fast casting???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fast casting???

i was in a bg and fought a mage and somehow he was able to cast light bolt and resto in 1 round? at 1st i thought maybe i didnt see it right,so i sought out said mage and fought him again and yes he indeed was casting light bolt and resto and also light bolt and sunto in 1 round..when i asked about this in chat i was told by said mage it was because i was lagging,to which i replied im not lagging and its only you doing it..then someone else replied that he was fast casting? to which the fast casting mage said its just because he is so skillful??? ive tried searching about this "fast casting" but couldnt find anything apart from dbl hitting wb etc,so is this a legit tactic,was themage just really too skillful or is he using some kind of exploit/glitch to his benfit?

its a bug (or feature?) which stops your skillbar to get dark/black after using a skill. this way you can use the next skill as soon as the animation of your previous skill starts, just like in afk fights or like you can hit the awaken-button while your character is executing some other skill. but the only way i know to cause this bug in a pvp fight at will, is in sylphform after using the trick which lets you use a rune right after awakening. i often get it in normal form too but it seems to be random.

Comment

If he was using gaia, it may have been the sylph attack you saw/heard. I confuse her attack with my own quite often.
      Death comes when you hear the Banshee.....

Comment

Originally posted by Numbnuts View Post
        i was in a bg and fought a mage and somehow he was able to cast light bolt and resto in 1 round? at 1st i thought maybe i didnt see it right,so i sought out said mage and fought him again and yes he indeed was casting light bolt and resto and also light bolt and sunto in 1 round..when i asked about this in chat i was told by said mage it was because i was lagging,to which i replied im not lagging and its only you doing it..then someone else replied that he was fast casting? to which the fast casting mage said its just because he is so skillful??? ive tried searching about this "fast casting" but couldnt find anything apart from dbl hitting wb etc,so is this a legit tactic,was themage just really too skillful or is he using some kind of exploit/glitch to his benfit?
        thanks for the explanation,if its a bug then oh well no ones fault but the devs..allthou this person apeared to use it at will

Comment

Originally posted by B4nsh33 View Post
          If he was using gaia, it may have been the sylph attack you saw/heard. I confuse her attack with my own quite often.
          nope because the passive from gaia would be every 2nd round not every round

Comment

heals are faster to cast so maybe you are using a slow cast skill when he do it? like HS or thunderer?

if he do HS and thunderer in 1 round, then that's more likely cheating

Comment

First of all, what class are you? If you're a Knight casting apollo shield or argon shield, it would explain why the mage got in two skills before you casted yours. Resto is the fastest casting skill in wartune as i know.

Comment

Originally posted by R24675921 View Post
                First of all, what class are you? If you're a Knight casting apollo shield or argon shield, it would explain why the mage got in two skills before you casted yours. Resto is the fastest casting skill in wartune as i know.
                im an archer and i was casting as and ms at the times where he dbl casted lightbolt>resto,light bolt>sunto

Comment

the mages casting of light bolt,resto were literally seconds apart ..for instance i hit him with as and qued ms,he cast lightbolt and resto and requed lb,my ms hit him,he cast lb and sunto..i dunno,ive never seen this in bg before and im not whining cos i lost or anything i actually won 2 of the 3 battles we fought

Comment

the mages casting of light bolt,resto were literally seconds apart ..for instance i hit him with as and qued ms,he cast lightbolt and resto and requed lb,my ms hit him,he cast lb and sunto..i dunno,ive never seen this in bg before and im not whining cos i lost or anything i actually won 2 of the 3 battles we fought
                    I still think its highly likely ur lagging compared to him. While to you it may seem your WT is running smoothly, but if he has a better connection, he could be queuing up skills few seconds faster than you which gives him enough time to cast 2 skills. I've seen it happen alot in CW as well.
                    IGN: Athena
                    Guild: Warriors
                    Server: S5 - Roaring Wetlands
                    Class: Archer
                    Difficulty Level: Noob
                    BR: 176k / 180k (with block and hp astral instead of illusion and deflect =P)

Comment

lagging is my guess, when i was on a crappy pc I was dh a lot too. Its not like the screen was freezing, but the skills weren't ready fast enough.

Comment

U must be laggy, as or ms are fastest skills in this game...if mage can cast bolt+ resto/sunto before your as/ms...only fault is in your lags

_________

Crit Mage 80v
                        ~135k Br

_________

Comment

Or there genuinely is something wrong here.

FWIW - I would suggest installing a screen video capture program... and then hope you meet him again.
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          You are just a freakozoid... Monster of Frankenstein meets Jabba the Hutt... Frabba the Huttstein... :P
                          Originally posted by CreamySaucepan
                          Behind every fat Space Slug is a blood thirsty sociopath urging it on.

Comment

It is possible. As if have said before in other threads, double casting is not limited to just WBs and can be used in GA. If one guy double casts and one guy normal casts, the guy who double casts will hit twice every time in a 0 lag environment. You just have to figure out what the technique is.

Comment

His connection it's better than u .... I always do second move, first move always done by another ppl .... SO basically it is about the connection ..

Comment

Working...
                              X