Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Spender Event: Estimated Bonus Balen Values

Big Spender Event: Estimated Bonus Balen Values
    (report copy/pasted from ******'s Wartune Blog)

Hey guys, this is a post dedicated to all the balen spenders out there working to get you the most return for your spent balens in the Big Spender event. Right now in Wartune we have ongoing the Big Spender event where extra bonus items are given once you spend a certain amount of balens. So I figured to calculate their value and see which option will give you the best return for the spent balens.

In the analysis below you will see that I estimate the value of the items in balens and I check how much percent they are from the required spending amount. Interestingly the results are stable only on the top tiers but the 2nd tier gives the best return for the balens spent, so my recommendation will be, for those who want to participate in this event and are interested to get the most return back, to spend 5000 balens.

[IMG]http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-i3QlC6AkthY/UvBVMGfWO6I/AAAAAAAAB7c/u-G5Tib5rJU/s1600/Big+Spender+Event+Feb+2014+******+Analysis.png[/IMG]

Neither 9030/5000 nor 4030/5000 gives you 1.34. How did you arrive at the 134% for the second tier?
    Officially retired from Wartune and Forums.
    [No longer logging in]

Comment

4030/3000...

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
        4030/3000...
        If 3000 is used, then he is saying that the incremental spending (over 2000 balens) gives you a 134% return. But the first 2000 balens spent only gave you 13% returns.
        Overall, you get less than 134% returns. In fact, the overall effect is 4030/5000 = 0.806.
        This is not accurate representation.
        [No longer logging in]

Comment

The 5,000 tier is still the best bang for your buck.
          "… Stupid people do stupid things.
          Smart people outsmart each other.
          Then themselves! Then themselves! …"

CondorHero status: ██
          TheGuardingDark status: ██
          senadbasic status: ██
          oxykotton status: ██

Comment

Hi guys, to collect the reward on line one you have to spend 2000 balens but to collect the reward on line 2 you only need to spend additional 3000 balens. Therefore, the ratio of 134% is coming from the value of items in line 2 worth 4030 balens divided by the difference between 5000 and 2000, which is 3000.

If you have any other questions let me know and I will clarify.

Cheers

Comment

how bout ratio total

like 4292/5000

Comment

Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
                how bout ratio total

like 4292/5000
                Hi mageheal50, you are talking about simply adding up the bonuses together - that's easy, but that has a different purpose of telling you how much bonus you get in total, but the purpose of this analysis was different - to see which level of the spending gives the biggest return.

Comment

Differential returns is not as good as total returns.
                  [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                    Differential returns is not as good as total returns.
                    Total return gives practically no information at all. Everyone knows that you get X bonus items after spending X balens on items.

The differential return gives very important information to the people who are thinking "how many balens i should spend for this event?" - it tells them the best return for their balens; thus the recommendation of spending 5000 balens for this event.

Comment

I'm not talking about the total returns of the items per se, duh. Those can be seen from the hot events menu.

I'm talking about the Ratio you computed.
                      [No longer logging in]

Comment

Hey CondorHero, I know what you meant, my answer still remains the same. Here I calculated for you the Total Ratios if they are useful for you. For me these have much less value than the ratios I reported in my analysis, which is the correct way to analyze the return of an investment.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Big Spender Event Feb 2014 ****** Analysis Total Ratios.png
Views:	1
Size:	7.4 KB
ID:	1681174

Comment

Originally posted by LAVASH View Post
                          Hey CondorHero, I know what you meant, my answer still remains the same. Here I calculated for you the Total Ratios if they are useful for you. For me these have much less value than the ratios I reported in my analysis, which is the correct way to analyze the return of an investment.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]70443[/ATTACH]
                          Yup yup, thanks.

As PunkinHead says, the 5000 balens is the best bang for your buck.
                          [No longer logging in]

Comment

Originally posted by CondorHero View Post
                            Yup yup, thanks.

As PunkinHead says, the 5000 balens is the best bang for your buck.
                            *bucks s s s s
                            Wartune Tips and Guides:

Comment

Working...
                            X