Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HS, BG, and the ridiculousness of it all.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thisdude
    started a topic HS, BG, and the ridiculousness of it all.

HS, BG, and the ridiculousness of it all.

I'm sure there have been threads on these things before, and I'm sure there will be a whole lot more.

Because these 2 things in this game have no point to them anymore.

HS takes away any real strategy from the game. It simply makes all the other talents worthless to train.

HS is a race to be higher in talent point levels in HS than your opponent, and nothing else.

I can look at your troops and see if I should stun or not, If I do it's pretty much match over.

There is no counter to it other than having a higher lvl hs. Capping it at certain levels adds to the ridiculousness if it.

If I'm lvl 64 and you are below, I know your stun isnt as high as mine and so therefore poof,, stay dizzy for 3 rounds.

BG, especially towards end game is just a big waste of time and effort.

This has been brought up by myself and I'm sure countless others.
    When I enter BG and see the smallest player in there is 42k br and the highest is 102k br. I just quit out anymore.

I havent done a single BG in about 2 weeks because it's just no fun. There is nothing competitive about it at all.

You are either there to be farmed by bigger players, or your farming someone else.

To me, that's just pointless. It isn't strategical pvp.

Before we start seeing the "level slower" responses.

Even those of us, like myself who have taken the time to make our toons properly
    are sick of these lopsided bg's. I don't want to be put in a bg with someone who has
    a 40k br, no more than i want to be put in with someone who has a 100k plus.

My 2 cents, given again.
    Thank you for reading

• mageheal50
    replied
    567k, is that with 50% scroll and 150% vip bonus? thats 189k base xp..makes me wanna rush lvl 70 more.

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    For some reason I didn't think Sanctuary gave crypt keys. I did a 200 stamina blitz on it and came up with zero. Thanks for confirming that it does indeed drop them.
    Here's my sanc run today, had to scroll a bit, too many items. This is from 8 runs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	111.4 KB
ID:	1681235

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    Originally posted by mageheal50 View Post
    both are being used to stomp new players.
    The ones who camp to stomp are cashers, the rest just camp to get somewhere before they level to the next bracket.
    Some stay because they know they can't handle the next bracket. Big difference.

And cashers will always (try to) stomp non cashers, what do you expect? Still has nothing to do with HS.
    Even between cashers HS is lame, one focusses on skill talents, other on HS, who will win?
    HS is lame, and don't get me wrong I don't care really, once people get it to 99, it's the ones who would get stomped by HS that will stomp now.
    It's a temporary disadvantage, in the end the ppl who rely on HS will cry hard because they relied on it forever but it now lost it's use lol.

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    both are being used to stomp new players.

Leave a comment:

• IggyBousse
    replied
    You can't compare camping to HS... Sheez.

Leave a comment:

• SkiaXia
    replied
    like camping, no fun when all you can beat are people who played less than you. The very reason they camp is to have an easy life in BG and arena. I can camp/slow level too, but it's too easy and boring.
    I don't camp though. And there are people who have played longer than me...
    If I want to go to bg and get some kills, I look at everyone on the list in the red, and try to kill them at at least one time. I don't repeating kill the same person(s) over and over.
    Slow leveling is not just about camping. I do agree it can be boring same as HS.
    But HS worse ^-^!!!

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
    It has literally no PvP values to it. It's just a pathetic thing added to make the game more boring. I will be using HS, but not much cause there is no fun, and it's just lame tactic move.
    like camping, no fun when all you can beat are people who played less than you. The very reason they camp is to have an easy life in BG and arena. I can camp/slow level too, but it's too easy and boring.

Leave a comment:

• SkiaXia
    replied
    Originally posted by bakuryuuha View Post
    Well..if your server doesn't have much ppl doing that then good luck to you finding ppl to go arena/pve/pvp stuff with. I've had non-cashers in my guild who didn't slow lvl and while they aren't the strongest in their lvl, they do decently in PVP against other ppl as long as they aren't medium to heavy cashers. Lvling fast is one thing, but lvling right is another. If you lvl your toon right, you don't have to slow lvl to get it strong. In fact, before they made cooldowns free for VIP, I was still able to get all my academy and buildings same lvl as my hero before I lvl and as I had VIP I'd have lvl faster than a non-casher since they get less exp even if they do the same things as me. So I have never really agreed with the slow lvling. Plus the gap between a lvl 80 and a slow leveler will only continue to increase the longer you spent on lower lvl. By the time you reach lvl 80, they'll have maxed talents and lots of other things just by enduring a bit more losses. While you may have it easy now, by the time you decide to move into the final bracket, you'll be suffering cause the gap then will be impossible to close without spending.
    Hm... the bold...
    By the time I reach level 80, I will mostly have talents to the maxed. I don't really care about HS. HS is not something to be proud about. It has literally no PvP values to it. It's just a pathetic thing added to make the game more boring. I will be using HS, but not much cause there is no fun, and it's just lame tactic move. And I do have lots of people to do GA, PvE stuff with...
    I don't have to spend 1000s+ to keep up. Sure, I might not be #1..but that spot is overrated... This game is P2W so... I plan to have near 100k in the 64 area, and when I reach 70, about 120-125k, then at 80 (Given updates unsure) 135-140K br without spending lots of $$$.
    You go on saying how the 70-80 bg is like heaven, when in reality, for most of us in bg, it's not. Awesome you and some other people can experience that when 95% of the other people in this game can't experience that.
    I'll still be having fun. Sure level fast, unlock all stuff. But suffer from lack of resources. I would rather take a while to build my character to be the BEST it can possibly be, without cashing so much, and having fun while doing it. You have your own views and styles on the game, as well as I. I truly do wish this was the kind of game that you can level up and still be good, but unfortunately, this isn't the kind of game.
    Last edited by SkiaXia; 02-07-2014, 04:01 PM.

Leave a comment:

• bakuryuuha
    replied
    Originally posted by SkiaXia View Post
    Congrats that there are people like you who do that. I wish I lived in the Pacific zone cause they are the nicest with stuff there.
    Unfortunately, look at the other time zone server, 95% don't do that. And slow level isn't always about BG (Like what most people think). I want to build my toon up very strong so I can also be good in every PvP event and PvE things. Smart to slow level.
    Please, let's change it back to 30-39 and 40+. That would the the most fairest of all.
    Well..if your server doesn't have much ppl doing that then good luck to you finding ppl to go arena/pve/pvp stuff with. I've had non-cashers in my guild who didn't slow lvl and while they aren't the strongest in their lvl, they do decently in PVP against other ppl as long as they aren't medium to heavy cashers. Lvling fast is one thing, but lvling right is another. If you lvl your toon right, you don't have to slow lvl to get it strong. In fact, before they made cooldowns free for VIP, I was still able to get all my academy and buildings same lvl as my hero before I lvl and as I had VIP I'd have lvl faster than a non-casher since they get less exp even if they do the same things as me. So I have never really agreed with the slow lvling. Plus the gap between a lvl 80 and a slow leveler will only continue to increase the longer you spent on lower lvl. By the time you reach lvl 80, they'll have maxed talents and lots of other things just by enduring a bit more losses. While you may have it easy now, by the time you decide to move into the final bracket, you'll be suffering cause the gap then will be impossible to close without spending.

Originally posted by MolochMage View Post
    That is the point, really. Yes, it's better, but for any real jump you need to upgrade two tiers. I remember that when I switched my 40 legendary for 60 normal rings my BR actually went DOWN because of the loss of the gem slot. Obviously that fixed itself later, but still.

What you also need to consider is that level 3 refinement crystals are much, much harder to come by than level 2. Your refines, in case you aren't lucky, will be abysmal compared to your 50 gear. The only real way to solve this (apart from farming forever) is to buy refiner packs. Getting enough level 3 crystals before level 65 is exceedingly difficult.

People usually scoff at my armor when I run Lych with them, so I simply ask them to take a look at the refines.

Rush levelling from 64 to 70 is not at all unviable provided you've gained your desired honor rank by then. Of course you'll be dead meat in Battlegrounds for a while, but that is a price I was willing to pay.
    You should join the lvl 70 - 80 bg then. Lots of friendlies who will help out (for daily quest). Just join it during last 10mins so if you can't find anyone to help, just camp at spawn pen and go do other stuff.

Leave a comment:

• MolochMage
    replied
    That is the point, really. Yes, it's better, but for any real jump you need to upgrade two tiers. I remember that when I switched my 40 legendary for 60 normal rings my BR actually went DOWN because of the loss of the gem slot. Obviously that fixed itself later, but still.

What you also need to consider is that level 3 refinement crystals are much, much harder to come by than level 2. Your refines, in case you aren't lucky, will be abysmal compared to your 50 gear. The only real way to solve this (apart from farming forever) is to buy refiner packs. Getting enough level 3 crystals before level 65 is exceedingly difficult.

People usually scoff at my armor when I run Lych with them, so I simply ask them to take a look at the refines.

Rush levelling from 64 to 70 is not at all unviable provided you've gained your desired honor rank by then. Of course you'll be dead meat in Battlegrounds for a while, but that is a price I was willing to pay.

Leave a comment:

• coldsw
    replied
    ~2200 br passive boosts not included

~1050br passive boosts not included
    thx for the info. so not really a whole lot of difference :/

Leave a comment:

• Arlad
    replied
    Originally posted by IggyBousse View Post
    He specifically said:

Ergo, no irony found .
    My bad, you were right. I should have used "hypocrisy" instead of "irony".

Leave a comment:

• mageheal50
    replied
    ~2200 br passive boosts not included

~1050br passive boosts not included
    Last edited by mageheal50; 02-07-2014, 07:45 AM.

Leave a comment:

• coldsw
    replied
    Originally posted by senadbasic View Post
    oh didn't know it was talk about going from 50 set to 70 set that is crazy unless he is heavy casher and can survive 70 mpd, would go like that if im heavy casher 20 fate lvl,6 lvl gems mounts .... which will enable me to survive lych otherwise no (why well it would save me insignia,crypt tokens and time when skip 60 set)
    can you tell me roughly how much BR difference from lv50 legend to lv60 legend? I know there are refinement and other stuff that matters but let's not put them into factor. Just fully enchanted, all sockets opened. thanks!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X