Announcement

Collapse

Website Instability

We are aware of the issue with the website being unstable. The issue is currently being worked on. We thank you for your patience in the meantime.
See more
See less

Censorship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Censorship

Can i ask why there is censorship of words on this game? Or at least, why is there such stupid censorship at that?

We can't say Population on an American server, because Pula is a RUSSIAN swear. How does this make any sense what so ever? We can't use common, English words, because it has a swear from another language?... And at that, Population is used in the game for the cottage.

My suggestion is to remove censorship entirely. Every ad for this game that i see has "18+ only" somewhere on the ad. If this game is only for adults, why is there even a censor?

Yeah, i understand children sign up regardless of that, but they should expect to see vulgar language if the game is rated 18+. The censor gets heavily annoying, when simple, normal words get blocked because the word is a swear in a different language, or it's just a random word they don't like.

If you won't consider removing the censor entirely, at least make a settings option to turn off censoring for your account if you so chose.

List of a few words that are block due to the crappy censor:
    PoPULAtion
    HOARd
    HorSEMEN
    Adult(really? Why the hell is this even blocked at all?)
    ADMINistration
    Nnd(happens when typing and occasionally.. what does this even mean?)

most of these come up in common conversations, and annoy the hell out of everyone trying to talk. yet other words such and a.ss, or douch.e are not blocked.(yet for some reason they are on the forums?)
    Server: 398
    Character Name: Selet
    Class: Mage
    Level: 66
    Battle Rating: 70.3k
    Strength Rank: 12th
    Will update weekly.

what about "cu m" in my language "cu m" means "How" making forbids from 3 letters word's it's not such a good idea, every time when i write in pm i must use "space" to avoid "T^$%^$%^$%"
    Last edited by DarthVille; 02-02-2014, 01:46 AM.
    Join The DarkSide, We Have Cookies !

Comment

As a Mr. Gene Simmons once said " F*** Censorship" That is my stance on the censors
      "You're the darkest burning star, You're my perfect disease"

Comment

Originally posted by Selet94 View Post
        Can i ask why there is censorship of words on this game? Or at least, why is there such stupid censorship at that?

We can't say Population on an American server, because Pula is a RUSSIAN swear. How does this make any sense what so ever? We can't use common, English words, because it has a swear from another language?... And at that, Population is used in the game for the cottage.

My suggestion is to remove censorship entirely. Every ad for this game that i see has "18+ only" somewhere on the ad. If this game is only for adults, why is there even a censor?

Yeah, i understand children sign up regardless of that, but they should expect to see vulgar language if the game is rated 18+. The censor gets heavily annoying, when simple, normal words get blocked because the word is a swear in a different language, or it's just a random word they don't like.

If you won't consider removing the censor entirely, at least make a settings option to turn off censoring for your account if you so chose.

List of a few words that are block due to the crappy censor:
        PoPULAtion
        HOARd
        HorSEMEN
        Adult(really? Why the hell is this even blocked at all?)
        ADMINistration
        Nnd(happens when typing and occasionally.. what does this even mean?)

most of these come up in common conversations, and annoy the hell out of everyone trying to talk. yet other words such and a.ss, or douch.e are not blocked.(yet for some reason they are on the forums?)
        pu la in romanian = an uglier form of pe nis
        hoar idk, but heard something similar when replaying to a ♥♥♥♥ somewhere
        ♥♥♥♥ = ♥♥♥♥(to answer darth as well) = the white thing that exists the ♥♥♥♥
        adult comes from adult movies which is a referance to ♥♥♥♥ movies, and its usually forbidden
        admin , well it seems they forbid everything that has something to do with higher ranked people like gm/gamemaster, have to check
        nnd seems to be an abrevation from something
        Last edited by MemoryLane; 02-02-2014, 04:07 AM.

Comment

You guys are taking the explanation of the censored words a little too far.

The filter is a collection of words deemed inappropriate for an all-ages online chatroom. It's not a custom list built by the devs solely to annoy us all, but it is put in by the devs, so R2 has extremely little control over it. It's far easier to submit words to be added in than it is to get innocent words removed.

The filter isn't in the way too often, as some of the innocent words that include the same letters as a not so innocent word aren't all that common. It's only a minor inconvenience to write 'basement' as 'base.ment'. Because most of the filter is based on words in English (yes, there's some non-English words in it as well), it does get in the way a bit for non-English languages who have far more words filtered out that are a part of everyday speech.

There is no intention to remove the filter or add an option to not be filtered, even if R2 were to implement an age verification system to make sure no children are around. The last update we got about removing the words that aren't bad at all was that it's on the list of things to do, but it's at the very bottom of that list.
          New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

i would like to suggest that while doing blitzing in cata or campaign we can do other stuff like fishing and doing jewel hunt. 40 min of blitzing and doing nothing is a waste of time

Comment

May I ask why we are not allowed to put the letters g and m together in a word??

Comment

even the word document is banned from game due to the censorship hahahha

kids play this game I always thought it was a over 18 game according to all the internet pics I see of wartune with the females showing less clothes than my daughter hahahahaha

Comment

Memory I do have one that I like to see removed. Why is GM censored I mean its not even a curse word or anything. This is on R2 Server 219 Its all over the place there. So just out of curiosity

Comment

Originally posted by Xharry005x View Post
                    even the word document is banned from game due to the censorship hahahha

kids play this game I always thought it was a over 18 game according to all the internet pics I see of wartune with the females showing less clothes than my daughter hahahahaha
                    Yea i wouldn't let my 14 year old daughter play this game for that reason. Yea the outfits are nice but..... and also I've ran into a few pervs on the server too.

Comment

My reply from 2014 above still applies today.
                      New R2 Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/VFMzFDqKq5

Received a random forum error? Refresh the page first, sometimes the error message is the error.

Some inboxes are broken, including mine. Please don't send me private messages at this time.

Rules of the Forum are found here.

R2Games Ticket System for browser games: https://www.r2games.com/support

Comment

Gonna to put it simply, folks:

Years ago, there was a solid debate along with a composite list of words that were deemed harmless in the English language but stunted the entire chat as they have to write it again (no last text recall in the game, else it would have been much easier to make the edit and hit it again). It gets frustrating as new words that were being used are filtered (your devs and staff may know which words were censored, but we don't). There was a complaint about the filtering process used as many of us have come to the assumption that the devs/R2 used the lazy (dubbed "dumb") filtering system instead of hitting the words in the exact case (smart filter).

I know I had said this, so I will say it again: It infuriates me since I do not believe in shorthand or TXT speak; I use full words when I communicate; when I placed my phrases only to be shot down because of the dumb filter (again, not the smart one) in use. Other games I had played in the past would have the filter on the very word so Paradigm could be said out in the open and GM can stay filtered; or horsemen could be said but ***** stays blocked. You see where I am going with this?

If I remembered in that time frame, it didn't get off the ground because no one is going to listen; so pretty much, why bother.
                        Vicious! Approach with Caution!
                        Because some noob has called me such and had said it so
                        Mobile Strike Player: Base 1102 / Com 550 / 672* Power / VIP 1300
                        Dissidia Final Fantasy - Opera Omnia: Rank 60

Comment

Working...
                        X