Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does the forum think the devs should treat proven cheats?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How does the forum think the devs should treat proven cheats?

Every server has them.

On some servers it's more open than others, and I'm pretty sure the devs have pages and pages of proofs of Wartune Cheating (harking right back to the astral cheat)

So, my question entails, how does the forum think the developers should treat the cheats? I imagine it's a problem for them too since some cheats are moderate cashers, and they have to balance that with the thought that if they ignore it too much they will drive other players out.

I've left a few options but please discuss your vote if you want to.

I think most people know me and I'm a ban them outright kind of gal, but would love to see how my opinion fares on the forum.

Thanks!
    They should be banned outright/publicly to set an example
    30.00%
    They should be suspended publicly to set an example
    18.33%
    They should be suspended quietly
    8.33%
    They should be warned by a Games Master and monitored
    11.67%
    It depends upon how much they have spent what their treatment should be
    8.33%
    Monitored initially, if they continue to break rules, then decide
    10.00%
    Warned by a Games Master, and no further action unless there is a further complaint
    6.67%
    There should be no action at all, it's just a browser game
    6.67%
    Blizzarea
    S147
    Epic

~ Atoll is Purgatory for Wartuners ~

A part of me thinks the outcomes of investigations and/or punishments resulting from them should be made public so the community knows things ARE being done about reports of rule breaking.

But then the other part of me knows it's not a good idea to publicly out people. It would inspire witch hunts, innocent people being accused of wrong doing just because they spend more or play smarter than the average person. Then there's the trolls.. Who knows why trolls insist on shouting to the world that they are breaking rules when in reality they are not.

For now, we're just going to have to accept that there's a privacy policy, and it's there to protect everyone's information, including when/if punishments are issued, and at the end of the day, R2 holds sole discretion on when/if/what punishments are done.
    New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Hmmm, I see your point about the witch-hunt , but I also see the frustrated player sending in heaps of evidence, seeing nothing done and walking from the game. I don't envy the devs their job, but I do worry invisible punishments are no deterrent.
      Blizzarea
      S147
      Epic

Comment

There should be no action at all, it's just a browser game. Theres not much cheating anyway. Ive seen dead games due to massive cheating and no action from staff. Wartune is very far from that.

Comment

There's a difference between cheating and exploiting.

Exploits are gaps in the code logic that allows a player to achieve something within the game that wasn't intended. Like those who used to use Warriors Call before sign-out to artificially boost. That used to be illegal - as stated in posts here from nearly a year ago. Then it became so widespread, the staff just put it on the "I don't care, look the other way list" - especially when it was being done by heavy cashers (you never want to lose those who contribute heavy $).

As a former game developer myself, I would never punish exploiters. In fact, I condoned rewarding them if they came forward promptly - serious rewards. Like a WarTune equivalent of 10000 Balens type of reward, or their choice of a rare / quest item. At worst, those that may have abused an exploit would be stripped of ill gotten gains, but that's really it - because the fault of it even existing lies with the developers.

Cheating is something altogether different. Cheating is creating (not just using) an exploit or acquiring access to parts of the game one shouldn't through means outside the browser interface. A person who captures the .swf files, decompiles them and extracts the encryption key within to create a sniffer on the client's data stream and extract info they shouldn't have access to in order to gain a competitive advantage or steal resources is cheating (as well as hacking). That is what those "give yourself unlimited balens" cheats were doing. People who use those - I don't care how much you spend or not before you used it... Gone.

Comment

The Devs of this game are aware of all cheats some are harmfull some are under investigation and some are not worth the trouble even to look at.So if u file your ticket be sure they will check it and maybe if it is a harmfull one a dev will come at server and see for himself if nithing hapens to the ''cheater'' then it means emmmm HE IS NOT CHEATING ...
            BUT ... So i dont think your post has any value and in fact im wondering my self why i even replied here :P. Anyway cheats are always in all games but r2 has fixed 90% of them and the ones that maybe around are to be fixed or they dont care about them ...end of story .And btw Blizz stop being racist about italians cause thats banable when u curse italians at wc.
            Wartune
            Name : Death✞Lord
            Server : s144
            Profession : Knight
            Level : 80

Blade Hunter
            Name : Death✞Lady
            Server : s14
            Profession : Valkyrie
            Level : 175
            BR:3106340

Comment

how about give punishment to ppl who create fake report about cheat
              sometimes ppl just jealous and treat other like cheater just because she/he cant achieve when other can
              Nubito the Super Noob Mage in The Badlands

Comment

Originally posted by Nubito View Post
                how about give punishment to ppl who create fake report about cheat
                sometimes ppl just jealous and treat other like cheater just because she/he cant achieve when other can
                Then Blizz and some other individuals should get perma ban my friend :P .....
                Wartune
                Name : Death✞Lord
                Server : s144
                Profession : Knight
                Level : 80

Blade Hunter
                Name : Death✞Lady
                Server : s14
                Profession : Valkyrie
                Level : 175
                BR:3106340

Comment

We should burn them.
                  "Strange things happen to those who don't drink Wilkins."

Comment

Originally posted by UnCoeurMort View Post
                    The Devs of this game are aware of all cheats some are harmfull some are under investigation and some are not worth the trouble even to look at.So if u file your ticket be sure they will check it and maybe if it is a harmfull one a dev will come at server and see for himself if nithing hapens to the ''cheater'' then it means emmmm HE IS NOT CHEATING ...BUT ... So i dont think your post has any value and in fact im wondering my self why i even replied here :P. Anyway cheats are always in all games but r2 has fixed 90% of them and the ones that maybe around are to be fixed or they dont care about them ...end of story .And btw Blizz stop being racist about italians cause thats banable when u curse italians at wc.
                    LOL, I think u misunderstand trash talk with racism ^^I also shouldn't have replied, and btw, have you forgot you falsely outed me as a cheater on the forum for my WB damage? ^^and i have never mention Italians anyway so have nooo idea wut u say
                    Blizzarea
                    S147
                    Epic

Comment

well even though i voted ' They should be banned outright/publicly to set an example ', memory does have a point. But how about banning them and sending a message back to the one who sent the evidence so he can know that the problem has been solved and how. I mean until now there were plenty of threads about cheaters, but I never saw a player saying that r2 solved his ticket about cheaters. There isn't any problem about personal information if r2 sends a message to that person that they checked and its not a cheater, or that it is a cheater and how the problem has been solved right?

Comment

I chose suspended quietly, banning nowadays doesn't help so much, but suspending someone does make people think more (make a new char or wait or quit, banning only gives the first or last option).

Also lolled at this:
                        It depends upon how much they have spent what their treatment should be
                        Player Class: Archer
                        Battle Rating : 162k+

^ Manly purple!

Comment

Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
                          I chose suspended quietly, banning nowadays doesn't help so much, but suspending someone does make people think more (make a new char or wait or quit, banning only gives the first or last option).Also lolled at this:
                          I had to put that one in cos I have seen it suggested in posts the devs currently do this ^^

But yeah, I never thought of it that way, mebbe suspension can be a good option, like being sent to the naughty step as a kid and told to think abt what you did
                          Blizzarea
                          S147
                          Epic

Comment

It totally depends on what you call cheating. If they are hacking into wt and giving themselves unlimited gold and so on then yes perma ban. If its something like an exploit or say a player farming alts in bg or grush then nothing should be done. The devs should add something to stop those kind of exploits but do nothing to the playerbase.

Comment

Well the issue is, the amount of cheaters. They can't ban half of their population, can they?
                              Back in the 2012 spring i wanted to get a ban, i even made a ticket for astrals but nothing happened, i quit the game for 1-2 months due to lack of gamemaster actions
                              I did notice that over 20 top/active players of our server used it (and all the rest).

I even planted all legendary seeds from VIP wheel and shouted on the world chat "legendary seeds hack works again", receiving 30+ PMs about it.

What is really annoying, we have a guy with 3.000.000 damage running around like nothing happened (he appears to be a casher, because of the hotspotshield survey exploit) and nor GMs, nor players seem to care
                              (we're holding screenshot of that damage till he spends more money)

But then again, i believe that fixing is the best part - no one likes to play with cheaters, but no one will play this game if there are 30-50 online players (per merged servers)

Comment

Working...
                              X