• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Alternative Solution] Knight: Cover/Steadfast

Cover 2.0
    SKill Name:
    Cover
    Description: Knight covers player with lowest HP.

Actual Effect:
    System picks lowest HP, other than player himself
    Knight stands infront of player and defends for 2 turns.
    Player is unable to attack for the next 2 turns
    Player's Dodge ability is reduced to 0 during effect
    If no other player alive but knight, effect is canceled.
    Damage targeted at Knight or Player being covered is all taken by knight himself.
    AoE dmg is redirected from covered player to knight

Lv1: 50 Rage cost, +25% Pdef, mdef bonus, Covers 1 person,
    Lv2: 50 Rage cost, +35% Pdef, mdef bonus, Covers 1 Person, QTE: Additional +1 turn covering.

-----------------------------
    Cover 1.0
    Skill Name:
    Cover/Steadfast

Description:
    The Knight stands directly in line of fire and protects his teammates from damage, while taking full force of the attacks.

Actual Effect:
    All attacks on players directly behind knight are redirected to knight himself. (depending on level of skill)
    Knight's dodge stat is reduced to 0 during duration (Knight is standing infront of attack, cannot dodge.)
    Can be stacked with Shield and Thorns

Lv 1: Covers 1 squares behind knight, Effect: 3 Turns CD 60 seconds Rage: 40 Effect: Covers only 50% Damage
    Lv 2: Covers 2 squares behind knight, Effect: 3 Turns CD 60 seconds Rage: 40 Effect: Covers 100% Damage

Instead of a taunt that affects enemy, you can make it so formations are important. Putting your weakest character behind the knight and allow him to be able to defend them by covering is a good method.

This works well in future raids/MD that are more than just 4 players. If there are 9 person dungeons, then this can have more implications for having 3 knights in front covering the 6 other players behind.

If Knight is covering 2 players at lv 2 and a mage uses AoE, the 2 players behind him will take no damage but the knight will take all 3 AoE hits on himself. If Knight has Shield up, some damage mitigation, and if knight has thorn up. Mage will take a lot of Thorn damage in exchange for smashing the knight. This will make the other player reconsider spamming high attack & multi spells and pick hard hitting single shots instead... during effect.
    Last edited by ciroth; 09-12-2012, 02:23 PM. Reason: After addtional considerations, modified some ideas

but what about mage aoe?? how knight will cover that?
    Now Playing ~ Shadowbound [S13] - Hunter

played games so far (in many different account) ~ Crystal Saga, Wartune, Broken Realm, Eternal Saga, Dragon Pals, Yitien, Blade Hunter (alpha), Lunaria Story, League of Angels, Monkey King Online, Crusader of Solaris, Shadowbound, Mythborne (alpha), Stormthrone (alpha) more list to come

Comment

I like this idea better than the taunt, but what about mage aoe? Would the knight take double the damage?
      ~MIA

Comment

Originally posted by LostLimit View Post
        I like this idea better than the taunt, but what about mage aoe? Would the knight take double the damage?
        I have thought about this

It is either yes. the Knight will take all damage... that means even double damage. from covering 1 player, or double damage from covering 2 players.

But if the player manages to keep Shield (some damage mitigation) and Thorns up, he will be able to reduce a lot of damage AND the mage will 100% reconsider using AoE if he is going to hit the knight for x3 the AOE damage... because he will take 3x the amount of thorn damage. Else the mage will focus on Strong few hitting spells to knock out the knight OR wait for the effect to wear off.

It wouldn;t be fair for the damage on the 1-2 players behind the knight to totally dissapear. If the knight is going to STAND in the fire and cover them, he will take all the damage. But if he is a tank that keeps his buffs up, he will do a lot of thorn damage in return to the mage who wants to play AOE spam.

Edited the idea a bit to make it scale up.
        Last edited by ciroth; 09-10-2012, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ciroth View Post
          I have thought about this

It is either yes. the Knight will take all damage... that means even double damage. from covering 1 player, or double damage from covering 2 players.

But if the player manages to keep Shield (some damage mitigation) and Thorns up, he will be able to reduce a lot of damage AND the mage will 100% reconsider using AoE if he is going to hit the knight for x3 the AOE damage... because he will take 3x the amount of thorn damage. Else the mage will focus on Strong few hitting spells to knock out the knight OR wait for the effect to wear off.
          IMO, allow the shield skill to work while Cover is active, but not the reflect. Imagine a mage/archer dealing aoe and having to reflect all those shot back at them. That would give the other team a huge advantage in team battle. If enemy team decide to wait for Cover to run out and save up on their rage, they risk getting killed first before even activating their hard hit skills.
          ~MIA

Comment

Originally posted by LostLimit View Post
            IMO, allow the shield skill to work while Cover is active, but not the reflect. Imagine a mage/archer dealing aoe and having to reflect all those shot back at them. That would give the other team a huge advantage in team battle. If enemy team decide to wait for Cover to run out and save up on their rage, they risk getting killed first before even activating their hard hit skills.
            Hmm true, but then the other team will have their own cover. Or if they are strong enough, they can spike the enemy knight covering to death. If they have enough HP to handle the thron damage.

Comment

Not every team will have a knight. Even if they're strong enough to kill the knight, they'll be wasting all their rage killing a tank, who does little damage compared to his allies.
              ~MIA

Comment

Do they really the R2Games can modify the gameplay of Wartune since it is a franchise. 'But not sure if it is a franchise. 'But we want to hear from any GM's or anyone who knows that does r2games can modify the game or just add an add-ons on it? That is the big question. So if they can modify it, we'll love to give more ideas & suggestion however if they cannot or just can only put add-ons on it. We knew already what's the game gonna look like at the future.
                I have played and become one of the strongest Mage in Server 5 and showed them how powerful mages are than Archers. 'I purchased balens & trying to support r2games 'but now I am quitting because of r2games doesn't even help you out and hear you out. 'They cannot make anything possible hence they are the only one who can do it.

Thank you everyone!
                I enjoyed the game and the game itself rocks!
                'but the company is ruined it.
                Goodbye!

Comment

R2 is just publisher, they cannot modify the code directly. But they can pass suggestions to the developer, the ones they like or popular. Then 7Road will look into it and can consider them. If the suggestions fit within what they plan/envision, then they might consider it. They wont use the ideas directly as suggested, but the basic concept will be kept if it is liked.

Normally that is how it works with other games i seen o-o

Comment

R2 is just publisher, they cannot modify the code directly. But they can pass suggestions to the developer, the ones they like or popular. Then 7Road will look into it and can consider them. If the suggestions fit within what they plan/envision, then they might consider it. They wont use the ideas directly as suggested, but the basic concept will be kept if it is liked.

Normally that is how it works with other games i seen o-o
                    Thats why almost ALL our suggestions are useless to post. Its all up to 7Road to decide, and (no racial discrimination intended) being a Chinese developer, theyll disregard it and go with whatever they want

Comment

Originally posted by autlos View Post
                      Thats why almost ALL our suggestions are useless to post. Its all up to 7Road to decide, and (no racial discrimination intended) being a Chinese developer, theyll disregard it and go with whatever they want
                      ^ There Might Be "SOME" Truth To That Last Part
                      'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                      ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Originally posted by ProNab View Post
                        ^ There Might Be "SOME" Truth To That Last Part
                        Ideas the publish thinks are good or ideas that will make the game work better in a localized market can be sent to the developer for consideration. I been involved in another Chinese published game where they handled the game operation in the US and they told me straight up that they liked an idea. But the problem is, it does not fit with the overall goal of what they intend to take the game and would require overhaul of the base code to do it correctly. Although how many of these ideas get filed away for future games they then dig out... noone knows =P

Comment

Ideas the publish thinks are good or ideas that will make the game work better in a localized market can be sent to the developer for consideration. I been involved in another Chinese published game where they handled the game operation in the US and they told me straight up that they liked an idea. But the problem is, it does not fit with the overall goal of what they intend to take the game and would require overhaul of the base code to do it correctly. Although how many of these ideas get filed away for future games they then dig out... noone knows =P
                          ^ Ya Got SUm Purrty nice Info Thurr Thx
                          'Cuz I'ma CandyMan~
                          ☣CAIN☣

Comment

Updated with Version 2.0

Comment

Working...
                            X