achievements" in the game, I am proud of it (I know some of you would say that it's only a game.. but still...)

At the time of my retirement (31st December 2013), I had:
    - 630k astral exp (level 10 determination, level 5 Holy Sniper's Edge, level 3 Holy Charm on the bench)
    - Level 4/5/5 Clothes
    - Level 6 Wings
    - Level 4 Stables
    - Level 42 Soul Engraving
    - Level 17 Fate
    - Level 179 Talent (4th in EXP on East Coast Servers)
    - 19 Level 7 Gems, 13 Level 6 Gems
    - Full Legendary 70 gear.
    - Level 80/79/72/60/60 Sylphs

I was at level 19 Necropolis, and had beaten level 16 of Spire with my team.
    I have never won the class wars. I have finished 4,3,4,4,3,3,2 in Class Wars Finals. I have finished 1,2,3,2,4,9,1 in Class Wars Prelims. I had won 8 times in all the finals. I had lost to Sinner (the most number of times), Jeffhawk, Azmodeus (Once), Aahz (once), Paulson (Twice), BobLoblaw (Once) and Jacko (once). Sinner and jeffhawk were the only ones to beat me outright before the 2:30 timer ends.

I was assistant GM of the #1 Guild from February through August, and led the #1 guild from August to December. It was a joy leading those bunch of people. I am usually a harsh & strict GM (not the most politically correct person). My MP started beating NM LL on 28th June (right after the first Class wars). At that time, we take about 25 minutes per run. At times, we took up to 2 hours for 3 runs (oh the horror!).

I was 2 days away from Ancient Snipe on my last day, but I decided not to push on anymore.

My decision to quit was due to a serious illness. I was taken ill on 26th December by a serious bout of influenza. As I rested on my bed for a week, many thoughts went through my mind. I had reflected on the amount of time I had spent in the game, and the lack of time for myself and for the people in my life. I had to be online during event times: BG, WBs, GA, ToA, GB, Amethyst Mines, Tank Trials. I realized I could no longer afford to let my life revolve around the game anymore. Since 1st January, I feel liberated. No longer do I need to be online for events and to worry about the losing out if I missed the events. I re-found freedom and I found myself again. It is for the reason of time that I decide to leave Wartune permanently.

---------------------------------------
    The good:
    - Wartune is addictive
    - You meet some interesting people in the game, who would become your close friends
    - Competitiveness

The bad:
    - Too much time commitment required.
    - Too many bugs and too laggy.
    - Lack of interest of the developers to properly fix the bugs.
    - Insane amount of cash to play the game (getting increasingly true) .I checked back recently and found that there's a Recharge Event for $1000. I was shocked. I do not think that any PC/Console games is worth $1000. I felt repulsed and disgusted. While I myself have spent a fair bit of money in the game, I must say this is totally revolting to me. I am glad that I had decided to leave.
    - Forum moderators give misleading information, and are power hungry. With the exception of MemoryLane, I have nothing good to say about the other forum moderators. They give wrong information to players and are quick to delete/ban forum-ers.

Moving forward, I wish every player in Wartune the best. You find your own destiny. This game can still be fun if you decide not to go crazy with the money.

I sincerely hope that 7Roads and R2 come to their senses.

Malleus will forever be laid to rest and never seen again on the East Coast Servers.

Peace,
    Malleus
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

See you bro enjoy your real life, and gratz for killing wartune's addiction

Comment

Agreed about forum mods, only good one is MemoryLane who has also been a mod for as long as I can remember.

The rest was kinda funny, remembering dates and stuff seems like you took this game way too seriously.

Comment

Always sad to see a forum regular leave. It was a pleasure reading your posts, blunt as they were, even the bad, bad trollie ones.

Take care of yourself and good luck with future endeavors.
        New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

You sure you wont give in after 2 days of the withdrawal symptoms?

Comment

Good Luck Condor and enjoy the extra free time you will get now

I tried to quit, but the lure was too strong. I myself am semi-retired in game, but just can't seem to make that final push and stop logging in and doing a few things.
            I wish you good luck and good health. But never say never...you may return one day LOL

Comment

a top player left game, wish it gives a warn to wartune company. seriously I can't even imagine any game has such a event asking people to recharge 1000 bucks. we can not just simply say "they are over-greedy", they are just crazy.

Dear Wartune, Learn from western games, like heartstone. sometimes the goal of making a game is not only to earn money, but also produce fun for the people living in the same planet

Monkey King [S3] US EAST
              Character Name: Ghang

Wartune [S67] US EAST
              Character Name: Halifax

Comment

I'm not cashing anymore (aside from vip and spirit covenant which is 20 dollar monthly), I don't even have the urge to buy chests or buy event items.
                That feeling increased after I saw this 1000 dollar event.
                I'm still going to play however, just more relaxed, and not focus on cash2win anymore.
                I'm sure many people will eventually do it the same way, and maybe it will open r2/PC their eyes a bit.
                People can't keep spending and seeing events like this without suddenly saying enough is enough.
                Player Class: Archer
                Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Bye Condor .. Malleus ... cya ...

Comment

I too have given this months event the cash (not overly doing it on the recharge like R2 wants) , spending the balens on the next event too and then stopping. You can have my 5$ for Vip until i decide to quit too... which at the rate R2 and 7th road are bulking up the prices might be in a few months
                    GO TO SLEEP!

Knight lv70
                    110k Br
                    Spreading the Beast

Comment

One of the game and forums Legend decided to quit. So sad, it will be empty here without you, I really enjoyed your posts a lot and didnt enjoy meeting you in GA as much for obvious reasons xD. Wish you all the best and you should be feeling proud of your win against this addiction called Wartune, I know I would be If i could... Take care and wish you all the best
                      Redemption

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                        31st December 2013 was my last day in Wartune. I had spend the past 11 days mulling over the decision to retire completely from Wartune. I had enjoyed the past 15 months in Wartune, and looking back at some of my "achievements" in the game, I am proud of it (I know some of you would say that it's only a game.. but still...)

At the time of my retirement (31st December 2013), I had:
                        - 630k astral exp (level 10 determination, level 5 Holy Sniper's Edge, level 3 Holy Charm on the bench)
                        - Level 4/5/5 Clothes
                        - Level 6 Wings
                        - Level 4 Stables
                        - Level 42 Soul Engraving
                        - Level 17 Fate
                        - Level 179 Talent (4th in EXP on East Coast Servers)
                        - 19 Level 7 Gems, 13 Level 6 Gems
                        - Full Legendary 70 gear.
                        - Level 80/79/72/60/60 Sylphs

I was at level 19 Necropolis, and had beaten level 16 of Spire with my team.
                        I have never won the class wars. I have finished 4,3,4,4,3,3,2 in Class Wars Finals. I have finished 1,2,3,2,4,9,1 in Class Wars Prelims. I had won 8 times in all the finals. I had lost to Sinner (the most number of times), Jeffhawk, Azmodeus (Once), Aahz (once), Paulson (Twice), BobLoblaw (Once) and Jacko (once). Sinner and jeffhawk were the only ones to beat me outright before the 2:30 timer ends.

I was assistant GM of the #1 Guild from February through August, and led the #1 guild from August to December. It was a joy leading those bunch of people. I am usually a harsh & strict GM (not the most politically correct person). My MP started beating NM LL on 28th June (right after the first Class wars). At that time, we take about 25 minutes per run. At times, we took up to 2 hours for 3 runs (oh the horror!).

I was 2 days away from Ancient Snipe on my last day, but I decided not to push on anymore.

My decision to quit was due to a serious illness. I was taken ill on 26th December by a serious bout of influenza. As I rested on my bed for a week, many thoughts went through my mind. I had reflected on the amount of time I had spent in the game, and the lack of time for myself and for the people in my life. I had to be online during event times: BG, WBs, GA, ToA, GB, Amethyst Mines, Tank Trials. I realized I could no longer afford to let my life revolve around the game anymore. Since 1st January, I feel liberated. No longer do I need to be online for events and to worry about the losing out if I missed the events. I re-found freedom and I found myself again. It is for the reason of time that I decide to leave Wartune permanently.

---------------------------------------
                        The good:
                        - Wartune is addictive
                        - You meet some interesting people in the game, who would become your close friends
                        - Competitiveness

The bad:
                        - Too much time commitment required.
                        - Too many bugs and too laggy.
                        - Lack of interest of the developers to properly fix the bugs.
                        - Insane amount of cash to play the game (getting increasingly true) .I checked back recently and found that there's a Recharge Event for $1000. I was shocked. I do not think that any PC/Console games is worth $1000. I felt repulsed and disgusted. While I myself have spent a fair bit of money in the game, I must say this is totally revolting to me. I am glad that I had decided to leave.
                        - Forum moderators give misleading information, and are power hungry. With the exception of MemoryLane, I have nothing good to say about the other forum moderators. They give wrong information to players and are quick to delete/ban forum-ers.

Moving forward, I wish every player in Wartune the best. You find your own destiny. This game can still be fun if you decide not to go crazy with the money.

I sincerely hope that 7Roads and R2 come to their senses.

Malleus will forever be laid to rest and never seen again on the East Coast Servers.

Peace,
                        Malleus

Sometimes i find your post a little annoying , but most of a time , useful and helpful. Sad to hear 1 active forum member are quitting. Anyway good luck and God bless.

Comment

quit is very very hard decision. GL for new life condor.
                          Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

check out Dota2 bro, you will enjoy.

Comment

Take care man wish you the best hope you beat your illness.

Comment

Working...
                              X