No announcement yet.

Enhanced Will Destroyer Versus Critical for Knights/Mages

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I actually think it's kinda fun to revisit this discussion now and again. But that's just me.

Up to about 100K BR, EWD is the way to go for Mage & Knight.

After that, Critical Builds become a bit more favorable, especially for the Mage who's gonna get those Critical Restorations.

However, I've now found that as I've surpassed 250k, 300k and 350k BRs, I run both modes in different circumstances. In PvE I run in Critical Mode with a 10,200 Critical Rating & 55% Determination (L10 + 5% Slot Bonus). I will Critical Hit in WB, Spire, Necro, DI, SkyTrail, etc.. a solid 75%, +/- 5%. My Damage in PvE via Critical Mode is about 10% to 15% more Damage (longterm) than my PvP Mode using EWD.

In PvP I've eschewed the use of Critical because most, if not all of my opponents are running 50%+ Critical Rate Reduction Astrals and I find that, even if I go as high as 15,000 Critical, I only manage to Critical Hit 50% at best. At that rate, I do better damage over time from EWD. The magic rate for me is 65%. If I can get back to a 65% Crit Rate in PvP (with consistency), it might be worth it. Since Mages don't have the innate Critical Boost that Archer's Skills (Active and Passive) do, it's very easy for us to fall into a poor crit rate and neglect swapping out.

So, my PvP mode (BG, Arena, even equipped ToK) currently swaps out my L9 Sniper's Edge and L10 Determination for L9 Deflection and L10 EWD (In the same +5% Slot that Determination was in). I then swap out my 3 L10 Crit Gems for L10 Defense Gems. This is another benefit. I gain an extra Astral (Deflection) as well as some significant defense.

At my 362k BR (unbuffed) I'm running both my defenses over 65k & over 10K Block and over 400k HP. I can't do that in Critical Mode, so unless I'm doing significantly better Crit Damage (like 10% more over time), it's not worth losing the other gains.

Comment

I find it cool as well

For me, I changed to crit at around 160k br, boosted my dmg a lot, both pvp and pve.

when I hit 200k, I wanted to try something new, so added float astral, and it works well. Sure I lose SOME matches I should win, but when I take down a 300k+ player, with a delphic that crits and land at the top float dmg, it's so nice.

Crit is the way to go, cause it might be worse in some matches in pvp, but always better pve. Float, is just for fun xD(like when you hit for 300k with your jupiter, and delphic hits for 120k, so much fun )

Comment

Im a knight lvl 80 and use lvl 10 wd at 52%.
        Its pretty good win most on my pvp battles

Comment

does anyone have any suggestions for me?

i am a lvl 54 mage with 613 crit thats right six hundred and thirteen crit... i am a noob still so any help is very appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by R289740749 View Post
            does anyone have any suggestions for me?

i am a lvl 54 mage with 613 crit thats right six hundred and thirteen crit... i am a noob still so any help is very appreciated.
            the bolded part is the reason why you should stay with ewd. not enough astral slot.
            Originally posted by Wraithraiser
            Welcome to R2 forums. Where quality is nonexistent and quantity is only measured in the number of whines a single day can produce.

Comment

okay i will check out ewd

Comment

Will Destroyer especially in high lvls works much better than Determination and Sniper stars together. Anyone knows that a good knight will have a Guardian Angel star that halves your critical chance and Jewels that makes your criticals about 10% weaker. Critical may be good but this is the reason why there are so many deffences against it. Will Destroyer makes you have a passive maybe smaller critical but sure one without enemy defence so much.
                This thing aplies only for all others except World Boss that you make all time critical and it got no defences again it. There the best solution is Sniper, Determination, (Deflection especially for knights that tank the boss allone and it can make 50k dmg if hit last hit except others).

Comment

Working...
                X