Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Cashers view their own spending habits in wartune

Some predominant attitudes encountered:

1. One group of cashers always like to downplay the amount they spent, claiming they "spent more intelligently" than those that spent more than them:

For example, those that spent 50 will say they spent "more intelligently" than those who spent 250.

Those that spent 500 will say they spent "more intelligently" than those who spent 2500.

Those that spent 5000 will say they spent "more intelligently" than those who spent 25000.

2. Second group of cashers will admit the "large amount" they spent was too much and lament/express some regret the fact they actually spent so much on an addiction.

3. Third group of cashers will claim "any amount" is well spent. Their attitude is "hey we live only once and we should do so (spend that amount) without any regrets".

4. Fourth group are those assert they have spent enough because of the excessive greed of R2. Most of this group will not spend anymore or at the margin.

5. Any other groups to add to the list which were left out? Which group(s) do you or do most cashers belong to?

Last edited by R26930103; 01-13-2014, 11:29 PM.

What's the purpose of this thread?

By the way, I've encountered the 1st group of players the most frequently. These players usually hide the real amount they spent. They pretended they spent $100, but in reality they spent $2000. Why do they do it? It's because of pride. If they admit they spent $1000 and not as strong as others, they get embarrassed. You see many of these people around.
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post

By the way, I've encountered the 1st group of players the most frequently. These players usually hide the real amount they spent. They pretended they spent $100, but in reality they spent $2000. Why do they do it? It's because of pride. If they admit they spent $1000 and not as strong as others, they get embarrassed. You see many of these people around.
      Ouch! The recharge 1000 USD event was good for mahra.
      Five Sylphs for the Heros in wartune,
      Two for the Whales in their deep blue ocean,
      Three for Mortal Men doomed to die,
      One for the Big Whales on their dark throne
      In the Land of Wartune where the heroes lie.
      One sylph to crush them all, One sylph to kill mobs,
      One sylph to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
      In the Land of Wartune where the Moby duck lie."

Comment

Same for me.

Two fold.

Firstly, to help some people who into the addiction of Wartune and those who cash to feed their addiction, and who are too proud to admit it.

To let them know, that others know, can help.

Secondly, as per your reply, to let those in various groups including those in first group that others can see through their pretence of hiding the amount they spent.
        Last edited by R26930103; 01-13-2014, 11:27 PM.

Comment

I like the YOLO group lol
          IGN: AncientEvil
          Server: EU-271+merged
          Class: Archer
          Getting less Evil and more Ancient every day.

Comment

Originally posted by ancev View Post
            I like the YOLO group lol
            I didn't know what YOLO meant until I read below from urban dictionary:

"Yolo

Abbreviation for: you only live once
            The dumbass's excuse for something stupid that they did
            Also one of the most annoying abbreviations ever....

Guy 1: "Hey i heard u got that girl pregnant"

Dumbass 1: " Ya man but hey YOLO"

Guy 1: "Hey i heard that you broke ur leg falling off the balcony at that party"
            Dumbass 1: "Ya but hey YOLO" "

Comment

I think it's pretty obvious that the purpose of the thread is to satisfy the self-righteousness of the OP. I don't know how people don't get tired of constantly having such strong opinions regarding stuff that is clearly none of their business.

Originally posted by R26930103
              Firstly, to help some people who into the addiction of Wartune and those who cash to feed their addiction, and who are too proud to admit it.

To let them know, that others know, can help
              Unless you are a certified addiction counselor nobody needs your "help". You literally have NO idea what any specific persons motives for spending on this game are. Just let it be. If you know someone personally who you have proof is "addicted" to spending money on this, or any other game, then offer to help THEM. Just do it privately, using a mode of communication that is NOT visible by anyone with a computer and internet.

that is all
              Patryn
              Twisted
              S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
              "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

Originally posted by FarrelBrown View Post
                I think it's pretty obvious that the purpose of the thread is to satisfy the self-righteousness of the OP. I don't know how people don't get tired of constantly having such strong opinions regarding stuff that is clearly none of their business.

Unless you are a certified addiction counselor nobody needs your "help". You literally have NO idea what any specific persons motives for spending on this game are. Just let it be. If you know someone personally who you have proof is "addicted" to spending money on this, or any other game, then offer to help THEM. Just do it privately, using a mode of communication that is NOT visible by anyone with a computer and internet.

that is all

If it's done directly and in private like u suggested, how is it not 'self-righteous' to that specific recipient?

Some of the same players I met are really sensitive to even suggestions on gameplay, let alone the thread topic.

that is all
                In that case, I think most if not all thread can be construed as "Come give me some attention", "I know more than you" or "I am more righteous than you" threads.
                Last edited by VicZar; 01-14-2014, 11:08 PM. Reason: Merged

Comment

Originally posted by R26930103
                  In that case, I think most if not all thread can be construed as "Come give me some attention", "I know more than you" or "I am more righteous than you" threads.
                  About 30-40% of the threads on this forum are started because somebody has a legitimate question or comment regarding the game (Asking about favored strategies for MPs, rotations for WBs and input regarding how certain mechanics of the game work). The other 60-70% are mixed between sarcastic/ironic threads, blatant whining threads (Wartune is too P2W/I hate cashers/R2 is greedy/Why won't the people in ToK NM strip for us? etc..), threads about OTHER games which have mistakenly been posted here and the random Polls that people will come out with in an attempt to spark discussion.

Then there are threads like this one or the one that popped up recently where a guy claimed to have level 8 stables and challenged people to flame him for recharging 100k Balens while pretty blatantly insinuating he was better than the people who couldn't afford to spend that much. These threads have no purpose other than for the OPs to create animosity between the two distinct groups in this game...Non-Cashers and Cashers. Just in case you hadn't noticed there is enough of that to go around already.

And NO...privately speaking to somebody that you PERSONALLY know (As in you have seen them physically and do so on a regular basis....like a neighbor, co-worker or friend....and who actually values your company/friendship) regarding the visible signs of an addiction is NOT self-righteous which the "recipient" will eventually realize. You coming on a public forum and telling every person who plays this game and spends money that they are "addicted" and that you want to offer them your "help" by starting a discussion thread like this IS self-righteous.....
                  Last edited by FarrelBrown; 01-14-2014, 12:37 AM. Reason: Spelling/Grammar
                  Patryn
                  Twisted
                  S130 Dragonmar

"If you can't take brutal honesty then you are speaking to the wrong person"
                  "Touring S130....one guild at a time"

Comment

About 30-40% of the threads on this forum are started because somebody has a legitimate question or comment regarding the game (Asking about favored strategies for MPs, rotations for WBs and input regarding how certain mechanics of the game work). The other 60-70% are mixed between sarcastic/ironic threads, blatant whining threads (Wartune is too P2W/I hate cashers/R2 is greedy/Why won't the people in ToK NM strip for us? etc..), threads about OTHER games which have mistakenly been posted here and the random Polls that people will come out with in an attempt to spark discussion.

Then there are threads like this one or the one that popped up recently where a guy claimed to have level 8 stables and challenged people to flame him for recharging 100k Balens while pretty blatantly insinuating he was better than the people who couldn't afford to spend that much. These threads have no purpose other than for the OPs to create animosity between the two distinct groups in this game...Non-Cashers and Cashers. Just in case you hadn't noticed there is enough of that to go around already.

And NO...privately speaking to somebody that you PERSONALLY know (As in you have seen them physically and do so on a regular basis....like a neighbor, co-worker or friend....and who actually values your company/friendship) regarding the visible signs of an addiction is NOT self-righteous which the "recipient" will eventually realize. You coming on a public forum and telling every person who plays this game and spends money that they are "addicted" and that you want to offer them your "help" by starting a discussion thread like this IS self-righteous.....

I appreciate your reply and let me state the thread's focus isn't about addiction.

For example, the person who gave me that "You only live once" reply had spent close to 25K on one character.

I don't think he's addicted to the game because he's busy/successful outside Wartune and he is time-poor.

It's a generic response (not directed to any specific names) to how cashers publicly and repeatedly offer an explanation of their spending habits

IN PUBLIC/guild chat, most of the times without me (in private chat) or anyone questioning.

Let me give you an example,

Casher A (25K player) comes in daily to open boxes in system chat...

Casher B (1K player) comes in to say without being questioned... "hey I spend intelligently than casher A".

So this casher B is making a "self righteous" judgement too relative to that casher A... IF u have not noticed... based on your logic of "self righteousness".

And my point about casher B is a generic response to casher B.

Comment

#5 "I will cash because the prices are cheap" group - the insanely rich people
                      i know 1 new player with $13k monthly income, he spent 300 for recharge package

Comment

The group of insane cashers who ask everyone to work hard in game to get as strong as them, I call them the foolish group, either they dont know that its not possible to get such things using cash or they just feel ashamed that they spent so much
                        I faced a guy in arena who had legendary sylph, I congratulated him for being born in a rich family and he replied " Spend more time in game and you will be this strong too", *** is that??

Comment

major cashing is like cheating/hacking. not too long ago, cashing was for looks/pets/convenience like a pet that picks up things for u, etc, not the end of the world. nowaways you have a cashing/cheating/hacking for everything...you may as well BUY your character...cuz who really cares? why buy a cloud caller when you can probably buy a character with it all for less? lol...call it illegal or against the rules whatever...spoiled/lazy/unskilled/greedy/boundless cashing has already brought the sport of gaming down the toilet

whew...off soap box, i needa quit this game or pass it on...
                          Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                            #5 "I will cash because the prices are cheap" group - the insanely rich people
                            i know 1 new player with $13k monthly income, he spent 300 for recharge package
                            Since when is making 13k a month insanely rich? lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tranc3motion View Post
                              Since when is making 13k a month insanely rich? lol
                              Since the majority makes a quarter of that.
                              "… Stupid people do stupid things.
                              Smart people outsmart each other.
                              Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
                              TheGuardingDark status: ██
                              senadbasic status: ██
                              oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Working...
                              X